Trestles126 Intro

trestles126

riding durty
Jan 19, 2009
costa mesa
Think It would be a good thread

My name is Cheyne Skasick I'm 23 soon to by 24, I live in Costa Mesa CA, Im a crane operator and am currently working for Maxim Crane Works. I surf, attend offroad races, camp, snowboard, and recently got the bug to build a old 40s era Flat Lake bed racer. I own a rhino that my friend keith built from the ground up as well as a 1400 ford ranger project that will never be done.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

DSD

Dirty Side Down - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Surprise
That has got to be the biggest mobile crane I've ever seen, damn!

trestles126

riding durty
Jan 19, 2009
costa mesa
ya i was on that Liebherr 500ton for about 1.5 years....biggest on the west coast that drives down the road with the boom in it...biggest actually period besides of coarse crawler cranes....which we errected and moved all the time as well. I downgraded recently trying to save my engagement with my ex....to much out of town and 90 hour work weeks for a 23 year old let alone a 23 year old fiance. It was a good experiance driving it, puttin it together i was in charge of the ground and my crew, and i got to operate it quite a bit with a good operator that tought me alot....now im on a 200ton leibherr kickin it oldschool and stayin out till 2am and wakin up at 4am for work...oh to be young again hahahah

DSD

Jan 15, 2009
Surprise
500 tons? It will lift 1 million pounds? Or is that not how it works?

oldschoolrhino

My Other Ride is a Long Travel Limo - UTVUndergrou
Jan 15, 2009
peoria az
IM BOB AND I DONT HAVE A JOB. I ROLL A 10 SPEED BUT WORKIN ON THE 21 SPEED CONVERSION. I LIVE IN A SHED AT MY GRANDPARENTS HOUSE IN SUNNYSLOPE AZ. CANT WAIT TO GO RIDE WITH YOU GUYS AS SOON AS I GET MY 21 SPEED SWAP DONE:eek:

DSD

Jan 15, 2009
Surprise
IM BOB AND I DONT HAVE A JOB. I ROLL A 10 SPEED BUT WORKIN ON THE 21 SPEED CONVERSION. I LIVE IN A SHED AT MY GRANDPARENTS HOUSE IN SUNNYSLOPE AZ. CANT WIAT TO GO RIDE WITH YOU GUYS AS SOON AS I GET MY 21 SPEED SWAP DONE:eek:
At least it's not in a van down by the river

trestles126

riding durty
Jan 19, 2009
costa mesa
hate to change this into a cheyne career thread but here are some more pics we did alot of windmills on that crane and we pretty much took down and put up tower cranes everyweekend which meant bookoo hours. last shift i worked there we worked 92 hours straight thursday-tues from tehachapi straight to beverly hills to do a tower crane for 3 days and nights then straight back to tehachapi for a 12 hour windmill all straight through no rest cause me and my operator where the only ones qualified at the time to run, drive and operate the crane on such high scale jobs

we were on the show real big things on the hollywood and vine tower cranes we errected 4 390 ft freestanding tower cranes. that crane was very impressive and cool to be on took alot of pride being on it....the hours, responsibility, and stress ruined my life though and now have gone back to a slightly smaller crane 2 axles shorter haha just less work...and a different company. I'm fiending to get back on a big one again i guess some people never learn

me getting ready to break out a manitawoc crawler out of luffer

me and my operator and the 500 setting a 140,000 lb tank lid out in Boron mining facility

me up on one of the hollywood and vine tower cranes help rig cause we were a ironworker short

me being a photo whore on a 278 linkbelt convential build up in the windmills

trestles126

riding durty
Jan 19, 2009
costa mesa
500 tons? It will lift 1 million pounds? Or is that not how it works?
technically yes lil under. 900,000 or so with full counterweight, at like a 1 ft radius off the ass end of it. in the real world though its more about reach....the thing was pretty amazing there was 3 500page load chart books with all the different configs, obviously the more boom you have out and luffing jib the less you can pick....the Y-guys you see coming off the back of the boom was a super lift attatchment that gave the boom more structural strenght and prevented it form deflecting as much and giving you a way better chart in lamens terms figure with full counterweight (308k lbs) with 200ft main boom and 200 ft luffing jib as your boom down or luff down you radius increases and your load capacity decreases there are alot of other variables like angle of main boom compared to angle of luffer and what not but even still that tank lid weighted 140k and we took it out to a 95 foot radius up that high...everyday we are pickin something different whether it be light and far out or close and weight a shit ton while on the crane the biggest thing i saw picked was a 390,000 lb press into a hole up off garfield and the 91

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
those pics make me dizzy!!! LOL

technically yes lil under. 900,000 or so with full counterweight, at like a 1 ft radius off the ass end of it. in the real world though its more about reach....the thing was pretty amazing there was 3 500page load chart books with all the different configs, obviously the more boom you have out and luffing jib the less you can pick....the Y-guys you see coming off the back of the boom was a super lift attatchment that gave the boom more structural strenght and prevented it form deflecting as much and giving you a way better chart in lamens terms figure with full counterweight (308k lbs) with 200ft main boom and 200 ft luffing jib as your boom down or luff down you radius increases and your load capacity decreases there are alot of other variables like angle of main boom compared to angle of luffer and what not but even still that tank lid weighted 140k and we took it out to a 95 foot radius up that high...everyday we are pickin something different whether it be light and far out or close and weight a shit ton while on the crane the biggest thing i saw picked was a 390,000 lb press into a hole up off garfield and the 91

uhhhh....wtf Cheyne, you speak chinese too?

bean dip

GabeZ - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Hemet, Ca.
Good for you Bro. I don't remember if you guys are still together or not, but remember 1 thing "P" comes and goes, but a REAL woman will stay and make great "LIFE"!!!! You have alot going for you Bro, "KEEP IT UP"! lol!:D

trestles126

riding durty
Jan 19, 2009
costa mesa
nah we split the sheets 9 months ago deffinetly better off too different of people, and with a cool chick now, just always have to remember work to live not live to work sometimes money takes over and those big checks get addicting then you come home from work one day and half your house and french bulldog are missing and a ring is on the table....haha i can look back and laugh about it now!!

max powers

Head Ninja In Charge - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
nah we split the sheets 9 months ago deffinetly better off too different of people, and with a cool chick now, just always have to remember work to live not live to work sometimes money takes over and those big checks get addicting then you come home from work one day and half your house and french bulldog are missing and a ring is on the table....haha i can look back and laugh about it now!!
she took the dog to? bitches like that need a lesson, Don't mess with a mans best friend, or his utv

kingck5

Bad Habits - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
pomona cali
dam it i hate heights....... i couldnt do that dam it made me dizzy also i feel like its and aa meeting .lmao..........

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000