Yamaha So who makes the best 14" beadlock

113Gilbert

Oct 15, 2013
Hiper wheels claimed they have the best lightest strongest wheel on the market so I bought five 14" dual beadlock Dakar wheels signed up for the worcs race at buffalo bills and destroyed one in less then one hour of use didn't even make it thru practice and not going more then 15 mph into a turn I have video to prove it I blew the whole center section out so looking to change to a company that makes a quality product not just claims it

Attachments

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
That's a fluke deal. Very strong wheels. Tons of people run them wheels and have ZERO issues. If you looking to change check out Method Wheels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bumpers

Jan 23, 2012
Ive seen quiet a few hipers broken .. but for dual beadlocks there's not a ton of options

bmzero

Sep 5, 2010
Obviously, everyone's experience varies, but for me the 14" HiPer dual beadlocks were a game changer. I broke several wheels of other brands before switching to HiPer three years ago. I have over 250 race hours (seriously) on HiPer wheels. Obviously, not the same set, but over that time I have broken only one wheel and that was due to all but one of the wheel studs breaking off and the wheel flopping around on the hub. I don't blame HiPer for that failure.

Personally, I won't run anything but HiPers on mine. My RZR's are only used for racing and they are beat on very hard every time they hit the track.

I do understand that you need confidence in your parts, but based on my experience, it's worth giving them another shot. You may have gotten a bad part. HiPer has excellent customer service. They will definitely take care of it.

Goodtimes

Jan 17, 2009
Ramona
Check out The Method Race Wheel, $201.50, Strongest Cast wheel on the market with a 1600lb load rating, weighing in at 14.2lbs. They Swept the Pro Production class this weekend at the Lucas Oil Off Road Regionals this weekend.

rappy60guy

Jan 24, 2010
Here is my opinion for what its worth. The Hipers are a great wheel but they have their issues. They have to be maintenenced. They have to be torqued down and retorqued often. I have seen the centers break on the machined ones you have. They make the same wheel unmachined that is supposed to be stronger. I never broke one of the all black centers but i have the machined ones. Other than that they are a great wheel thats dual beadlock and light weight. Again that being said when I had my wheels Method Wheels were not available for UTVS. I would say today if i were to buy new wheels I would look at the Methods for sure. Best bang for the buck and from what I have seen and heard there has been little to zero failures but many dont put on blast the product they support.

Apr 10, 2011
Memphis,TN
Here is my opinion for what its worth. The Hipers are a great wheel but they have their issues. They have to be maintenenced. They have to be torqued down and retorqued often. I have seen the centers break on the machined ones you have. They make the same wheel unmachined that is supposed to be stronger. I never broke one of the all black centers but i have the machined ones. Other than that they are a great wheel thats dual beadlock and light weight. Again that being said when I had my wheels Method Wheels were not available for UTVS. I would say today if i were to buy new wheels I would look at the Methods for sure. Best bang for the buck and from what I have seen and heard there has been little to zero failures but many dont put on blast the product they support.
I kept breaking machined wheels also until Hiper sent me the Black/unmachined centers. No problems since then and going on 450 race miles.

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
I don't know if the STI HD beadlock is the best, but I have not had a single issue and we have two cars with them. Also the price of this beadlock wheel is less then $100 per wheel, which has to make it one of the most affordable UTV beadlocks avalible. I have not seen any threads on any of the UTV sites regarding the STI HD failing either.

113Gilbert

Oct 15, 2013
Thank you everyone for the input I would love to stay with hipers but I called them today and just off their customer service alone I will not back their product all they do is put the blame on their powder coaters I would understand if they just owned up to it and said it was a bad casting run but no also they need to redo their warranty they will not cover the beadlock rings which I also trashed the inside one because of the rim breaking and causing the hub to damage the ring which they wont cover terrible customer service period

Bebe

Access Advocate
Jul 27, 2012
Auburn, CA
I don't know if the STI HD beadlock is the best, but I have not had a single issue and we have two cars with them. Also the price of this beadlock wheel is less then $100 per wheel, which has to make it one of the most affordable UTV beadlocks avalible. I have not seen any threads on any of the UTV sites regarding the STI HD failing either.
I have 2 sets and am looking for a third. I love those wheels. The only complaint I had was the softness of the bolt heads, so we changed them. Easy. No Failures and they take a beating on the Rock trails up here and have never leaked air.

chad59

Mongloid Paw - UTVUnderground Approved
Apr 23, 2010
Yuma, AZ
DWT Sector Period, do waste your money on the other Chit! Hipers are a joke! Garbage

Goodtimes

Jan 17, 2009
Ramona
method makes the "best" beadlocks out there

Travis, I like your thinking. you and many others are seeing the difference. With the UTVs of today, the traditional 4, 5, 6 and 700lb load rating just dont cut it on the track. We now are surpassing the 100Hp mark and the weight of the machines going 1500lbs + and the 17" + of travel all add up to more potential abuse to the wheels . Our race wheel has the highest load rating on the market. 1600lb and weighs 14.2 lbs this is with the grade 8 hardware and Billet ring. Prices starting at $183.00 per wheel not bad for all the technology in it. This will defiantly help put you in a better position out on the track or the trail when pushing the limits.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000