All UTV's Sport 4 Seat vs. Sport 2 Seat

What Sport SxS do you prefer? Would you wait?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ripper

4 x IED survivor
Sep 19, 2013
CO, AZ
Hello!

I'm starting to lean towards the sport 4 seater's that these companies are offering. From the videos I'm watching and all my reading; these things are keeping right up with the 2 seaters, in just about every aspect, with very minor setbacks. Some claim they are a smoother ride and even perform better in the sand dunes than the 2 seaters do.

For those that have experienced both, what are your thoughts? I have a family of 6. All said, I'm leaning towards waiting on the 2014 RZR 1000 XP4 and purchasing "The best I can find sport SxS later down the road. Maybe than Yamaha, Suzuki, Honda etc. might come out with something nice and fast ;)

Than again, I'm thinking on just getting the 900 XP4 model because I am impatient.

Need some good input gents!

Much respect,
RiP

Ripper

4 x IED survivor
Sep 19, 2013
CO, AZ
I'm guessing people like to vote in the polls but do not care to reply as to why. Thanks for the one! :D

Max seems to be the way to go.
Cheers,
RiP

1947_LEVI

Jul 31, 2013
San Juan Capistrano CA
Hello!

I'm starting to lean towards the sport 4 seater's that these companies are offering. From the videos I'm watching and all my reading; these things are keeping right up with the 2 seaters, in just about every aspect, with very minor setbacks. Some claim they are a smoother ride and even perform better in the sand dunes than the 2 seaters do.

For those that have experienced both, what are your thoughts? I have a family of 6. All said, I'm leaning towards waiting on the 2014 RZR 1000 XP4 and purchasing "The best I can find sport SxS later down the road. Maybe than Yamaha, Suzuki, Honda etc. might come out with something nice and fast ;)

Than again, I'm thinking on just getting the 900 XP4 model because I am impatient.

Need some good input gents!

Much respect,
RiP
I have raced both the xp 2 seater and xp 4 seater. If you want to build it in any way four seater is hands down the way to go unless you doing worcs racing. The setup you can do with the 4 is AMAZING when it comes to whoops and overall ride quality. There is really no difference except extended frame rails. There is no reason not to go with a 4. I would also recommend waiting for the 1000 4 to come out before purchasing. Either but the 1000 4 or then the price of the 900 4 will be cheaper anyways. Once you put on a cage and re-work it inside you cannot even tell it was a 4 seater to begin with. Check out our two builds we did off 900 four seaters.
www.facebook.com/brightsideracing

Ripper

4 x IED survivor
Sep 19, 2013
CO, AZ
I have raced both the xp 2 seater and xp 4 seater. If you want to build it in any way four seater is hands down the way to go unless you doing worcs racing. The setup you can do with the 4 is AMAZING when it comes to whoops and overall ride quality. There is really no difference except extended frame rails. There is no reason not to go with a 4. I would also recommend waiting for the 1000 4 to come out before purchasing. Either but the 1000 4 or then the price of the 900 4 will be cheaper anyways. Once you put on a cage and re-work it inside you cannot even tell it was a 4 seater to begin with. Check out our two builds we did off 900 four seaters.
www.facebook.com/brightsideracing
You just made my decision for me. Especially seeing those mean machines! The more I look at these four sweaters, the better they look and sound over the 2 seater.

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it.
Much respect,
Rip

warlock

Wanna Go Fast? - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 23, 2009
az
We took my Buddies 4 seat Can Am Max to a local desert spot that we have close by where we used to ride Motocross bikes and its state land that's surrounded by homes now and a few people still sneak out there and ride its called the Water hole since it has a huge horeshoe shaped berm and it holds water back and it has tracks all around it. It has some Nasty Whoops that are all unevenly spaced and cut up with square edged wash outs from the rains. since its rarely ridden on anymore it is very rough. and hard pack with a gravel like surface so its Super squirley like riding on a hard surface with 1/4 minus gravel top. That being said we were beating the piss out of it 50+ Mph sideways through some of it and had to b e a little carefull not to slide to much of course so as not to destroy the Plastic Body on it since it only had 10 miles on it. But damn that thing worked so good it was awesome. Riding Shotgun I was Puckered up on a few hits that we nosed into, some wash outs at the Bottom of the washes were squared off and we blew rocks and dirt up and over us a few times and it didn't hurt LOL. We never took the time to adjust the Shocks but the rear shocks needed a little more compression adjustment for the nasty g outs. I think a 2 seat car with the shorter wheel base would have a hard time hanging with the 4 seater through the nasty shit. Kris loves the 4 seaters for the longer wheel base and the stability they have. He only buys 4 seaters since he had the Robby Gordon RZR and the XP900s. He said after that romp that the Max was by far the Best 4 seater yet and the suspension was awesome. His Custom Built race SXS with bad boy suspension was slightly better in comparison were his exact Words on that one. So if your in need of a 4 seater don't worry just get it.

Ripper

4 x IED survivor
Sep 19, 2013
CO, AZ
We took my Buddies 4 seat Can Am Max to a local desert spot that we have close by where we used to ride Motocross bikes and its state land that's surrounded by homes now and a few people still sneak out there and ride its called the Water hole since it has a huge horeshoe shaped berm and it holds water back and it has tracks all around it. It has some Nasty Whoops that are all unevenly spaced and cut up with square edged wash outs from the rains. since its rarely ridden on anymore it is very rough. and hard pack with a gravel like surface so its Super squirley like riding on a hard surface with 1/4 minus gravel top. That being said we were beating the piss out of it 50+ Mph sideways through some of it and had to b e a little carefull not to slide to much of course so as not to destroy the Plastic Body on it since it only had 10 miles on it. But damn that thing worked so good it was awesome. Riding Shotgun I was Puckered up on a few hits that we nosed into, some wash outs at the Bottom of the washes were squared off and we blew rocks and dirt up and over us a few times and it didn't hurt LOL. We never took the time to adjust the Shocks but the rear shocks needed a little more compression adjustment for the nasty g outs. I think a 2 seat car with the shorter wheel base would have a hard time hanging with the 4 seater through the nasty shit. Kris loves the 4 seaters for the longer wheel base and the stability they have. He only buys 4 seaters since he had the Robby Gordon RZR and the XP900s. He said after that romp that the Max was by far the Best 4 seater yet and the suspension was awesome. His Custom Built race SXS with bad boy suspension was slightly better in comparison were his exact Words on that one. So if your in need of a 4 seater don't worry just get it.
Even more gasoline for the fire.

I was optimistic about purchasing the longer vehicle do to high centering. But my mind is definitely made up on this. I've decided on the 4 seat. Now the next decision to be made is get the 900 XP4 or wait for the 1000 XP4. I am heavily leaning towards waiting for the 1000 XP4.

2014 RZR 1KXP4 Here I come!

This color but a 4 seater.

I need to figure out how to make upgrade her so she'll pull a wheelie :D

Cheers,
RiP

desertwheeler

Extra Crispy
Oct 25, 2011
Barstow
I was very tentative about getting my JX because I like to crawl and man it crawls awesome! It tackles stuff with ease that the two seats have problems. It makes it ride so nice too!

Ripper

4 x IED survivor
Sep 19, 2013
CO, AZ
I was very tentative about getting my JX because I like to crawl and man it crawls awesome! It tackles stuff with ease that the two seats have problems. It makes it ride so nice too!
I believe people become more hesitant when they are laying down 1000's of $'s on a vehicle. Tentative... I definitely lack in that category if you are the trial by error type.

I use to be into riding ATV's, but I will feel much safer in a caged vehicle. Especially with the longer wheel base. I like to catch air once in a while to. I'm confident in the 4seaters ability to land better than the shorter wheel base on the 2 seater.

This is one reason I was turned off by the Maverick. I watched a several videos of them jumping and they take nose dives. I'm not sure why that is... Perhaps it's because their engineers decided to center the engine? Now you have a front heavy passenger ride.

Cheers,
RiP

desertwheeler

Extra Crispy
Oct 25, 2011
Barstow
I was dead set to buy a maverick, I love can am's we had a renegade and outlander 800's and they were great machines loved the v-twins! The wife talked about how she would like a 4 seater. The jagged x just came out at the time and I saw it in person and thought this is perfect! Has the ability for 4 seats and tons of storage, after that it was a no brainier. It has gone almost everywhere we have taken the quads on the rock crawling trails in our area. The only downsides are its harder to turn around and when going slow through big whoops it drags. Pretty much tho you just have to drive a bit different according to your length. But in more situations than not the extra length is very helpful.

Ripper

4 x IED survivor
Sep 19, 2013
CO, AZ
I was dead set to buy a maverick, I love can am's we had a renegade and outlander 800's and they were great machines loved the v-twins! The wife talked about how she would like a 4 seater. The jagged x just came out at the time and I saw it in person and thought this is perfect! Has the ability for 4 seats and tons of storage, after that it was a no brainier. It has gone almost everywhere we have taken the quads on the rock crawling trails in our area. The only downsides are its harder to turn around and when going slow through big whoops it drags. Pretty much tho you just have to drive a bit different according to your length. But in more situations than not the extra length is very helpful.
Thus far; nothing but + response. This leaves me nothing but the decision to go go ahead with the 2014 RZR XP1K!

I called Polaris actual; inquiring about the 2014 XP1K and found just what I expected. Nothing lol! I was shooting at ducks in the dark. My only request was a time estimate for the 4 seater. With that said, hopefully my patience pays off.

Maybe; just maybe, they will add some modifications to this vehicle that they didn't have differentiating from their last 4 seat and the 2 seater if that makes sense. It will have to justify paying $25,000+ for the machine...

Thank you for all the responses thus far!
Much respect,
RiP

underider

Oct 7, 2013
I would vote for <input name="optionnumber[3]" value="yes" id="cb_optionnumber_3" type="checkbox">Be patient, wait for the Polaris RZR4 1000!
At least its newer and better.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000