All UTV's Sneak peak at the new SR1 arse kicking machines for 2013

LORENZ

Lorenz Industries - UTVUnderground Approved
Feb 11, 2009
Jerod and I are jumping feet first into the LOORRS SR1 Class for 2013. It's a new team with new builds by HRT and Benchmark. I'm going to be running one of the few ZX-10 Kawasaki Teryx cars out there, while Jerod is going to stick with the tried and trued Yamaha Rhino SR1 Chassis. Here's a few shots of the tear down and motor mock ups from this week.

As an FYI we'll be offing the 686 Rhino motor and the 840 Teryx motor to help fund our 2013 season. Both are built to the kilt Benchmark motors with Corillo rods and CNC Heads and all of Chris' tricks. We have receipts for both motors. Both of these motors have low hours. Here's a link to the classifieds ad. http://classifieds.utvunderground.com/index.php?ct=utvparts&md=details&id=34129

On to the eye candy

Attachments

LORENZ

Feb 11, 2009
We'll be running the SoCal Regional Series, and jumping over to the Arizona Series to capture the SR1 Championship to spoil the Wellers fun. I'm sure Cory or Jason Weller will jump in here to give us the details on how the SR1 Championship will work in 2013. We run a couple of their Arizona races, they run some of ours SoCal races and then we combine points for an SR1 Champion.

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
The regionals are shaping up to be huge in 2013. I hope to cover the SoCal regional for the Underground.

waytay

Get Outta MY Waytay - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Feel free to drop the take offs in my garage for a xmas present! Spare diffs would be nice and cv joints.....

LORENZ

Feb 11, 2009
The HRT boys are on it. Todays work included:

- zx10 motor removed from the salvaged street bike
- zx10 motor is in and mounted in the car
- subframe is welded
- center carrier installed.

Sammy laid down the whip. "CHARGE"

LORENZ

Feb 11, 2009
Feel free to drop the take offs in my garage for a xmas present! Spare diffs would be nice and cv joints.....
The only Dif left is the rear Teryx. The front teryx is sold and Jerods Rhino difs went like hot cakes. The Rhino summers bros and gorilla axles and CV's are available but the Teryx axles and cv's are going into the Fetching Mrs Lorenz car.

So this is what we have left:

686 Benchmark built Rhino motor complete with clutch (fresh)
840 Benchmark built Teryx Motor complete with clutch (fresh)
Teryx rear dif 19hrs on it
Rhino long travel axles and CV's front and rear Gorilla and Summers Bros

LORENZ

Feb 11, 2009
Some more progress. Headers go in next and need some fabrication. It looks like we'll be using the stock titanium unit and scavenging some Ti from the R1 exhaust as Weller doesn't make a kit for the ZX10. A Weller R1 header kit will be used and fabed together for the SR1 car. I recall Jason at Weller saying they have a self weld together header kit as most of the cars get 1 off headers.

Seeing as Jerod has no legs, we're going with a Rekluse automatic clutch and Todd at HRT is brainstorming the hand controls. Taking 1 piece of the puzzle out of the equation is a bonus. He's going to have a busy cockpit even with an auto clutch.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000