TEXTRON OFF ROAD INTRODUCES 2018 ATV’S AND SIDE-BY-SIDE MODELS

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Rather curious there were none racing.

Was that because Robby and Todd were driving trucks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That and because they don't actually exist in public despite us hearing over and over again they do... I felt like something was really off about this whole Robby Gordon program. My thought was that it was real, it was happening, and then AC sold to Textron and it all got back burnered and / or slowed.

sand shark

Mar 30, 2009
West Hills, CA
Hopefully it is just slowed because of the acquisition. It would be nice to have a 3rd manufacturer in the mix of the sport sxs market and desert racing.

I guess we will find out next February.

Bricoop

Jan 8, 2017
That and because they don't actually exist in public despite us hearing over and over again they do... I felt like something was really off about this whole Robby Gordon program. My thought was that it was real, it was happening, and then AC sold to Textron and it all got back burnered and / or slowed.
Hopefully it is just slowed because of the acquisition. It would be nice to have a 3rd manufacturer in the mix of the sport sxs market and desert racing.

I guess we will find out next February.

It appears they are doing their diligence with testing. Textron is still on for a February release. It sounds like they are releasing a X model and a XX model. The XX model is a rebranded speedcat77. The Yamaha triple has a reported 211hp!

From King yesterday: https://www.instagram.com/p/BZACAIGg3vD I hadn't seen this vinyl design yet, makes me wonder what they have in store.

Textron also just dropped this commercial with their 4 seater https://www.facebook.com/PlanetRobby/videos/10154973124497444/ Seems to me that the $13B company knows what they're doing when it comes to product roll out. Romano Offroad will be racing XXs at the 1000, no idea how many will be there.

sand shark

Mar 30, 2009
West Hills, CA
That commercial is for KMC wheels not Textron. However the fact he is in a Wildcat and not just the trophy truck, tells me his involvement and contract is still intact.

Bricoop

Jan 8, 2017
That commercial is for KMC wheels not Textron. However the fact he is in a Wildcat and not just the trophy truck, tells me his involvement and contract is still intact.

Thanks! missed that. I hadn't seen the 4 seater had been released.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
The Speedcat77 / XX was released either at last years Sand Show or the year before.. can't remember, think it was last year. I have no doubt Textron knows what they are doing, and I am sure they are gonna put some cash into AC but it really still seems like a very convoluted situation as it pertains to these models.

The XX is already outdated IMO, I mean the suspension is better but isn't it really just the same Wildcat with just different suspension components?

RG & Romano raced the Speedcat77 / XX starting at the Baja 1000 last year. RG and I think PJ Jones also ran one in a couple of other races including the UTV World Championship. I am assuming they will be racing the same units at the 1000. Its far from the production model, and still seems to blur the lines of actually being a LEGAL PRO UTV since its not technically a OEM platform but rather an in-house Robby Gordon Off-Road built machine.

At any rate, I hope Textron gets the ball rolling, spends some coin, and redefines the AC sport platforms.

sand shark

Mar 30, 2009
West Hills, CA
Can't say the XX is outdated as it has not been released yet. From what I have read and seen, it will have a nice motor platform with the Yamaha engine. Suspension is on par with what is out there. It is suppose to be 130hp n/a and close to 200hp in the non-race turbo form.

We shall see if Textron sticks to the February 2018 release of the Wildcat XX or maybe they push the release date up.

Throw RG and company in the unlimited UTV class and then there are no worries.

Reactions: Bricoop

Bricoop

Jan 8, 2017
The Speedcat77 / XX was released either at last years Sand Show or the year before.. can't remember, think it was last year. I have no doubt Textron knows what they are doing, and I am sure they are gonna put some cash into AC but it really still seems like a very convoluted situation as it pertains to these models.

The XX is already outdated IMO, I mean the suspension is better but isn't it really just the same Wildcat with just different suspension components?

RG & Romano raced the Speedcat77 / XX starting at the Baja 1000 last year. RG and I think PJ Jones also ran one in a couple of other races including the UTV World Championship. I am assuming they will be racing the same units at the 1000. Its far from the production model, and still seems to blur the lines of actually being a LEGAL PRO UTV since its not technically a OEM platform but rather an in-house Robby Gordon Off-Road built machine.

At any rate, I hope Textron gets the ball rolling, spends some coin, and redefines the AC sport platforms.
My understanding is the geometry has changed significantly in both the suspension and the CVs.

fortune46x

Aug 1, 2013
Iowa
It appears they are doing their diligence with testing. Textron is still on for a February release. It sounds like they are releasing a X model and a XX model. The XX model is a rebranded speedcat77. The Yamaha triple has a reported 211hp!

From King yesterday: https://www.instagram.com/p/BZACAIGg3vD I hadn't seen this vinyl design yet, makes me wonder what they have in store.

Textron also just dropped this commercial with their 4 seater https://www.facebook.com/PlanetRobby/videos/10154973124497444/ Seems to me that the $13B company knows what they're doing when it comes to product roll out. Romano Offroad will be racing XXs at the 1000, no idea how many will be there.
Few things - Its not 211 hp , the XX will be a claimed 125hp (135 actual). It features an NA version of the 998T snowmobile motor from yamaha. The Speedcat 77 is a completely different machine from the XX , the frame is longer, wheel base longer entire frame is tig welded and is a really nice piece.

The biggest hiccup with the whole XX deal was the merger/acquisition , everything they had done had to be re-certified under textron offroad, then there were things that weren't up to Textrons standards and had some things to iron out.

There will be other refinements based off the dealer input from the annual business meeting this Febuary/March where the dealers got to drive the cars at ERX. There will also be others testing the car in production form in the next few months.

The delays suck but Id rather have a well refined, tested and true car vs something rushed to market like in the former years. There's other things going on the other platforms (trail and sport) that will be awesome when they come to market but that will be after the XX makes its appearance.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000