Thinking about getting a jeep

ageekwithajeep

UTVUnderground La-Familia
Oct 13, 2010
Spokane Wa
ya i hear ya memo baby. i thought the same way until i was out last weekend in my dads we found some really fun stuff out in ocotillo to cruise and haul ass through in his jeep

ageekwithajeep

Oct 13, 2010
Spokane Wa
well despite all the nay sayers i am going to do it. trading my buggy and trailer straight across for this jeepster commando. here's what i am thinking

opens up more trailer for rick, my dad, my mechanic, and me to ride on being street legal.

if i dont like it i can sell it for more then i would be able to my buggy.

More time with my dad because we can ride everywhere we go together.

can still follow la familia on almost every ride. Minus little rubicon(unless i get it really beafed up) and the maze in mecca

az_amsoil

Amsoil Arizona - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 22, 2009
I think you'll enjoy it, the 225 is a great power to weight ratio and great milage engine. To have a good off road rig and one that will do well on the highway I would swap in a Spicer 18 with the Warn overdrive in place of the stock spicer 20 transfer. Does it have a TH400? If so, the downside is you cannot lock it for steep decent, be careful to not let it get away from you! IMO you'll want a little more power and some more gearing and tires. Keep the TH400, swap in a spicer 18, engine swap to a 4.3L V6, 4.10 gears and 35" tires

You won't miss the farm wagon :cool:

ageekwithajeep

Oct 13, 2010
Spokane Wa
no farm wagon here az amsoil i am the buggy boy...

its got the manual with the granny low. dont plan on engine mod just yet. first off is getting to see thing thing and getting it. then off we go from there

JimandMelissa

UTVUndeground La Familia
Oct 4, 2010
Jeeps ain't so bad :cool:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxcXgaVRCLU"]YouTube - JEEP Sandhill Climb[/ame]

JimandMelissa

UTVUndeground La Familia
Oct 4, 2010
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ue2PJfeSjKk&playnext=1&list=PLCBEACE0D1D529856&index=43]YouTube - Crazy Jeep Hillclimb[/ame]

ageekwithajeep

Oct 13, 2010
Spokane Wa
we got lots done today ,rewired and re ran most of the under hood wiring. stripped the interior. pics to come this week.

Brev you have a pm

Transformer33

Da-Coach
Jan 30, 2011
Whats up geekboy nice jeep are you going to paint it candy red or que? If you need something welded or tube bent call me i picked up a welder and tube bender for some projects let me know if you need help

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000