SR1 suggested rules are up!

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Rog dont get me wrong. I fully agree a panel of RACERS should write the rules so that they can agree to conform to and commit to the class. I just dont agree with what seems like bench racers trying to shoot down an awesome idea before its even off the ground.

You have a ton of knowledge, I know that, everyone knows that. You have valid opinions and I know that this forum is a great way to share them so I do not want to discourage that. But I just want people to understand that what Weller is doing is a really GREAT thing and now is the time to support it, grow interest, and then as more poeple begin to commit and gaint hat interest then look at the obsticles that are being faced.

I think more people need to call Jason and discuss directly to hear out his actual side. Mike V. did it yesterday and they worked out that he will be able to be g-fathered in (if you wil) as long as he meets the bulk of the requirements. He is willing to meet Weller half way so that he can race a car that was built over a year ago. If he had not called Jason he may still be wondering where all of this is going. Instead he called and now he is as excited as any of us.

So again. lets support the cause, continue to brainstorm, and help Weller and the racers involved get this SR1 class up and off the ground!!!

Wild Earp

50Fifty Racer - UTVUnderground Approved
That is a tricky situation. I as a fan want to see all UTV's race from Rhinos to AC1000's. I just wish Yamaha would hurry up and build a fricken 800+ V-Twin motor!!! LOL
Yeah, i have been waiting patiently for Yamaha to announce a vTwin. No going to happen anytime soon, so I pretty much gave up on racing until the SR1 class came around. If they dont get enough cars, Ill probably just add reverse and use it as a play car.

Wild Earp

see you have an opinion too, :) but all require two seats in all short course series. I think single cyl machines should be able to drop weight, or the twins weigh more, but apparantly that ain't gonna happen, and we have brought this up before, Corry and I and others.

total width got changed for Dragon fire this year also, so if they wanna do an R1, do they have to redo thier suspension????

do you start to see why a panel of members is needed?
Dragonfire brought SxSs back to the big CORR/Lucas races, and in doing they had enough pull to "adjust" the rules to meet their needs. I dont agree with it, but it is what it is, and atleast we have a place to race at the big show.

Remember, Dragonfire was going to change the pro class to 1000 ccs max, without really even asking the current racers, but all the racers shot that down, and instead they made a separate class (that only a few cars ever raced in).

Wild Earp

sorry cant spell always think im in text mode. the arcticat 1000 is second in points in bitd pro class. I think he raced the last 2 races with it, for sure at vegas to reno. no gray areas only black and white
I wasnt aware of that! Definitely not fair in my opionion. I havent been following BITD much since I started doing shortcourse. But I built my car for BITD, and would have been very upset to be racing against 1000cc cars in the Pro class. Its hard enough competing with the Vtwins! :)

07fj

Rainman - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 19, 2009
Tonopah, Az
Dragonfire brought SxSs back to the big CORR/Lucas races, and in doing they had enough pull to "adjust" the rules to meet their needs. I dont agree with it, but it is what it is, and atleast we have a place to race at the big show.

Remember, Dragonfire was going to change the pro class to 1000 ccs max, without really even asking the current racers, but all the racers shot that down, and instead they made a separate class (that only a few cars ever raced in).
yup, dan was the only one who raced, and was not that fast anyway:eek:

Joey, like I said before, you support UTV racing more than anyone I know, so you should be onboard with a chance at having more peeps in the field ;) , that is what I am considering in my comments. look at how M4sx has to put "stockers/mods" with the pro's to field a race, sad but true. So if this field has limited numbers, then they still will be piled together as I see it. fans are not gonna want to watch two or three cars go at it, sorry (M4sx) but the trucks were that way this year and it was ho hum at best.

20-30 TK's are the best to watch, or 20 prolites in Lucas. the more the better.

AZCourt

AZ's Finest - UTVUnderground Approved
Feb 11, 2009
Having just broken my motor AGAIN, this is really tempting. The lack of reverse is just killing it for me though.

AZCourt

Feb 11, 2009
Yeah, but not having reverse when its so ease just seems silly. Also the weight rule needs to be with driver, otherwise someone like Correy has a huge advantage already.

AZCourt

Feb 11, 2009
I tell you what is so appealing is all the damn parts that continuosly break on these things gets replaced!!!!!

O'Malley

Apr 14, 2009
yup, dan was the only one who raced, and was not that fast anyway:eek:
In fairness to dan he has not had his car going in good condition this year when he was practicing with his 1000 in his car at speedworld he was able to pull the front tires off the ground between the 2 jumps down the front straight he will have his carready for speedworld in october unless un forseen problems occur

REZ MOTORSPORTS

This Member is a complete fraud and has been banne
Feb 21, 2009
IN HELL
why Production Yamaha Rhino base – Mod/Pro race chassis why not any utv chassis what if i want to do r1 teryx?

and why only Yamaha R1 (2001 – 2008) is 09 and up more power then the 01-08? what about gsxr 1000, cbr1000, just some Q&A be for i jump on my teryx1000:D

07fj

Rainman - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 19, 2009
Tonopah, Az
why Production Yamaha Rhino base – Mod/Pro race chassis why not any utv chassis what if i want to do r1 teryx?

and why only Yamaha R1 (2001 – 2008) is 09 and up more power then the 01-08? what about gsxr 1000, cbr1000, just some Q&A be for i jump on my teryx1000:D
I brought it up a while ago. these same ??'s

I discussed this with many peeps now and the only true drivers class is all in a stock UTV of the same make.

I said it before also, all of the liter bikes are so close in power that it should not matter.
I agree with a point Court made earlier also, minumum weight with driver period.

all major racing is done this way and is now in all classes.

Quad Cartel

Jun 13, 2009
Rialto,CA
I just read through this whole thread and have mixed feelings.

I have a RC51 1000cc powered rhino with a RPM FNR box that tips the scales at 1600lbs with 2 passengers ready to race, I would love to race it on a short track locally in so.cal.

The only advantage I think I would have is,
1. My engine is very far forward and it is great for weight bias and handling.
2. My chain is really long and has a better chance of surviving a hard 30min moto.

The RPM FNR weighs in at 40lbs and the Jeffco comes in at 80lbs I think this could be considered a disadvantage.

facteryfmf

Looking For a Few Good Men - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
By no means does racing the Artic Cat 1000 in the BITD upset me, desert racing has so much more to it than these short course races that the motor does not give a complete advantage! Desert races give you a chance to get back into the lead after getting a flat tire or having something go wrong...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000