T day Glamis ?

warlock

Wanna Go Fast? - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 23, 2009
az
On my way over to Newport this mmorning you should have seen the exodus of trailers heading out to the Sand. It's gonna be a Zoo.

sand shark

Mar 30, 2009
West Hills, CA
Here is a picture from the top of the Ceiling after I climbed it in my XP. It is very steep and very soft sand.

Here is what it looks like from the bottom

Sandman365

Booze Cruzin'
May 24, 2013
Escondido
Nice pics. I haven't been to Ceiling Hill in ages. Did make it to the Wall since it's been reopened, which I hadn't been to in 15 years. How long of a ride was it to get down there? I'm sure there was plenty super soft virgin dunes to be had.

Ali Baba

Sep 13, 2010
Here is a picture from the top of the Ceiling after I climbed it in my XP. It is very steep and very soft sand.

Here is what it looks like from the bottom

That hill looks like a belt breaker. I don't believe I've ever been there...

sand shark

Mar 30, 2009
West Hills, CA
We were camped in Wash 15 and it took us a few hours. We had no clue where we were going because my GPS sucks b---s. We were trying to get to the Wall and ended up at the Ceiling. LOL!

Turns out we were one valley away from the Wall. We found the Wall on the way back as my friends Commander decided it did not like the belt anymore and exploded it. Walked up the dune and on the other side was the Wall. It is steep, soft and does not have a good transition to maintain any speed to climb. 450 quads were struggling to make it up.

With proper GPS it would probably take an hour or maybe a little less, depending on pace. It is a few miles past China Wall. There are some really nice section of dunes that flow after you get past China Wall and you can pick up the pace. Other sections were super soft and there were lots of drop offs you had to watch for. If you ride the ridges it is not bad.

It was some really nice riding. We may attempt to ride the dunes all the way to Gordon Wells. There are very few people out there riding so it make it nice not worrying about some nut ball flying over the top of a dune as you are making the transition.

Well worth taking a ride out that way.

sand shark

Mar 30, 2009
West Hills, CA
That hill looks like a belt breaker. I don't believe I've ever been there...
It is in the newly open section past China Wall.

Your ride would not be happy trying to climb it. It took me 3 attempts to make it up. I had to get a good run at it. First attempt I started off slow and made it little more than half way. Second attempt I hit it a little faster and make it 3/4. 3rd attempt I just hammered the throttle an made it.

The shorter side I made it up no problem on the first attempt.

I could not give up as I had several people watching.

I thought for sure my belt was going to explode, but my stock belt is still going.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000