some axle help for a new guy

robbyredneck

Sep 12, 2017
i have a set of cvs for a custom build that are 4 inches too short. i removed the outers and the center shaft appears to be 23 splines and about 12.75" long with an o.d. of .939 .

does anyone know of a center shaft that would be 16-17" that i could cross reference? i would think a lot of these would interchange. any help would be appreciated.

Rob

Ratoutahell

Sep 21, 2014
Western Colorado
The Polaris axles for 2016 and 2017 XP's are different. You can find part numbers for all the parts and years here:

http://www.polarispartshouse.com/oemparts/c/polaris_utility/parts

Between '16 and '17 all the outer CV's are the same but the inner CV's are different between the front and the rear axles. Also the rear CV's are bigger for '17 and the '16 is no longer available. (at least on the XPT)

You can order axles shafts for a '16 CV but if you break the inner '16 CV you will not be able to get a replacement.

Once you know what CV's you have or will be running you can call an axle manufacture like Summer Brothers and they can tell you what shafts you need. Also the lengths are different depending on what long travel kit you have so you will need the LT manufacture or the length.

Last edited:

robbyredneck

Sep 12, 2017
IMAG0705.jpg IMAG0707.jpg thanks for the reply. I don't really have an origional model to cross reference from other than land master 700 from american sportworks. what i do have is actual dimensions and with how many of you guys do long travel kits i would think there would be a sea of stock axles laying around. here are some pics . from the first pic you can see the shaft is really short. sorry it is 22 spline. the second pic is whole. 24 spline on the inboard and 20 on the hub. if any of you have something complete that fits those criteria lmk. i have to fab the hub anyhow. thanks Rob

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000