Uggghhh... I cant decide.....

NYCEGUY01

Jul 9, 2012
Im about to buy a new machine and cant decide....lol

I originally wanted a Polaris 1000 4seater.
I really don't want 4 seats but am thinking I want the longer wheelbase for the desert and dunes.

My next thought is that that is a huge machine and a 2 seat 1000 may be a better fit on some of the trails etc...

I mostly ride the dunes with some desert thrown in and the occasional mountain trail...

I know longer machine will be a bit smoother but Im used to an 800S and Im worried that it wont be able to turn and jump like a shorter car.

If I buy a 2 seater will I wish I had more wheelbase ?

Thoughts from the guys that have had both.

Bajaxp

SXS Racer Extraordinaire - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 21, 2010
OC
Im about to buy a new machine and cant decide....lol

I originally wanted a Polaris 1000 4seater.
I really don't want 4 seats but am thinking I want the longer wheelbase for the desert and dunes.

My next thought is that that is a huge machine and a 2 seat 1000 may be a better fit on some of the trails etc...

I mostly ride the dunes with some desert thrown in and the occasional mountain trail...

I know longer machine will be a bit smoother but Im used to an 800S and Im worried that it wont be able to turn and jump like a shorter car.

If I buy a 2 seater will I wish I had more wheelbase ?

Thoughts from the guys that have had both.
I think you would be happier with the 2 seater. Remember that the XP1000 has a longer wheelbase than the 800S and the XP900. I pre-ran the San Felipe 250 in the 2 seater and it did amazingly well in the whoops and rally roads around Mike's Sky Ranch. My 2 pesos! -MP :)

crazywatson

#13 - UTVUnderground Approved
Jul 30, 2009
Redwood City
I have a xp4 and bought it knowing we would rarely use the back seats. It does ride great but the XP1K 4 seat is even longer I don't think I would want anything longer. Also I would remove the back seats completely unless you want everyone asking to ride with you. My friend took his out for this reason and I think I will do the same. I think the added length of the 2 seater is enough. When I go to a 1k it's going to be 2 seats.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

NYCEGUY01

Jul 9, 2012
If I get the 4 it wont have back seats.

I have 1 Jagged x box in the shop and Ill use the other seat base for a cooler.

I planned to have the new cage built super low in the rear basically turning it into a 2 seater with a longer wheelbase with a bunch of storage etc...

Ive driven a 900 4 seater and the ride was great.
I just didn't get to beat on it much as it wasn't mine, it really handled the whoops nice...

desertwheeler

Extra Crispy
Oct 25, 2011
Barstow
I love the jagged x for the length and storage. It rides great. Tackles steep terrain like a BOSS! Makes two seaters look sketchy on drop offs and such. But I think it is plenty long. An the 1ks look like limos. It's worth it for the storage alone. We have so many tools and survival stuff in that thing it's like driving with 3 people in it lol.

BlackRhinoAlex

Mar 4, 2014
I've had customers that liked both the 4 seater and 2 seat, with the xp1k it's more of personal preference since the wheel base is already longer!

dev's rzr

Jan 7, 2011
glandora ca
I really the the ride of the 4 seater but if you like to jump a lot then the seater would be better for youse take the 4 out with her for the smooth ride and I take the 2 seater when it's just me

NYCEGUY01

Jul 9, 2012
I said screw it and bought the long one...

It goes in tomorrow or Monday for the new cage....
This is gonna get expensive quick I fear...lol

NYCEGUY01

Jul 9, 2012
So far I have lost all of my fingerprints just pulling off all the damn stickers.

I got all the seatbelts and the stock cage removed.

It has been dropped off to the fabricator to have the new cage built.

Ive also been ordering all the other parts I need.

Im gonna need a set of paddles as I cant re use my 26-12 Blasters...

Anyone here run the staggered Sand Strippers ? At about $1000 less than Blasters they are tempting...

crazywatson

#13 - UTVUnderground Approved
Jul 30, 2009
Redwood City
I was getting ready to say it sounds like your mind is made up just go get it. Lol

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000