SR1 suggested rules are up!

450grl

The First Lady of SXS - UTVUnderground Approved
Mar 15, 2009
LOL - thanks Joey!! :) Good things are def happening - we are quiet because we are SO BUSY with these things!

PS - Current plans are to race Whiplash at Speedworld Dec 5 - several dune trips - then the Parker 250 in January - then an SR1 demo race at the end of January in CA. :)

RRRHINO

RaRaRaRHINOOOOOOooooooo - UTVUnderground Approved
Feb 24, 2009
I like the idea but to limit it to one engine and a no reverse is really short sighted. Especially the way some people in the rhino class drive.

Great Idea just really short sighted there are a lot of people with race rhinos sitting in the garage that would love to race but aren't going to get into another class that the engine (trans) isn't built to pull around a thousand plus pounds. Most the engines you can put in under 1200cc are all similar in HP.

You are telling me that you can't get out of third gear on what looks like it's a long track. Then why not let these other similar engine's run just make specific rules on where to mount it.

Just my 2cents.

Like i have said before great Idea

AZCourt

AZ's Finest - UTVUnderground Approved
Feb 11, 2009
I say build what you want. I like the fact that the wellers have put a ton of effort into this, but don't necessarily like all the rules. That's just the m4sx class though. Whiplash, grinding stone, bitd will let you run whatever you bring.

thrashemcrew

Nov 8, 2009
I'd like to throw out that thrashemmotorsports has a 1000 kit out there. we have 6 kits in extensive testing should be released within the next week or two. kit accepts any engine you wish to install. yamaha honda kawi suzuki 600 1000 13000. whatever you want it doesn't matter. stock chassis or race chassis, or any utv with minimum modification, either rhino trex or rzr. we have spoken with several racing associations, there will be an open 1000cc class at most events, allowing you to run your choice or motor, kit or utv. we will have a few cars testing at the race at speedworld on the 5th of dec. we will be supporting our test cars at the upcoming races any questions come see us or feel free to hang out.

Last edited by a moderator:

OLET

Grabbin' Gears - UTVUnderground Approved
Nov 9, 2009
I have one of thrashams kits , this guy has been at every race making sure that the car runs right , really stands behind his product! I know the wellers and think they are great guys and i am sure there kit is great to! I just thinks class rules should not be so limited. I actually talked to Jason and he told me if i needed any help just call him. We just need to adjust the rules a little , this would help with more racers , more money , more excitment , not to metion to make sure there are enough entries to make sure the class produses enough money to stay running and to make sure there is enough money to even rent these tracks to race on! Those are just my thoughts! Thanks Thrasham , 2x and FST they made it happen for me! Jason thank you to for offering to help me.

450grl

Mar 15, 2009
Well, to get this thread back on topic, just wanted to say that Tyler Herzog got his SR1 up and running in time for the Tuff Truck race held at ET last night! Two definitely sounds better than one! :)

Tyler and I had a lot of fun battling it out on the small but fun course out there! It was good seeing everyone else out there too - even if the whoops did have it's "casualties!" Bobby and Dan were too funny in Bobby's newest addition to his UTV family!

We are now 6 for 6 in the SR1 (six races started - six races finished!) and Tyler went 1/1 last night! :) Josh will have his finished this week in time to take it to the dunes for Thanksgiving. It's gonna be fun having 3 of us running the drags together! :)

As for 2010, things are coming together nicely - we will keep everyone posted!! :)

BOBONTHIS

#64 PRO UTVUNDERGROUND RACER - UTVUnderground Appr
Jan 27, 2009
Mesa, AZ
Well, to get this thread back on topic, just wanted to say that Tyler Herzog got his SR1 up and running in time for the Tuff Truck race held at ET last night! Two definitely sounds better than one! :)

Tyler and I had a lot of fun battling it out on the small but fun course out there! It was good seeing everyone else out there too - even if the whoops did have it's "casualties!" Bobby and Dan were too funny in Bobby's newest addition to his UTV family!

We are now 6 for 6 in the SR1 (six races started - six races finished!) and Tyler went 1/1 last night! :) Josh will have his finished this week in time to take it to the dunes for Thanksgiving. It's gonna be fun having 3 of us running the drags together! :)

As for 2010, things are coming together nicely - we will keep everyone posted!! :)
Well after watching these Weller SR1 cars run flawlessly last night I decided I have to have one, So I purchased Bradys Wilkins race Rhino with the 08 R1 in it. I will be running the SR1 along with XMF Teryx next season. All I can say now is lets get it on. Dan Kelly(Bronco) is also building one. That makes at least 10 cars ready to race for next season that I know of for sure & I m sure more to come. P.S. We will see you all @ Speedworld on DEC 5 & 6 for some exciting 1000cc racing. I have my money on the guy in the red car:D

450grl

Mar 15, 2009
Well after watching these Weller SR1 cars run flawlessly last night I decided I have to have one, So I purchased Bradys Wilkins race Rhino with the 08 R1 in it. I will be running the SR1 along with XMF Teryx next season. All I can say now is lets get it on. Dan Kelly(Bronco) is also building one. That makes at least 10 cars ready to race for next season that I know of for sure & I m sure more to come. P.S. We will see you all @ Speedworld on DEC 5 & 6 for some exciting 1000cc racing. I have my money on the guy in the red car:D
Wait - does that mean your making this one red, too?? :) Dec 5 should be a lot of fun!!

BOBONTHIS

#64 PRO UTVUNDERGROUND RACER - UTVUnderground Appr
Jan 27, 2009
Mesa, AZ
Your an animal Bobby!!!!!!!!!!! I want an SR1 so bad!

What is Brady going to do?
We are trading for my wife’s two seat sport Rhino. So now he can just cruse the dunes & not worry about racing. I'm sure I'll let him race it if he wants to now & then. We will have it ready in two weeks for the Whiplash race @ Speedworld.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000