Yamaha sully427 engine build

sully427

Red Rider - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 23, 2009
Well got most of the parts to put this thing back together. Earlier this year i cracked my cases out at the dunes. I called Jason at Weller and started a parts list, Jason supplied me with a set of used cases that he gusseted just like his race motors and also did the oil mod as well.
other parts from Weller
cam pins
stage II cam
head studs
diff plate
kibble springs with ty retainers
and necessary gaskets
I'm installing a hot rods heavy duty crank and rod setup (stock stroke) it was already a 686 but I'm replacing the piston because of wrist pin gulling and excessive skirt wear it was a wiesco 11:1 but I've heard people really like cp any suggestions on brands are welcome. also was wondering about nic coating the cylinder
major thanks to Jason at Weller I've called him about 12 times just to pick his brain and he is always nice as can be and always helpfully.

BOBONTHIS

#64 PRO UTVUNDERGROUND RACER - UTVUnderground Appr
Jan 27, 2009
Mesa, AZ
Good luck with the motor. Sound's like its going to lay down the power. ;)

sully427

Jan 23, 2009
yeah should work alright going to try the lectron carb my buddy has a used one laying around. my idea is to get it as reliable as possible.
just want to get back to this.

Attachments

pronstar

President, LBC Chapter - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 28, 2009
The LBC
other parts from Weller
cam pins
stage II cam
head studs
diff plate
kibble springs with ty retainers
and necessary gaskets
I'm installing a hot rods heavy duty crank and rod setup (stock stroke) it was already a 686 but I'm replacing the piston because of wrist pin gulling and excessive skirt wear it was a wiesco 11:1 but I've heard people really like cp any suggestions on brands are welcome. also was wondering about nic coating the cylinder
major thanks to Jason at Weller I've called him about 12 times just to pick his brain and he is always nice as can be and always helpfully.
Wow, sounds awesome.
I've read (and heard one report firsthand) of mixed results with Kibblewhite springs in ATVs...but if Weller recommends them then I wouldn't worry about it.

Coating the cylinder is one of those things that not a lot of people think about, but is good to do from a friction reduction/longevitiy standpoint. I'd do it if I was building my motor up and had the coin to do it.

CP pistons seem to be the top recommended piston on the forums...IMHO learn from other people's mistakes and successes and get one.

sully427

Jan 23, 2009
I thinking thats what way I'm going (cp) thanks for reading and the advice.

s2k1

Feb 27, 2009
Ramona, CA
www.benchmarkperformance.us
Yes, definitely use the CP Piston. And since you have already experienced pin galling, get the DLC pin upgrade for the CP Piston. You'll never have a galling problem again.

On another note, I have installed countless Kibblewhite spring kits and valves and they have been bullet proof.

sully427

Jan 23, 2009
awsome thanks for the info do you sell the cp with upgraded wrist pin, if so how much ?
thanks clint

sully427

Jan 23, 2009
right on I just got the diff plate assembled and the bearings pulled out of the old cases hopefully get some more done soon. need a price on that cp
thanks

spody3

Wine Spody Odey - UTVUnderground Approved
Feb 3, 2009
Washington
are you jumping that thing. because if so that is why it cracked the cases. what a homo. well good luck. i will head over your way and drink beer and watch you work on it. get good at it because i have a motor that has a LITTLE knock....
SPODY OUT!!!!

sully427

Jan 23, 2009
beer is good
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awzyLJFh1lQ]YouTube - Psychostick - "BEER!!!"[/ame]

sully427

Jan 23, 2009
got the cp piston the other day shes, comin together how do you guys feel about the lectron carb 48mm? I think I will be giving that a try its gotta be better than stock

sully427

Jan 23, 2009
yeah helps with the install. frozen bearing and heated cases goes together easier. my girl is wondering wtf too.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000