Thank You AGM, Fast-Aid, RDC, and JD Films!

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/14751010?color=ffffff" width="600" height="338" frameborder="0"></iframe><p><a href="http://vimeo.com/14751010">California 200 fundraiser at K1 speed in carlsbad CA</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user4664584">Ryan Marquez</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p><p></p>​

On behalf of UTVUnderground and TKUnderground I want to personally thank all of our friends at All German Motorsports, Fast-Aid.org, Race-Dezert.com, and JD Films for all of their awesome efforts into making last Sundays Dezert People 8 movie premier one of the best events I have ever attended. UTVUnderground was proud to help put this event together and we look forward to participating again next year!!

The event was scheduled long before the accident that occurred at the MDR California 200, the event was already supposed to be a fundraiser for Fast-Aid, but once the accident occurred the event took on a whole other meaning. The off road community showed up in full force, packing the K1 Speed parking lot, donating money and just enjoying the atmosphere. Race vehicles from Trophy Trucks, Class 1, and every other form of off road were on display for everyone to see. UTVUnderground brought out the FatRod and served up Ice Cold Monster Energy to the crowd. Team Driver Mike Lasher brought out his Monster Energy Kawasaki Teryx for everyone to enjoy and brought his boy Pellagrino out who brought along his GenRight KOH Rock Buggy.

All German Motorsports organized the event for the 2nd year. Baja Pits provided endless tacos, UTVUnderground sponsor 4130 Clothing supplied good tunes along with California 200 memorial shirts that have so far raised well over $5000.00 for the California 200 memorial fund. K1 Speed donated portions of all their profits from Sunday to Fast-Aid as well. Another UTVUnderground sponsor and friend Randy Weisser of Off Road Warehouse not only has donated his time and facilities for fund raising efforts in light of the Cal 2000 accident but also matched all of the money donated on Sunday as well. ORW has gone above and beyond with showing their support for the race truck driver Brett Sloppy and all that lost their lives that dark day.

I was able to participate in 2 of the fun races that day, the Media Goon race and the FatKid race. Both of which were a total blast!!! We had a special guest in the FatKid race, driver Brett Sloppy who was the unfortunate racer to crash into the people at the Cal 200 came out and joined in the festivities doing his part to help raise some money as well. Brett feels terrible about what happened but he was showered with love and confidence in that the off road community stands by him 110%.

TKUnderground organized a Trophy Kart kids race in which the winner was able to compete in the evenings Celebrity Race! TKUnderground driver Danny Molinda schooled the competition including UTVUndergrounds own Doug Mittag and RJ Anderson.

In all the day was a huge success for our friends at Fast-Aid.org and for the families affected by the tragedy at the Cal 200. The off road community has once again come together to show just how much support we have for one another. The day ended with the premier of the hottest off road video to come to DVD in 2010, Dezert People 8. Made by our friend Curtis Guise the Dezert people series of movies truly is the best off road series of films ever created. You have to check out DP8, get your copy today!!

Thank you to everyone who came out and supported this amazing event! See you all in 2011!!!

Last edited:

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Thanks Ben! It consumes time, resources, and it is hard to continue to re hash the stories with people that were there or affected by the accident but its the only way I see fit to handle the situation. I dont have a lot to give but I feel its my duty as an off roader and as the owner of this site to put forth as much effort as possible to help our fallen brothers and sisters. Like I have told so many people, whether it was helping Alex the soldier that got jumped in Glamis, Scott at XMF, or the California 200 victims I do it becuase I only hope that god forbid something happened to me or my family people would do what they can to help us.

Times like this show what people are really made of and what people are all about and to see that many people come out to that many different events was truly inspiring! I am pleased to be a part of Fast-Aid.Org and proud to be an off roader!

controled force

1004CC Turbo Tax - UTVUnderground Approved
Apr 8, 2009
Sac.Ca
I donated some cheese for the cause,every little bit helps,,
Utv underground is defiantly a top notch site! A ton of cool threads.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
you're the man! Everylittle bit doesn help. Last I heard Fast-Aid.org has raised over $130,000.00 for the California 200 fund.

Thanks for the props too! We work hard to keep the site fresh and different, and of course original! hahaha

bighad

Sep 5, 2010
hey, thank you all for everything. You have no idea the impact from this event on 08-14. I didn't lose my life, but I did get way hurt. I hope nobody ever has to go through what I am going through. I can't work, I hurt 24/7, my family is having issues from what we saw..I have bills, and no idea when my simple little life will come back..it is thee scariest time in my 40 years.. just know that families like mine deeply appreciate all of you for doing all your doing..it is comforting to know all the deceased (families) are being helped out and not just forgotten. people's lives will never be the same..children will never know their dad's...and our off road community has opened their hearts and wallets to "stick together" like we do in the desert... Thanks again all.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
We are just glad you are with us Travis! Time heels most wounds and while the memory will never leave over time it will be easier to consume and understand. God has a reason for everything and I truly believe good things come about from negative situations. Just fight the good fight and thank god everyday for the gift of life!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000