Yamaha Temp Gauge Wiring HELP?

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
OK so I spent the morning wiring up my new BRP Water Temp Gauge and ran into one hicup.

After wiring the ground and sensor to the actual sending unit I had to wire the Ground, Power, and Lamp wires. It says in the instructions that you can spice the Lamp and Power wire together so thats what I did. Ground went to the ground terminal on the battery and then I put the power/lamp wires to the RED wire on the Ignition. Problem is the lamp and the guage now are on constant without the car or ignition even on. I now assume that the red is power to the ignition so my question is what would be the best wire to go to now on the ignition switvh for my gauge????????

Also, the temp sensor threads into the sending unit, it was really hard to thread in even when I took off the teflon tape. I threaded the sensor in literally as far as I could and it was about 1/8" from the other end of the sending units internal wall opposite of the entry. IS that in far enough?

I went out and ran the car for about 1/2 hour everything from cruising to wide open and never got the car over about 175-180 degrees!! Stock radiator and oil cooler but I am wondering if the sensor isnt going to give me an accurate reading cause it isnt touching the other end of the sending units internal wall.

Thanks for the help guys!

side x side tv

Banned Por Vida
Aug 5, 2009
i believe you have to wire it up to theaccessories like the display so when you turn off your car it turns it off the way you wired it. it has power all the time so it will not turn off. i think 160-180 degrees is normal and the fan should come on at 180.

badinfluencerace

The Future Of SXS Racing is being Built in my Driv
Jan 30, 2009
yuma
mine runs between 175 to 190 but my radiator is down low in the back , yamahas yellow wire is usually key on power i will double chack at work for you tomorrow joey :D

scmo777

Jan 20, 2009
Brawley, CA
Joey i have the same gauges from BRp as you do and I have mine running into my accessories and it works fine, the way you have it it is always going to be hot and will drain the bat. I did keep my light and power separated though.:D a switch would be a good thing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000