Skeletonized Short Bus

Slacker

La Familia
Apr 1, 2012
Bakersfield
The next time your buddy calls you up and says 'hey man lets put some u joints in the front drive shaft of the Crew!' you should definitely help him. He will owe you big, like help you move kinda big :D

I'd bet that the RZR 4 is about the same process unless you can sneak the shaft out of one end of the machine or the other.

onerich

The Carpenter - UTVUnderground's La familia
Jan 29, 2011
Elmonte, SOCAL
I would thought you could drop the skid and take it apart in the center or something like that .But now she is naked what else did you find ?? :eek:

Slacker

La Familia
Apr 1, 2012
Bakersfield
There are 4 cross members in there above the skid plate that are welded in. The shaft is a one piece that's right at 6' long. It's pretty tight getting a u-joint press around in there so of course they we're a real battle. We wound up giving up on the easy road and decided to take the fight to the vise. They were rusted in so bad we had to take the last cap out with the Victor wrench.
For the miles and service on that machine we didn't find anything too crazy. I have a few little knick knacks to attend to but not bad.

XPirate

Sep 9, 2011
Bakertucky
Hey Slacker, I'm kinda liking the less is more approach..... Wish I had some time to help out, but it's been hectic around my place..... I'd take pics of my project, but I'm a little embarrassed right now....

Slacker

La Familia
Apr 1, 2012
Bakersfield
I kind of put this project off but my ride in Utah made it oober clear that it had to be done. One of the joints was pretty trashed. Give me shout if you need someone to drink your beer and give valuable advice while you work on that. It's a service I provide.
Hopefully the Short Bus will be operational again by the end of the week.

XPirate

Sep 9, 2011
Bakertucky
I hear ya, the pirate ship has to be ready to set sail by 0730 on thursday.... problem is I'm still on graveyards till then... So I wake up at 230, work on it for a little, then go to work at 6...And to be honest, it would be hard to watch you drink my beer, knowing I can't have one cause I'm heading into work in an hour..... Damn obligations...why can't I win the lottery :confused::confused::confused:

66cummins

moab junkie
Dec 4, 2009
Poor thing looks so naked, do you atleast have a heater in the garage so she doesn't get cold at night?? :D

Slacker

La Familia
Apr 1, 2012
Bakersfield
I know, the whole work thing really gets in the way. The fan must stay on in the garage or I go back out there and the poor thing is dripping in sweat, hadn't really considered that the first night, drank two bowls of water.
I did however find the u joints this morning. Dealer was at $43 a whack and had to order them! Found greasable Spicers for $13ea. and in stock, gotta love Bakersfield for something.

GOVACHO

Nov 8, 2011
Riverssippi
I know, the whole work thing really gets in the way. The fan must stay on in the garage or I go back out there and the poor thing is dripping in sweat, hadn't really considered that the first night, drank two bowls of water.
I did however find the u joints this morning. Dealer was at $43 a whack and had to order them! Found greasable Spicers for $13ea. and in stock, gotta love Bakersfield for something.
There is not one damn thing to love about the Dale....:eek::D:eek:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000