SR1 suggested rules are up!

the stripping shop

RACER - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 29, 2009
peoria,Az
www.strippingshop.com
By no means does racing the Artic Cat 1000 in the BITD upset me, desert racing has so much more to it than these short course races that the motor does not give a complete advantage! Desert races give you a chance to get back into the lead after getting a flat tire or having something go wrong...
I have no problem with the articat 1000 or can am, polaris,suzuki,yamaha,honda. because it will only help our sport to succeed i never cared wat motor wat part all i was trying to make a point why have a black and white rule then change in the middle of the season to a gray area. Because the new rule is as long as the manufacter made it. I want all sidexside racing to succeed but if there isn't a group of people to help this out then you will have 3-5 guys out front will everyone else is just there.

REZ MOTORSPORTS

This Member is a complete fraud and has been banne
Feb 21, 2009
IN HELL
I have no problem with the articat 1000 or can am, polaris,suzuki,yamaha,honda. because it will only help our sport to succeed i never cared wat motor wat part all i was trying to make a point why have a black and white rule then change in the middle of the season to a gray area. Because the new rule is as long as the manufacter made it. I want all sidexside racing to succeed but if there isn't a group of people to help this out then you will have 3-5 guys out front will everyone else is just there.
i like what the stripping shop said

Wild Earp

50Fifty Racer - UTVUnderground Approved
Since the idea of other brand liter motors came up again, I thought I would post this. I found it when doing research on which year R1 to buy. Its a dyno comparison of some 05 liter bikes. Surprisingly close!

2005 Yzf R1 Dyno Chart Copy Photo

You have to start somewhere, and I think Weller has made a good choice with sticking to one motor for the time being atleast.

REZ MOTORSPORTS

This Member is a complete fraud and has been banne
Feb 21, 2009
IN HELL
i agree you have to start some where but with the motors so close and just a rhino frame. just some ? like its posted "suggested rules"

KJSmith84

Banned Por Vida
Jan 15, 2009
somewhere up my own ...
Since the idea of other brand liter motors came up again, I thought I would post this. I found it when doing research on which year R1 to buy. Its a dyno comparison of some 05 liter bikes. Surprisingly close!

You have to start somewhere, and I think Weller has made a good choice with sticking to one motor for the time being atleast.

why is it that you have to have the R1- that would be the last motor i would do if i was to swap it.

and why does it have to be a sxs or can it be a mini buggy with a R1 and two seats?

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
come on guys this is Weller's deal they are trying to get a faster Utv in front of the fans and make it more exciting to watch.

you have to start small and then tweak as you go.

KJSmith84

Banned Por Vida
Jan 15, 2009
somewhere up my own ...
come on guys this is Weller's deal they are trying to get a faster Utv in front of the fans and make it more exciting to watch.

yeah thats understandable- but how hard is it to say 1000cc max motor. this will allow different models and makes - what about the kawi guys that want to put in a zx10 in their teryx??? it would be better to start off with all the rules done before; so everyone knows their options-thats all?

i personally am looking forward to seeing these cars racing but not sure on how much faster its really going to be in a heavy rhino on the short track thou.

facteryfmf

Looking For a Few Good Men - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
Im willing to bet that you could easily run an R6 at the top of the R1 class, and even still, Im willing to bet that Austin and Bobs Teryx will still beat the R1 class...

KJSmith84

Banned Por Vida
Jan 15, 2009
somewhere up my own ...
Im willing to bet that you could easily run an R6 at the top of the R1 class, and even still, Im willing to bet that Austin and Bobs Teryx will still beat the R1 class...
thats what im thinking- a four wheel drive fast car like the top 3 guys running- i bet are still going to have faster lap times on a short course.

what ever- im too broke to race so i dont care either way. I personally would like to see the real mx short course racing come back.

facteryfmf

Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
Im excited to see how difficult it will be for the Wellers to have to shift and drive that car on an MX track this weekend. Firebird has too many MX jumps and tight turns to race an R1 IMO, but we shall see!

Wild Earp

50Fifty Racer - UTVUnderground Approved

X2!

true, on the tight tracks, the fast Teryxs and Rzrs will be hard to beat, But they also have alot more that $1000 in their motors. This class is designed for all those old race rhinos sitting in garages that arent going to keep pumping money into single cyl motors, just to be mid pack at best. A class for people that want drivers skill to make more of a difference than money, have a blast for the least amount possible.

And I bet the R1 will kill all "rhinos" on any track, and will put down faster lap times than the 800cc pros on the big tracks like in the Lucas Oil Series. After watching them at firebird, go watch them at the Speedworld open practice, and see what they do there!

There are alot of people who have spent 30, 40, 50k on a race rhino and arent racing it because the motor options. This gives them another option, to dust off the old stuff and go run it.

The reasoning behing only 1 motor, is that they can require their engine mounts, and that keeps anyone from moving the motor forward to get better weight distribution, and I doubt they have the money and time to engineer and build 4 or 5 different motor combo mounts for a new class. You dont want to try too much at once, or it WILL fail. Make it as cheap and simple as possible, and it CAN work.

All my 2 cents of course.

roostingrhino

Roost That Rhino - UTVUnderground Approved
Jun 21, 2009
the r1 is a great motor it has good power, it likes to be wide open... the r6 wouldnt have enuff torq to race with i would think it would be a big turd... i think have it open to all makes of motors tho... but i am thinking the power advantage of the r1 and a highly skilled driver would beat the top racers in a trex... power to weight ratio is where its @

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Guys lets not forget one thing. Weller is pioneering a SPEC class. If you want to build a Teryx or Honda Big Red and put a street bike motor in then do it. If enough people do it then there will be another class created or the SR1 class will be modified. Until then you can race in the desert. Afradium has been racing in Baja since last year with an RC51.

Bottom line is you have to start somewhere. You write a spec class rule book so that others follow it and build almost identical machines when it comes to power, weight, and suspension. PERIOD. Look at this as a positive thing and not some limitation. We should be thankfull that they are atleast trying to do something to revive the Yamaha Rhino!!!

junior quisquis

I AM NOT BLUE - YOU LIFT-YOU LOSE! - UTVUndergroun
Guys lets not forget one thing. Weller is pioneering a SPEC class. If you want to build a Teryx or Honda Big Red and put a street bike motor in then do it. If enough people do it then there will be another class created or the SR1 class will be modified. Until then you can race in the desert. Afradium has been racing in Baja since last year with an RC51.

Bottom line is you have to start somewhere. You write a spec class rule book so that others follow it and build almost identical machines when it comes to power, weight, and suspension. PERIOD. Look at this as a positive thing and not some limitation. We should be thankfull that they are atleast trying to do something to revive the Yamaha Rhino!!!
I believe in magic, ha ha lol Just had to start off like that. I know people are going to be upset that there rzr,Trx, or other will not fit in this class. I know later that a full r1 class will open up and everybody will jump on board.
I was one of the guys crying about my single cylinder not keeping up with the bigger motors, I didn't hear any body say well lets allow the rhinos to throw in a trx or rzr or what ever kinda of motor swap to keep up. Not to start a fight but I like the fact that Corry is having a class that is only allowing rhinos, Sorry guys your time will come when your time comes, but for right now power to the rhinos. And remember like Joey made a point saying,
SPEC,SPEC,SPEC,SPEC

facteryfmf

Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
They just needs to change Dans class to allow any 1000cc motor, since Dan is the only person in that class and then have the R1 class.

07fj

Rainman - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 19, 2009
Tonopah, Az

2005 Yzf R1 Dyno Chart Copy Photo

Great post and backs up what I was saying about power plants and choices.

X2!

true, on the tight tracks, the fast Teryxs and Rzrs will be hard to beat, But they also have alot more that $1000 in their motors. This class is designed for all those old race rhinos sitting in garages that arent going to keep pumping money into single cyl motors, just to be mid pack at best. A class for people that want drivers skill to make more of a difference than money, have a blast for the least amount possible.

And I bet the R1 will kill all "rhinos" on any track, and will put down faster lap times than the 800cc pros on the big tracks like in the Lucas Oil Series. After watching them at firebird, go watch them at the Speedworld open practice, and see what they do there!

There are alot of people who have spent 30, 40, 50k on a race rhino and arent racing it because the motor options. This gives them another option, to dust off the old stuff and go run it.

The reasoning behing only 1 motor, is that they can require their engine mounts, and that keeps anyone from moving the motor forward to get better weight distribution, and I doubt they have the money and time to engineer and build 4 or 5 different motor combo mounts for a new class. You dont want to try too much at once, or it WILL fail. Make it as cheap and simple as possible, and it CAN work.

All my 2 cents of course.

that is the part I disagree with. what says this placement is optimum, it may be the Corry's Chassis but maybe not for someone elses car. IF you look formt he beginning, why have people started moving weight around in their car like HRT has had done since its first inception and still never been changed??????? there is a reason for this, balance and handling.

The point keeps being brought up about a "Drivers class" it ain't gonna happen unless the whole complete Chassis and motor package is identicle period. spec short course trucks are just that, complete package spec trucks. like Corry has raced in AZ and is going to do again. Some really understand and some will never get it.

you all talk about being happy a rhino can run again and be competitive, I agree, however, there are many more SxS than a rhino, and could have a chance to be in a big class, not just three or four SxS

and when peeps say you have to start somewhere is correct, so set the stage now for any Liter bike motor in a RZR, RHino, Teryx. and the numbers of racing entries will be better from the start.

again I bring up, the motor plate. what is to say that it makes the engine/sprocket line up with all the diff rear ends available????? hmmmm

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000