Yamaha Sv1000 build

Mfdoffroad

Jan 4, 2010
As far as cost goes.... This is by far the most bang for the buck. I was going to do a 693 but I am actually spending lass by doing this because I was able to offset the cost by sellin all my stock parts. 8000ish from weller is a smoking deal for those who just want to drop it off and pick it up complete. But I opted to do it all myself because fab is nothing new to me as it's my daily job. I am not worried about losing 4 wheel drive though as I am getting ready to start another build also.....rotax in another one. So if I need 4 wheel drive I'll take that one as the sv1 will be great for the desert an the dunes. Rotax for the cabin. I'll make a build thread for that one also. I already have the motor just going to wait a couple weeks until I have this one pretty much wrapped up. Dollar for dollar though this sv1 is going to be cheaper than the rotax one even though I'm building all my own motor mounts for that one

Mfdoffroad

Jan 4, 2010
so the rhino is just about finished. front bumper is at powder coat and the center console needs to be finished putting together. gps and cluster are flush mounted in it and it goes all the way to the floor and back to the motor. need to weld on the rear reservoir mounts, put the shift knob on, and put on a filter for the rollover vent. after that its pretty much completely done besides a roof rack light bar possibly. this has been a big project and its nice to get it done, ran into some problems with getting the motor installed but its all good to go now everything that wont be used has been removed or cut off the frame. this thing hauls A$$. taking it to the dunes in a week to see how it will do out there.

Mfdoffroad

Jan 4, 2010
arms are +6.5 with 1" forward and 2 1/2 back. 15.5in travel. all chromoly tig welded. Handled great so far just with the little screwing around that ive done with it around the desert by my house but the dunes will tell for sure

Mfdoffroad

Jan 4, 2010
well we just got back from the dunes and all i can say is that the rhino is freaking nuts. Most insane utv ever. No issue hanging with any riders while duning and our group doesn't ride slow by any means (big long travel v8 cars and a couple dirt bikes). I couldn't find any hill that was even a struggle. That things hauls up any hill you put in front of it. Completely dune worthy ride also, Its just as fun as driving some of the most high dollar sand cars out there. This thing has so much torque it pulls out of corners like crazy. Totally forgot to pull out the video camera...sorry everyone. hit 70mph as soon as i grabbed 4th gear. never really put it on a straight line top speed run to see what it would do but with more gears still there and almost all of 4th left there is plenty more still to go. I felt like i was a school bus driver...haha i had to take everyone for a drive in it cuz they couldn't believe how fast a rhino really could be. Never had one issue with this brand new car, everything worked like a dream and i didn't drive just up and down the hill like some people do, but we were duning constantly. No issues with it over heating, not having enough power, getting stuck....NOTHING. Perfect dune vehicle, if i could only get out there as much as i would like to then it would be even better.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000