All UTV's SR1 radiator problems

tnez10

Dec 27, 2010
So I recently purchased a used CBR radiator and just finished installing into my SR1 with an 06 engine. My problem is that its not getting any coolant flowing back to the engine. I'm getting coolant to the thermostat but not to the engine. The radiator doesnt seem to be plugged so i'm not sure what is causing this problem. Any suggestions on what my issue might be?

Oc1

Apr 21, 2011
Not sure on the Yamaha but on the Suzuki there are a couple of bolts to pull to bleed the air out. You also need to make sure that the thermostat isn't frozen shut. You should be able to google bleeding the cooling system and figure out if there are bleed ports. Good luck.

tnez10

Dec 27, 2010
Thanks for the response. Yeah i think that i need to try and bleed the air out. Gonna try that tomorrow.

dnf736

Retired - And Still UTVUNderground Approved!!!!
Jan 15, 2009
Alpine, CA
Air in the system.

There should be an air bleed hose at the t-stat housing that returns to the upper-hose somewhere along the way. If I've seen the nipple get plugged up before. Remove the t-stat housing and verify the port is open.

Also, if you mount the t-stat housing upside down (yes Ive seen SR1 guys do that) it will also cause an air lock.

Last, is the radiator lower than the engine? No big deal, I ran my sons this way but it does it difficult to bleed air out. Fill the cooling system, remove the t-stat inlet hose & purge, then hook up and verify flow with the air bleeder hose removed at the t-stat housing.

tnez10

Dec 27, 2010
Thanks guys for the responses. I believe i fixed the problem. Their was air in the lines that needed to be bled out. Seems to be holding temp now and running good.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000