TAX Avoidance? TAX Evasion? Shipping prices?

Ripper

4 x IED survivor
Sep 19, 2013
CO, AZ
Then there's the rest of us that don't take advantage of the system and pay our fair share of taxes to make up for the f'ing thieves that don't.

You definitely have a future in law enforcement. They too have this feeling of entitlement chip on their shoulder, you'll fit right in.
Poor baby :rolleyes:

You remind me of my sister. When I came home from Iraq the 2nd time, she says "Must be nice having free insurance paid by the tax payers". Nice words for someone who also pays those taxes. And my insurance sure as heck isn't free. I told her to do a tour oversees and see if she still thinks that way after the 1st 24 hrs. out in the stink. Everyone has an a$$hole, some just choose to $hit out of their mouths.

This is fact for sure. I bought a boat on-line from an outfit in Ca. because they had good prices. When I went to register it in AZ I had to pay sales tax. Took me half a day of running around to get it all taken care of.
Looks to me like you are borrowing trouble. Almost all the riding in AZ will involve starting or finishing on a public road. Any forest service road in the state is considered public. Sounds like you are wanting to do a bunch of mods as well so I would guess a dune trip would be included in your list of wanted activities? Without a registration you will get a ticket for sure. Possible impounding your ride. I also don't think that the friend of a friend saying you won't get a ticket because you served will help much with the LEO who's heard excuses all day. I'm all for saving money but I think you might end up with years of frustrating encounters from trying to beat the system.
I hear you. My intentions are not to beat the system, but to learn them rather than suffer any unnecessary outcomes. You had to pay the tax on your boat upon registration because you reside in AZ and resided in AZ when you purchased the vehicle.

A good friend of mine that works in the JAG department schooled me up with all the legalities pertaining to my situation.

It's much easier than I thought and it's 100% legal.

IN SHORT:

- Have vehicle shipped straight to military residency
- Change home of record to AK / register and license ROV in AK
- PCS from CO
- Ride tax free

Read on if you wish ;)

Are there any OHV Decal exceptions?

A person may operate an all-terrain vehicle or an off-highway vehicle in Arizona without an off-highway vehicle user indicia (OHV Decal) if any of the following applies:

The person is participating in an off-highway special event.
The person is operating an all-terrain vehicle or off-highway vehicle on private land.
The person is loading or unloading an all-terrain vehicle or off-highway vehicle from a vehicle.
During a period of emergency of if the operation is directed by a peace officer or other public authority.

All of the following apply for non-residents
The person is not a resident of Arizona - and -
The person owns the vehicle - and -
The vehicle diplays a current off-highway vehicle user indicia (sticker/decal) or registration (license plate) from the person's state of residency - and -
The vehicle is not in Arizona for more than 30 consecutive days.

--------------------------------------------------

Registration Renewal - Military Stationed Outside Alaska
The following information applies to vehicles registered in your name in Alaska. If you have purchased a vehicle and need to transfer the title to your name, or register in Alaska for the first time, please click here.
As long as you are active duty military stationed outside of Alaska on military orders, you are welcome to renew your vehicle registration in Alaska. (Your LES must show ALASKA as your home of record. Use your mailing and residence address where you are stationed.) If you change your home of record, please register your vehicle in the state you are a resident of.

http://doa.alaska.gov/dmv/reg/milak.htm

http://www.azgfd.gov/outdoor_recreation/ohvFAQ.shtml#Are

Colorado cannot come back on me for taxes do since the "ROV he called it" was purchased from out of state and I reside on a federal institution.

When theirs a way to improvise and overcome legally of course I sure as hell will take full advantage of saving any money I can.

Benefits of being in the military ;)

Just like good'ole Paul Harvey and Paul Harvey Jr. would say: Good day!

Thanks to those who replied with positive input!
Much respect,
RiP

Oc1

Apr 21, 2011
Thanks for the run down. I understand the difference in our situations. My main point wasn't the legality but the hassle factor. Sucks but the reality is some cop wants to hassle you because he has seen you several times with AK registration. You might have to go see a judge to straighten it out. It seems every year I see more and more Law enforcement out were you wouldn't really think you would see them. Hopefully it works out for you and you get to recreate without being bothered!

Ripper

4 x IED survivor
Sep 19, 2013
CO, AZ
Thanks for the run down. I understand the difference in our situations. My main point wasn't the legality but the hassle factor. Sucks but the reality is some cop wants to hassle you because he has seen you several times with AK registration. You might have to go see a judge to straighten it out. It seems every year I see more and more Law enforcement out were you wouldn't really think you would see them. Hopefully it works out for you and you get to recreate without being bothered!
Get to know them law dogs there better. Places I ride you will rarely see any law enforcement. As a matter of fact, I've never seen any that I can remember lol. The ones that are here are really cool. They are more concerned with seeking out illegals and beating the fire department to Dunk'n Donuts lol. So I'm not worried about that at all.

My only concern "was" paying a tax on a $25,000+ vehicle. But I have that all figured out now.

I can't wait to be the proud owner of a Badazz 2014 RZR XP1K4!

I'd like to rebel once and ride in some of those huge dried out canals down in the valley.

Don't tell the arm chair commander Bagman that! He'll drill me about paying a canal usage tax!

Cheers,
RiP

Bagman

Jan 4, 2011
Norco, CA
Get to know them law dogs there better. Places I ride you will rarely see any law enforcement. As a matter of fact, I've never seen any that I can remember lol. The ones that are here are really cool. They are more concerned with seeking out illegals and beating the fire department to Dunk'n Donuts lol. So I'm not worried about that at all.

My only concern "was" paying a tax on a $25,000+ vehicle. But I have that all figured out now.

I can't wait to be the proud owner of a Badazz 2014 RZR XP1K4!

I'd like to rebel once and ride in some of those huge dried out canals down in the valley.

Don't tell the arm chair commander Bagman that! He'll drill me about paying a canal usage tax!

Cheers,
RiP
I just wish EVERYONE stopped paying taxes then you wouldn't get paid azzhat!!!

Bajaxp

SXS Racer Extraordinaire - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 21, 2010
OC
-Most OEM dealer agreements prohibit 'mail ordering' vehicles. Eg...you must commense the transaction (payment and delivery) at the physical dealership location. There are exceptions to this particularly on the delivery side, but in most cases you are asking a dealer to potentially risk their OEM franchise at worse, or at best their relationship with their manufacturer if they were to 'mail order' a vehicle.
-Supporting your local dealer is good business. Good service, good parts, and if you are a racer maybe even a sponsorship.
-Isn't the military paid with 'taxes?' So...why would you want to avoid paying for the medium that was your paycheck? I TOTALLY support our military, but there are the '1 percenters' that hide behind their service to cover up mis-doings, just like '1 percenter' bible beaters hiding behind their religion to cover up their having relations with a farm animal or worse.

My recomenndation: go to a few of your local dealers and 'make a deal' in person. Post up pictures of your new ride and ask advice on what things you should do to it. Most of the people on UTV Underground would love to help! :)

dezerteryx

Jun 13, 2010
san marcos
I register all my ohv stuff in az. Mostly because they are street legal there. But you still have to purchase a ohv permitt no matter what you ride from any state. If you bring it az or ca it will have to be registered excuses will work. Ive gotten the ticket to prove it. I paid less than 100 a year to have it reg. Street legal. Nothing like being able to drive out my garage in havasu straight to the trails.

Ripper

4 x IED survivor
Sep 19, 2013
CO, AZ
I just wish EVERYONE stopped paying taxes then you wouldn't get paid azzhat!!!
Do as you wish. Federal taxes are voluntary. There no NO law that requires you to pay federal taxes. I have plenty other means of money other than this horrible government paycheck.

-Most OEM dealer agreements prohibit 'mail ordering' vehicles. Eg...you must commense the transaction (payment and delivery) at the physical dealership location. There are exceptions to this particularly on the delivery side, but in most cases you are asking a dealer to potentially risk their OEM franchise at worse, or at best their relationship with their manufacturer if they were to 'mail order' a vehicle.
-Supporting your local dealer is good business. Good service, good parts, and if you are a racer maybe even a sponsorship.
-Isn't the military paid with 'taxes?' So...why would you want to avoid paying for the medium that was your paycheck? I TOTALLY support our military, but there are the '1 percenters' that hide behind their service to cover up mis-doings, just like '1 percenter' bible beaters hiding behind their religion to cover up their having relations with a farm animal or worse.

My recomenndation: go to a few of your local dealers and 'make a deal' in person. Post up pictures of your new ride and ask advice on what things you should do to it. Most of the people on UTV Underground would love to help! :)
I don't have relationships with farm animals :D
However, why pay for something I do not have to, so long as it is done so legally? You say ' misdoings'. What misdoings are being carried out? It's either legal or illegal. It's very cut and dry. My heading states "Tax avoidance / Tax evasion etc". This a good example of "tax avoidance" which is completely legal as much as the IRS hates it.

The dealership is at NO risk selling a vehicle out of state. Some states don't even have a sales tax purchasing such. Alaska, a state I have property in so happens to not have this tax. So let's say I purchased a vehicle for Bert's in CA and had it sent to AK. I wouldn't have to pay a that tax anyways. I'm simply buying the vehicle here and registering in AK so I can save some $. Nothing wrong with that in my mind.

I register all my ohv stuff in az. Mostly because they are street legal there. But you still have to purchase a ohv permitt no matter what you ride from any state. If you bring it az or ca it will have to be registered excuses will work. Ive gotten the ticket to prove it. I paid less than 100 a year to have it reg. Street legal. Nothing like being able to drive out my garage in havasu straight to the trails.
Jesus... I did not win a medal in deciphering "No poon intended WADR"... What in zeus's a$$ are you trying to say here?

You need to read the AZ laws pertaining to this. I just posted the latest and greatest from AZ states new 2013 laws above here in red lettering. An out of state OHV is good for 30 days. You do not have to have an AZ OHV. If you got a ticket, you did something wrong.

The bottom line is this...Aside from everyone's personal feelings... Give me one good reason why I should pay these taxes that I do not legally have to...

I explained the legal loophole just fine "So I thought" in red print sent from a friend of mine in the LEGAL / JAG OFFICE.

Thank you gentlemen,
RiP

Bajaxp

Jan 21, 2010
OC
Do as you wish. Federal taxes are voluntary. There no NO law that requires you to pay federal taxes. I have plenty other means of money other than this horrible government paycheck.

I don't have relationships with farm animals :D
However, why pay for something I do not have to, so long as it is done so legally? You say ' misdoings'. What misdoings are being carried out? It's either legal or illegal. It's very cut and dry. My heading states "Tax avoidance / Tax evasion etc". This a good example of "tax avoidance" which is completely legal as much as the IRS hates it.

The dealership is at NO risk selling a vehicle out of state. Some states don't even have a sales tax purchasing such. Alaska, a state I have property in so happens to not have this tax. So let's say I purchased a vehicle for Bert's in CA and had it sent to AK. I wouldn't have to pay a that tax anyways. I'm simply buying the vehicle here and registering in AK so I can save some $. Nothing wrong with that in my mind.

Jesus... I did not win a medal in deciphering "No poon intended WADR"... What in zeus's a$$ are you trying to say here?

You need to read the AZ laws pertaining to this. I just posted the latest and greatest from AZ states new 2013 laws above here in red lettering. An out of state OHV is good for 30 days. You do not have to have an AZ OHV. If you got a ticket, you did something wrong.

The bottom line is this...Aside from everyone's personal feelings... Give me one good reason why I should pay these taxes that I do not legally have to...

I explained the legal loophole just fine "So I thought" in red print sent from a friend of mine in the LEGAL / JAG OFFICE.

Thank you gentlemen,
RiP
You mis-read what I said... I said it would put the dealer in risk of losing their dealership with the OEM. This is not a state or federal tax thing, it is a contractual agreement between the OEM and the dealership. To put this in simple terms, if you bought a RZR in So Cal over the telephone with your Am Ex card, having never stepped foot in the dealership and had the dealer ship the unit to Colorado or where ever, it violates the agreement that the dealer has to sign to be a dealer. And yes dealerships have been cancelled for 'maill ordering' units within the US and overseas.

But having said that if you were to go into a So Cal dealership physically, buy your RZR and load it onto your trailer and drive it back to another state you have done nothing wrong. If it is a state that doesn't require you to register your RZR (like Arizona used to be in the past but not any more) or if you were a farmer and were going to use your UTV on your own land then you would be good to go. But if you were in a state that required registration to run on public land, then you would have to pay sales tax.

Now you can start a new thread and ask even more questions about the UTV that you don't have.

Ripper

4 x IED survivor
Sep 19, 2013
CO, AZ
You mis-read what I said... I said it would put the dealer in risk of losing their dealership with the OEM. This is not a state or federal tax thing, it is a contractual agreement between the OEM and the dealership. To put this in simple terms, if you bought a RZR in So Cal over the telephone with your Am Ex card, having never stepped foot in the dealership and had the dealer ship the unit to Colorado or where ever, it violates the agreement that the dealer has to sign to be a dealer. And yes dealerships have been cancelled for 'maill ordering' units within the US and overseas.

But having said that if you were to go into a So Cal dealership physically, buy your RZR and load it onto your trailer and drive it back to another state you have done nothing wrong. If it is a state that doesn't require you to register your RZR (like Arizona used to be in the past but not any more) or if you were a farmer and were going to use your UTV on your own land then you would be good to go. But if you were in a state that required registration to run on public land, then you would have to pay sales tax.

Now you can start a new thread and ask even more questions about the UTV that you don't have.

Is this a flabbergasted look??? ---> :eek: LOL

For... the... love... of... God... Read... I've had Soldiers who speak very little English (conus & oconus) track better than you do...

I'm not trying to be mean, but how incongruous and erroneous can you be? I didn't misinterpret anything. And I didn't elect to interpret what I wished to.

Also, am I missing something here? What does the dealerships contractual agreement with the OEM have (anything) to do with my purchase? The dealership risking their license under the agreement they have with the OEM is 100% irrelevant pert. to anything that I inquired about here-in. So what we're your intentions on bringing that up in the first place?

I will post this YET AGAIN since you utterly failed to either read, or, read and comprehend what I posted prior to your response. Are you skim reading? Did you know that if you do that, you can miss a lot of the small details that add up to the most important part of a subject?

As a non-resident you are not required to transfer your title and/or registration to Alaska. You may retain the registration in the state you are a resident of.
If you choose to obtain registration in Alaska, you may submit a completed military affidavit with your request for Alaska registration and would not be required to pay motor vehicle registration tax on your vehicle(s). A separate affidavit is required for each vehicle.
As long as you are active duty military stationed in Alaska on military orders and you remain a resident of another state, you must submit one of the following with your registration renewal notice in order to be exempt from the tax:
Current (within 90 days) LES showing your home of record as a state other than Alaska

Military Affidavit

I will break it down Barney / Sesame Street style for you. You are wrong. I can register the vehicle in Alaska, and I WILL NOT HAVE TO pay taxes on $hit.

Also, in response to your last sentence. Keep your juvenile unscrupulous immaturities to yourself. Did you not ask Q's before you purchased something? Were you not at least to some small degree, a little meticulous when you went to purchase your UTV. I'll admit, I'm rather JV and ignorant in regards to the UTV world. But I suppose I should just be asking you these questions. You remind me of the $hit hou$e computer commando that knows EVERYTHING.

AFTER ALL THAT I HAVE POSTED, DO YOU STILL THINK THAT I HAVE TO PAY A STATE TAX UPON REGISTERING MY FUTURE UTV IN ALASKA??? This is a YES or NO question. If you answer is (NO) than you are correct and I have hope for you...

Good day sir,
RiP

Bajaxp

Jan 21, 2010
OC
Bwaaaaaahahaha....
You sir, are a an idiot! Your posts makes no sense.
I think I speak for virtually everyone, 'stop posting your drivel' on UTVUG. Actually I think you would get much better answers to your questions on 'RZR Forums.'
I'm out...the end!

Reactions: 1 person

Ripper

4 x IED survivor
Sep 19, 2013
CO, AZ
I should of mentioned I paid CASH in full for my Maverick from Bert's with NO TAX.
I am trying to elaborate here in the most straightforward way possible. Yet some choose to complicate things more than they should be. Some sure are proud of paying those taxes! If people knew where most of their taxes were actually going... ...We'll, that's one of the reasons nobody has receipt ;)

Some are just oblivious to the subject at hand.

The masses are so gullible that when they hear the word "Terrorist" and they hear it so much, that they actually blame middle eastern people for 911 attacks lmao.

What in the hell does that have to do with this? Simple. People believe what they hear w/ or w/o any credibility. Tell someone something 1000x and they will start to believe it. The media is the perfect storm for this to cloud the mind, blanket your eyes and deafen the ears. Taxes... Taxes are law... Taxes are law... Taxes...

Little be known, by our law of the land, written in the Declaration Of Independence, "Written by the people that left a corrupt banking lead and controlled Europe, known as our forefathers", federal tax is actually against the law. If banking institutions had it their way, why those 'valueless' papers some deem as 'priceless' would be shredded and burnt in hell.

Thomas Jefferson actually did shoot Rodney Cox for treasonous acts against our country. I wonder what he would do to some if he were alive today? I doubt there would be enough body bags at the nations Capitol to make him happy... Hell, people like Hillary and Nancy would have a brank slapped on their faces and forced onto a hulk ship to burn at the stake while floating at sea, if they were not feed to sharks a limb at a time. OBL... I could only imagine... Death would probably be to good... Corrupt bankers... Probably a dungeon of 10,000 tortures.

In closing, I am deeply frustrated and easily agitated, hearing people feeling obligated to pay taxes; preaching how un-American it is not paying f....'n taxes. I resent the word entirely when it pertains to a federal tax let alone state taxes. Now I do agree every state SHOULD have a tax. But a federal tax... Ummm, no...

Sorry if I offended anyone in any form or degree. Now go pay your taxes before the IRS sends a bunch of black suburban stock your house with their thugs in black.

God please help US.
Much respect,
RiP

XPirate

Sep 9, 2011
Bakertucky
Bwaaaaaahahaha....
You sir, are a an idiot! Your posts makes no sense.
I think I speak for virtually everyone, 'stop posting your drivel' on UTVUG. Actually I think you would get much better answers to your questions on 'RZR Forums.'
I'm out...the end!
^^^^^^ You nailed it on the head there!!!!!!! We've all heard of an OXYMORON...... "Military Intelligence" OP is just another bump on the log.... I appreciate all that our military service members do for us, I respect those that have fought in wars and those that were never deployed..... I especially hold a higher appreciation for those that don't brag about what they have done or survived....They handle their shit like proper adults and come back to the civilian world without holding it over our heads like they deserve better treatment than the rest of us...... I'm all for paying cash to avoid some taxes here and there, but then again I was knocked for 30% last year because I'm "overpaid" The fact that you mentioned you are an "overpaid" government employee makes me want to rush out and pay more :rolleyes:..... People like you are why our country is sinking fast....pretty soon more people collect from the "system" than pay into it... Maybe I should put that in bold RED letters, apparently that makes it easier for you to comprehend :eek:

Ripper

4 x IED survivor
Sep 19, 2013
CO, AZ
^^^^^^ You nailed it on the head there!!!!!!! We've all heard of an OXYMORON...... "Military Intelligence" OP is just another bump on the log.... I appreciate all that our military service members do for us, I respect those that have fought in wars and those that were never deployed..... I especially hold a higher appreciation for those that don't brag about what they have done or survived....They handle their shit like proper adults and come back to the civilian world without holding it over our heads like they deserve better treatment than the rest of us...... I'm all for paying cash to avoid some taxes here and there, but then again I was knocked for 30% last year because I'm "overpaid" The fact that you mentioned you are an "overpaid" government employee makes me want to rush out and pay more :rolleyes:..... People like you are why our country is sinking fast....pretty soon more people collect from the "system" than pay into it... Maybe I should put that in bold RED letters, apparently that makes it easier for you to comprehend :eek:
I wonder how many Garrett's live in Bakersfield, CA that are missing a white tailgate w/ a DOB July 18... You really should refrain from $hitting from your mouth mister. To many wackos on the net now days. Hate to hear about some old wore out man who just paid to get surgery done on his eyes end up as someone's beat down toy or worse. At your age you should know better. Take your medication Garrett. You are way to "Excited!!!!!!"...

You sir are not to wise... Just say'n...

Respectfully
RiP

nottoli

Apr 24, 2013
Joey,

We would appreciate if you would please remove/delete this thread from the forum pages as it has moved well beyond the boundaries of what should/is acceptable.

David,

It is well know in most circles and communities that Uniformed Service Personnel always strive to achieve the designation of "Quiet Professional". Regardless of branch of service be it Marine, Soldier, Airmen or Sailor those who achieve this refrain from political-speak excrement, self-serving reminders of service to those who have not and the ongoing beratement of the government and laws that govern the land they defend.
While I welcome all to the forum your thread title, subsequent content, intolerance and last posting inference I find to be inconsistent with what I believe your post leadership would expect from one of their own.....

Moderator....for the sake of all involved and in an effort to give the forum a clean slate please delete this thread

steino411

American Pride
Jan 3, 2011
San Diego
Joey,

We would appreciate if you would please remove/delete this thread from the forum pages as it has moved well beyond the boundaries of what should/is acceptable.

David,

It is well know in most circles and communities that Uniformed Service Personnel always strive to achieve the designation of "Quiet Professional". Regardless of branch of service be it Marine, Soldier, Airmen or Sailor those who achieve this refrain from political-speak excrement, self-serving reminders of service to those who have not and the ongoing beratement of the government and laws that govern the land they defend.
While I welcome all to the forum your thread title, subsequent content, intolerance and last posting inference I find to be inconsistent with what I believe your post leadership would expect from one of their own.....

Moderator....for the sake of all involved and in an effort to give the forum a clean slate please delete this thread
From another Vet, that is said perfectly!

nottoli

Apr 24, 2013
Does merit a full delete...note follow up post.........there should be a zero tolerance policy for this type of stuff.....

Reactions: 1 person

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000