The Short Bus under the knife

Slacker

La Familia
Apr 1, 2012
Bakersfield
The Short Bus is under the knife again:rolleyes: A few of you might remember us stopping due to a mystery noise after the Miller Jeep trail ride. Here's the culprit. I'm blaming X-Pirate for this as he's the only one that drove it that trip beside me :D:eek:

This is the thrust plate, it was flat when it came out. Feeling pretty lucky right now that it didn't scatter the diff on our run up the road to camp!

XPirate

Sep 9, 2011
Bakertucky
I get the blame :confused: Good thing no one has proof this thing catches air....:D Just kidding, I was afraid I would slip out the side of the seat, no goggles, and what I'd like to call a P@$$Y foot, all lead to my assumption it couldn't have been me, but I suppose it is a possibility....:eek: wish I could help solve the crime, but work has me tied down pretty good right now...

Slacker

La Familia
Apr 1, 2012
Bakersfield
The wife seems to think if you pay for half of a new Teryx4 we'd be even:D I might pay to see someone with the nerve to jump that thing. I've had it about a foot or two airborn and I can tell you man, she don't land very well:D:D

XPirate

Sep 9, 2011
Bakertucky
will we be paying cash or financing??? I'll take the last half of each month and we can swap holidays if you like :rolleyes: I'll let you pick the color, oh, btw, they are coming out with a white one, but probably get better deals on older units...

Slacker

La Familia
Apr 1, 2012
Bakersfield
It's about 12' long. the price would have to be very right, I'm saving roughly $13,974.68 by fixing it instead of replacing it. The parts are like $20. I don't know about going halfers on a machine man, they say the only ship that will not sail is a partnership. And to do it with family:eek: you're a brave soul buddy.

I think the previous owner never serviced the differentials (9,800 miles) because the oil was horrible looking when I did it when I got it. I'd also be pretty sure that the lash has never been adjusted. I'll bet this could have been avoided so the Short Bus has been forgiven and will ride again. :)

XPirate

Sep 9, 2011
Bakertucky
Sarcasm is harder to decifer when typed....:rolleyes: as much as I'd like to go halves with someone, I don't even want to with family.... That should let you know just how I feel about you ;) Anyways, now that we have figured that out and got all the smoochy stuff out of the way, I believe the short bus needs a new coat of paint, maybe "reflective yellow" :eek: And I'll make sure to put gum under at least one of the seats....Oh, btw, since your keeping the bus, I figured i could at least provide inspiring photos....

NO NEED FOR A TRAILER.....

JAPINTHEBOX

Grabbin Fish Heads & Rice
Jun 19, 2012
NORTH HOLLYWOOD
It's about 12' long. the price would have to be very right, I'm saving roughly $13,974.68 by fixing it instead of replacing it. The parts are like $20. I don't know about going halfers on a machine man, they say the only ship that will not sail is a partnership. And to do it with family:eek: you're a brave soul buddy.

I think the previous owner never serviced the differentials (9,800 miles) because the oil was horrible looking when I did it when I got it. I'd also be pretty sure that the lash has never been adjusted. I'll bet this could have been avoided so the Short Bus has been forgiven and will ride again. :)
The economy is tough right now,this might be cheaper?

Attachments

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000