Sputtering under load

Redride

Aug 23, 2015
just got back from Mexico where our 2015 xp1000 started sputtering after 100 miles. Engine temps were under 200, but the exhaust got hot enough to melt the plastic cover. Runs perfect for the first few miles until things warm up then they stay consistently bad. My thought is a bad Tmap sensor, but didn't have an extra one to swap out. Checked all vent lines and injectors and everything seams fine. Are there any other air/fuel sensors that I am missing?

tatum

Hans Solo - 2009 UTV Baja 500 & 1000 Winner - UTVU
Feb 10, 2009
arizona
ITS A POLARIS! Haha,just kidding. Are you sure its not going in to limp mode?

Redride

Aug 23, 2015
Funny thing is that the owner received a recall letter with 4 issues pertaining to hot exhaust and fuel venting issues. We will see what they find when he brings it in.

Redride

Aug 23, 2015
Took it to the dealer and apparently there's a huge nationwide recall and our local dealer is swamped. Additionally they cannot sell any more Rzr's until the federal government give them the OK.

On another note, I was driving with 2 feet which apparently upsets the ECM. Anyone have this issue an know a fix for driving with 2 feet?

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Took it to the dealer and apparently there's a huge nationwide recall and our local dealer is swamped. Additionally they cannot sell any more Rzr's until the federal government give them the OK.

On another note, I was driving with 2 feet which apparently upsets the ECM. Anyone have this issue an know a fix for driving with 2 feet?
yeah they don't like it when you are heavy on the brake and in the throttle. Polaris put that nanny setting in to save clutches and transmissions from what I understand? I am not sure there is a work around but lots of us when going hard two foot. You just have to find the sweet spot lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000