All UTV's Thread sealant advice

Apr 11, 2011
Santa Clarita
Any of you mechanic guys out there have a sugjestion, i have an aluminum race radiator where we welding in the oem threaded bung for the temp switch that just seeps a little. The threads are good, the weld is good it just leaks past the threads. I tried thread tape, than liquid tape sealant and it better, what about locktight blue or leak lock sealant??

ParaPros Racing

parapros racing
Jun 27, 2009
sun city CA
ya get clear adhesive sealant silicone for the shop like auto zone it works very well and its like a think super glue its better then just silicone trust me works great.

Brad
paraprosracing.com

Apr 11, 2011
Santa Clarita
Teflon dope didnt work, but it was way better than tape. I have yamaha bond, I guess it would be simular to clear sylicon...

I think the thin bung warped a little during welding so Im trying to fix a flaw

Odyknuck

May 2, 2011
Is the thread shallow enough to run a tap in it to clear the warp out and still have room for the fitting to not bottom out?

Bagman

Jan 4, 2011
Norco, CA
Loctite 567. It's a silicone based pipe dope. Good for stainless, all pipe threads. Great stuff, not messy. I use it for a living.

Might be a little hard to find. I have to buy it in refrigeration supply houses. Should be able to find it with a quick Internet search.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000