Teryx 4.....

66cummins

moab junkie
Dec 4, 2009
**** Our T4 is for sale, if you might be interested shoot me a pm... ****

We picked our 2012 Teryx 4 up from our local Kawasaki Dealer on Friday..... Here is what she looked like bone stock, now the fun begins. :D

STI sent us out some really nice tires and wheels! The HD2 wheels wrapped in 28" Black Diamond tires look awesome on the teryx, I can't wait to get these out next weekend!
STI Black Diamond Tires

After getting the tires and wheels installed I needed to tackle the WARN front bumper and 4K winch. Seeing that the frame appears to be different, I knew it was not going to be a simple day of just bolting stuff together.... :D

Thanks WARN!!!

Had to cut a couple of tabs off to make it work......No big deal. :D

Last edited:

66cummins

moab junkie
Dec 4, 2009
Thanks Guys! Plugging away...... :D

Wiring things up....

All bolted together.....I like the way it all turned out, I had to move things out a little so the hood would open all the way. We will be testing it out this weekend with some wood cutting :D

66cummins

moab junkie
Dec 4, 2009
side shot,

I forgot to grab a picture of where I mounted the controls and the plug for the remote.

That's all for a couple of weeks. Test trip next weekend after class all week. Can't wait! :D

cuflipn

KawiCrawler - UTVUnderground Approved
Feb 16, 2010
St George UT
Dang Santa came early huh :D

Nice work Kyle that bumper came out great!

ROTR this year will be a BLAST!!

Cheers,
Brett

Team Green

Reid Nordin - UTVUnderground Approved
Jun 30, 2009
Riverside, CA
www.WalkerEvansEnt.com
We had one in our group this past weekend and it made me wonder why I was still driving my 2009! That thing eats up technical terrain!

I'm going to try and have one for the Pro Amor ride this weekend!

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
congrats Kyle!! I like that Kawi put some cool doors on this model. Just need to chop the cage and put LT kit on,....and BAM!! Sweet ride!! Maybe you should let me borrow it this weekend.........I'll give it a good break in on the Miller Jeep trail ;)

66cummins

moab junkie
Dec 4, 2009
Thanks everyone, got home late last night from an awesome camp trip. Good food, good friends and some good riding! Friday night was freezing by the time we got unloaded and headed in to the ranch. We left the trucks around 10:30 pm and it was about a 30 minute ride in. Temp was right around 25*.......:D

The Teryx 4 really impressed my wife and me. We used it to pull the small camp trailer that I built with almost all of our gear for 8 people. It performed flawless with the extra weight on the steep climbs and long steep descents into the canyon.

We had to pack in an extra 5 gallons of fuel for the generator, 5 gallons of extra gas for the utv's, my chainsaw and gear. I wish the teryx had a tailgate or a way to dump the bed. All the wood chips and bark are a pain to try and sweep out when cleaning up :p

We are running the Black Diamond tires on our Teryx 4 and we were really impressed with them. We rode a variety of terrain but alot of the roads had some nasty shale that gave the other utv's some problems. With the tires and the torque of the 750cc v-twin we had no issues.

Due to the low temps at night we had to cut some firewood, We saw a low temp of 16* sunday morning....Sooo, we used the WARN 4K to drag some trees up on the road. I didn't get any pics cause I was running the saw while a friend ran the winch for me :D There were three rhinos in the group of utv's so I used them to haul wood back to camp ;) Anyways, enough talk, pics are what I like....lol

The water that ran out and froze from the creek crossings coming in friday night. :eek:

The kids running the launchers.. Good times!

The Teryx 4 has really grown on me, It really shined this weekend on the maiden voyage. It drives awesome and feels really well built, and you can't beat the EPS.

Michelle said the Teryx 4 did awesome coming down the steep grades with the trailer......Can't wait to get her out of the darn thing so I can drive it :D

cuflipn

KawiCrawler - UTVUnderground Approved
Feb 16, 2010
St George UT
Right on guys!!! Looks like a good time (cold but fun :D )

Thanks for posting your trip I'm liking the TeryX 4 more and more :rolleyes:
Oh and good luck getting behind the wheel LOL

Cheers,
Brett

JimandMelissa

UTVUndeground La Familia
Oct 4, 2010
Wow!!!!

Congrats Kyle

Not sure how I missed this thread. Nice looking ride and fun adventure camping.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000