Suggestion

Jackalope

Oct 13, 2011
I just joined this forum at the recommendation of UTV Magazine. But I don't know if it will be that much of a resource for me.

It seems that it's very geared to the recreational/racing type rider. But you know, there are a large number of us who buy UTV's for other purposes, hunting and working. I'd like to see a forum and some resources for people who use a UTV to haul equipment and construction material, who simply have to get into very difficult areas or who deal with inclimate weather. I'd like more information on how to beef up the size and capacity of a working UTV, rather than information on how to make it go faster. I realize that racing is a big part of the UTV world and certainly the most popular, but can't there be a place for those of us who need a workhorse instead of a race horse? Thanks!

Reactions: 1 person

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Welcome to the site Jack! We welcome you with open arms and we welcome all members who use their UTV's not just for race or play but for work. I happen to be using a John Deere Gator 825i around my property right now. As a matter of fact it is in use as we speak hauling out some MASSIVE oak logs from a tree we just cut down.

While our site may have the appearance of being a big racer site, and in comparison to every other site out there in regards to UTV racing we are the biggest, but like Pap Bear suggested it is the minority in terms of membership. We have 4300 members now but over 50,000 people reading our site. It may take a few guys like you who use your UTV's strictly as work horses to post up and get more discussion going.

Don't let the news page articles fool you. We like to keep our home page fresh with new and exciting content from around the world of UTV, and racing is a big part of that. People like to know they can come to UTVUnderground.com and learn about all the latest events, races, and newest products. This is why we are the #1 all inclusive UTV site on the web.

So lets start off with, What kind of UTV do you use and what are you wanting to know? A lot of our members are just like me. We have UTV's to play with and UTV's to work with!!

JimandMelissa

UTVUndeground La Familia
Oct 4, 2010
I can vouch for the new RZR4 being a true work horse. Many trips last week to the Tecate store with no less than 5 36 packs and 5 bags of ice each trip.

No suspension mods were necessary.....:cool:

OFFROADSWAPMEET

Aug 5, 2009
TEMECULA
Welcome to the underground!
There is tons of trouble shooting info on this site let alone people that deal with parts a farmer has never taken apart.I still ask questions.
I have pulled trees out of the ground with my yamaha rhino and have had tons of family fun in the desert. Slow and steady finishes the race. Stick around for all the new info and after market products for UTV's here on the Underground.

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
My kid used my rzr4 for pulling a stump,.......so this makes my UTV pretty universal!! Welcome to the site!!:)

dkiewicz

Space Cadet - UTVUnderground's La Familia
Nov 28, 2009
Hesperia Ca
My kid used my rzr4 for pulling a stump,.......so this makes my UTV pretty universal!! Welcome to the site!!:)
Dave, I don't think there was any pullin' to it. I think he just ran it over.... Well, almost.... :eek:

Oh yeah, and welcome Jack. You'll definitely get loads of stuff from the good folks here and just maybe give one of our family fabricators an idea or two to also start building trinkets for the workhorses. Offer up your suggestions and questions 'cause that is sure to be a fresh market for folks to explore!

DUNE DUMMY 29

OG Sticker Man - UTVUnderground La Familia
Feb 28, 2009
EL CENTRO
www.planetsidexside.com
WELCOME TO THE SITE. IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS JUST ASK. I KNOW YOU CAN USE SOME OF THE APPLICATIONS WE USE FOR OFFROADING FOR WORK OR HUNTING. I KNOW THERE ARE SOME HUNTERS ON HERE. THE AFTER MARKET COMPANIES MAKE GUN RACKS & STORAGE RACKS FOR SIDEXSIDES AS WELL AS PLOWS. WORKHORSES ARE DEFINITLY WELCOME HERE.

07fj

Rainman - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 19, 2009
Tonopah, Az
Welcome and whacha got?, we can help. many of us have backgrounds in more than UTVs to help with most any task.

If for some reason we do not know an answer we proabably can steer you to one.

Rog

JimandMelissa

UTVUndeground La Familia
Oct 4, 2010
Welcome and whacha got?, we can help. many of us have backgrounds in more than UTVs to help with most any task.

If for some reason we do not know an answer we proabably can steer you to one.

Rog
Or we'll just make something up that sounds good :cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000