SKAT-TRAK 30X13X14 VS STU VIDEO

warlock

Wanna Go Fast? - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 23, 2009
az
Heres a video of some sand tire testing at Glamis with 2 bone stock XP 1000 4 seaters and you can see clear as day that the Skats dominate the STU. The Roll out on the new Skats really work great.

Reactions: ALEX

Markflexes

Tear It Up 2011 RZR XP
Feb 28, 2012
Peoria, AZ
Thanks for posting Warlock. I wish I had a set of these 30's but the 28's Skats I got from Tim last season before he had these available work very well also. Though, I now wish I had some patience and waited a few months. Cosmetically the 30's look way better as well but I am all about function and performance. Do you happen to know the know how the wider 30' Skat does compared to the narrow 30x11?

Anyone want to buy a near new set of 28" Skats on super light CMS Custom black wheels (less than 9lbs / wheel) purchased less than a year ago from Xtreme Tire? Or, I will sell the tires without the wheels. Either way I will make you a good deal. PM me if interested. :eek:

Reactions: warlock

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
Thanks for posting Warlock. I wish I had a set of these 30's but the 28's Skats I got from Tim last season before he had these available work very well also. Though, I now wish I had some patience and waited a few months. Cosmetically the 30's look way better as well but I am all about function and performance. Do you happen to know the know how the wider 30' Skat does compared to the narrow 30x11?

Anyone want to buy a near new set of 28" Skats on super light CMS Custom black wheels (less than 9lbs / wheel) purchased less than a year ago from Xtreme Tire? Or, I will sell the tires without the wheels. Either way I will make you a good deal. PM me if interested. :eek:
Whats your Roll out.

Sent from my Magic Wand!

Rynomx785

Jun 21, 2015
Wickenburg, AZ
Any idea what wheels both cars were running? What paddle configuration was the Skat car running?

We had one guy in our group with the new 30/13's and he absolutely loved them. Never raced him though. He didn't push it very hard duning so it was hard to judge how well they worked comparatively speaking.

jajl22

Jun 5, 2015
Scat 30's made for a 15in wheel or a 14in wheel? or does he have both options available?

I know you don't sell them but figured you might know

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
we just pitted a XP1k with stu's....against a XPturbo with skats and the turbo car did not run away from the xp1k. I dont think those scats have enough paddle for the turbo edition car...Id bet the turbo car could use 12 paddles.

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
we just pitted a XP1k with stu's....against a XPturbo with skats and the turbo car did not run away from the xp1k. I dont think those scats have enough paddle for the turbo edition car...Id bet the turbo car could use 12 paddles.
Was the Skat-Trak car in 4wd

Sent from my Magic Wand!

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
Was the Skat-Trak car in 4wd

Sent from my Magic Wand!
Yes....We took out the turbo cars all with STU's and they had the power to run straight up to Rev limiter...so the Scat will need more paddle for a turbo car to make it hook up. I think a 12 paddle staggered scat might work better.....but I'd like to see what a STU comp cut will do VS the 8 paddle scat. I personally think it will work better than the scat.

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
Well I know of an example of a couple of new Polaris owners and one got his computer flashed and was running STUs on his car and his buddies car was stock no flash but had Skats on it and would beat up the guy with the flash and STUs so the guy with STUs thought there was something wrong with his car obviously and then they figured out it was the tires. I know cars that are Tuned up at 17 psi and just loving the Skat-Trak 30x11x14 8 paddle. Tims friend with a Apex Turbo built up runs I think 10 paddle. Also depends on what a guy is doing also, not sure if your into boating at all but paddle count and size of blades are similar to propping a boat as there are trade offs more pitch or more blades on a boat can give you one or the other but rarely both so it's either a hole shot or top end so what do ya want. We prop our boats for the big end and if your into skiing you prop for holeshot acceleration but suffer on the Big End. I run an 8 paddle 30x13x14 on my Max with approx 150hp. Seems to work great all the way around. 8 paddle doesn't like slow duning in soft sand, 8 blades for faster dune rides most of the guys in our group run 9 paddle extreme blades on the 4 seat cars.

Sent from my Magic Wand!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000