All UTV's Trail/Sand Dunes

Cisco Kid

Puro Corazon - UTVUnderground La Famila
Apr 17, 2009
that doesnt look very comfortable at all. looks like the guy in the back is all smashed in, knees tight up against the seat. yeah that looks real comfy. and the guy in the front with his knee hanging out, real safe...

this isnt even your rzr 4p? so wha? you rode in the back of one for 20 minutes, or have seen people riding in the back of one, and you assume that its a comfortable ride, sounds more like you are just trying to make po po sound good...

your opinion is too biased to add anything important to the conversation

That is a all day ride and they stop at Deep Hole to take pic's and have a cold one, that is why the net is off ;-)

DM8761

Apr 17, 2012
is that an optical illusion or is that bolted together frame sagging in the middle?

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Ok we get it Papa Bear, the XP4 is your recommendation for him! Point made...

Now here is my HONEST opinion. I agree, the XP4, amazing all around vehicle, I love mine without a doubt. Its fast, great suspension, and like MOST UTV's these days, will do just about anything you need it to do. However, rear legroom in a RZR for an adult is limited. Riding in the back is not nearly as comfortable as a Teryx4. The Teryx4 has amazing rear leg room and is the most comfortable UTV next to the Commander I have ever driven. If there is one area that Polaris lacks in its driver and passenger comfort and styling. Kawasaki definitely wins out when it comes to interior design and driver / passenger comfort. Can't argue that the XP4 is also confortable for the driver and without a doubt feels like a buggy with its low seating position. The T4 you sit high which for some isn't very ideal. I do tend to lean towards the lower more aggressive seating positions like Polaris RZR's provide.

Another huge plus for Kawi is the Teryx 4's gas mileage. I noticed in my dune ride that I could go further on a tank of gas in a T4 vs. my XP4. And yes I said DUNES! The T4 was the most overachieving duner I have ever driven. What I mean is, the T4 in my mind was not the most desireable duner but in the dunes it did AMAZING. With my paddle tires from STI the thing went everywhere in 2wd, and handled amazing with both 2 and 4 people in it.

For rock crawling and trail riding the T4's wheel base is the perfect length where in my XP4 I tend to lay the belly down and high center much more often. Plus the rear trailing arms take a beating, get banged up, and have a tendency to hang up on rocks. Sure the XP4 gets me everywhere without a doubt, but the T4's stance is PERFECT for rock crawling and trail riding. Not to mention having the power steering in the T4 is a huge plus. Of course my XP4 LE has power steering as well but now you can bring in price. The XP4 LE with Power steering has an MSRP of $19,599 where the LE T4 is only $15,199.00. Thats enough savings to buy you the +6 Funco Long Travel kit I have and now be able to blast through whoop sections like everyone else you may ride with that has more suspension then a stock T4!

In the end you have to weigh your options. Of course those who own and spend money on a Polaris are gonna have their opinions as will those who own and spend money on Kawasaki's. I can tell you unbiasedly that both have strong value in the world of UTV off-roading. But only you can choose whats right for you. I personally love both machines and use both machines. However, I am turning my T4 into the ultimate all around family trail rig while my XP4 will be turned into the ultimate dune and whoop hopper!!!

Desertcat

Jun 1, 2012
Arizona

Now here is my HONEST opinion. I agree, the XP4, amazing all around vehicle, I love mine without a doubt. Its fast, great suspension, and like MOST UTV's these days, will do just about anything you need it to do. However, rear legroom in a RZR for an adult is limited. Riding in the back is not nearly as comfortable as a Teryx4. The Teryx4 has amazing rear leg room and is the most comfortable UTV next to the Commander I have ever driven. If there is one area that Polaris lacks in its driver and passenger comfort and styling. Kawasaki definitely wins out when it comes to interior design and driver / passenger comfort. Can't argue that the XP4 is also confortable for the driver and without a doubt feels like a buggy with its low seating position. The T4 you sit high which for some isn't very ideal. I do tend to lean towards the lower more aggressive seating positions like Polaris RZR's provide.

Another huge plus for Kawi is the Teryx 4's gas mileage. I noticed in my dune ride that I could go further on a tank of gas in a T4 vs. my XP4. And yes I said DUNES! The T4 was the most overachieving duner I have ever driven. What I mean is, the T4 in my mind was not the most desireable duner but in the dunes it did AMAZING. With my paddle tires from STI the thing went everywhere in 2wd, and handled amazing with both 2 and 4 people in it.

For rock crawling and trail riding the T4's wheel base is the perfect length where in my XP4 I tend to lay the belly down and high center much more often. Plus the rear trailing arms take a beating, get banged up, and have a tendency to hang up on rocks. Sure the XP4 gets me everywhere without a doubt, but the T4's stance is PERFECT for rock crawling and trail riding. Not to mention having the power steering in the T4 is a huge plus. Of course my XP4 LE has power steering as well but now you can bring in price. The XP4 LE with Power steering has an MSRP of $19,599 where the LE T4 is only $15,199.00. Thats enough savings to buy you the +6 Funco Long Travel kit I have and now be able to blast through whoop sections like everyone else you may ride with that has more suspension then a stock T4!

In the end you have to weigh your options. Of course those who own and spend money on a Polaris are gonna have their opinions as will those who own and spend money on Kawasaki's. I can tell you unbiasedly that both have strong value in the world of UTV off-roading. But only you can choose whats right for you. I personally love both machines and use both machines. However, I am turning my T4 into the ultimate all around family trail rig while my XP4 will be turned into the ultimate dune and whoop hopper!!!
Thank you Joey for your feedback. They are both great machines and it all depends on your style of riding. I just wanted to get some member feedback about how they like these machines.

With the new California ROV law I may be forced out of the the sport atleast with my young children. We will just have to wait and see the out come.

Desertcat

Jun 1, 2012
Arizona

What part of the dunes did you take your T4? What kind of hills did you try to climb?

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
We went to Glamis. Drove it all weekend with 14" STI Paddles and rims and ROMPED in the dunes from the baby stuff outside the washes to all the big stuf. Went up Olds no problem. It was going up stuff better than our RZR4 800 was. The torq and clutch were awesome. ITs a huge overachiever in the dunes! Crowdog also has had his in the dunes!

Desertcat

Jun 1, 2012
Arizona
We went to Glamis. Drove it all weekend with 14" STI Paddles and rims and ROMPED in the dunes from the baby stuff outside the washes to all the big stuf. Went up Olds no problem. It was going up stuff better than our RZR4 800 was. The torq and clutch were awesome. ITs a huge overachiever in the dunes! Crowdog also has had his in the dunes!
Wow it went up Olds? Was it just the driver? Any mods?
Sounds like it runs really well and would be a great family 4 seater.
How many paddles on it?

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
If this AB bill pans out and my kids are allowed the joys of desert riding again I will be getting a T4. The wide open dune rides and wide open desert sections are not where I want to ride. I like crawling and trail rides. I vote for Team Green.

Flyingbryan

Jun 23, 2011
All in all good info on the difference everyone posted, thanks. I have only been in my Commander and can't wait to ride with everyone and see what all the SxS's can do.

Looks like the new law may end up having only adults in the back of all the SxS's at least in Calif. if I were looking at a four seater, I would wait to see how the AB law pans then get out and try them out by meeting up with some guys on the forum.

Not that anyone asked about Can Am but if the rumored 4 seater comes out at the end of the year it may be one to also look at.

Bryan. :cool:

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
Good luck getting a T4 right now. I went to check them out at local dealer two weeks ago, and they pulled them off their showroom, due to some recalls.

XPirate

Sep 9, 2011
Bakertucky
You can buy a t4, just can't take delivery..... Kinda sucks, but seems like they don't want to put you In harm of a known problem they have.... I was in the dealer yesterday about to throw some cash down, but then thought maybe I could find a used one.....but guess what, there aren't any?????? Everyone must be loving their T4's......

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
You can buy a t4, just can't take delivery..... Kinda sucks, but seems like they don't want to put you In harm of a known problem they have.... I was in the dealer yesterday about to throw some cash down, but then thought maybe I could find a used one.....but guess what, there aren't any?????? Everyone must be loving their T4's......
Dude, why you trying to buy a T4? Your XP is sweet...

Desertcat

Jun 1, 2012
Arizona
The Wildcat seems to be a nice machine. I drove them at the Arctcat demo rides and really liked it. Suspension was amazing and the leg room is much better than other sport UTV's

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000