Team Truck

JFK Rhino Team

Apr 3, 2011
as I live in a country where the highest "mountain" (rather say hill lol) is about 695m (less than half a mile) we need to drive quite far to find some real terrain where we can play or compete

over here trucks are quit cheap and there is a good regulation for RV's (Recreational registered trucks do not have to apply the same regulations as Commercial Trucks, long story..)

After using a trailer for a couple of years , I bought this truck for the team, we adjusted some things and made it a comfortable stay for the team and crew

Specs :
Renault Midliner 1981
11 meters
9.5tons
equipped kitchen
dining space
5 sleeping bunks
shower
hot water and heating
400liter freshwatertank
Airco
6500watt generator
garage for the rhino

ramps to drive up the lift

NorCalRider

Jan 15, 2011
Northern California
Thats a nice setup. A good friend of mine just made an expidition Unimog and its an amazing setup. Wish we had trucks like that available overhere. I can think of quite a few ideas to make a cool weekend warrior vehicle. How much does a used one go for?

JFK Rhino Team

Apr 3, 2011
Thats a nice setup. A good friend of mine just made an expidition Unimog and its an amazing setup. Wish we had trucks like that available overhere. I can think of quite a few ideas to make a cool weekend warrior vehicle. How much does a used one go for?
If I would sell mine, I'd ask 12k to get at least 10..

Unimogs cost a fortune over here, even the old ones, most old ones run gasoline and are real gas guzzlers, the recent ones, '90's and up are real expensive

fuelprices here are rocketing nowadays,

we pay about $2.21 per LITER for Diesel and up to $2.35 per LITER for 95 Unleaded

NorCalRider

Jan 15, 2011
Northern California
They sold Unimogs here in the states for a few years, someone was importing them. His is diesel and I believe he payed close to 100k for it with just the dump bed setup. It was basicly brand new though and I believe had less then 200 miles on it. Then spent a good 80-100k into it to get it expedition ready. Atm he is spending 6 months in the outback in austraila and then is shipping it to Antartica and spending a few months there. I wish I could afford something like it. Deffinately unique. I wonder how hard it would be to import a rig like yours to the US. I always see those types of rigs when I watch WRC on tv and they sure are a neat setup. Our fuel prices are on the rise here but nowhere near yours yet. I think i paid $3.80 per gallon for regular when I filled up today.

HTP

Jul 22, 2009
WOW! That's about $8.5 per Gallon! $4 dollars per gallon seems pretty good compared to $8.5!

NorCalRider

Jan 15, 2011
Northern California
SnapOn truck would be pimp. Can carry the weight and has the lift ramp in back. I keep thinking how cool it would be to import one of these big trucks like OP has. They have them all over the rest of the world. Just not here. I am sure I could find a diesel one for a reasonable price, but getting it made street legal in the US might be difficult. Diesel emissions laws are getting so strict now that I think that would be the biggest issue. Those full blown WRC pit trucks would be perfect to find an old used one like that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000