UPDATED! NEW 2012 Arctic Cat Widcat **UTVUnderground Exclusive**

Darryl89

Killer Kitty - UTVUnderground Approved
Oct 8, 2009
Farmington, NM
Re: NEW 2012 Arctic Cat Widcat **UTVUnderground Exclusive**

Yes,read about that,but ,wanted to see a picture.......The twin 50mm TB's will change the overall.That single TB on a cross over bridge on the prowler, killed it's potential..Chris,did you ever do a Prowler 1000 motor
Just got it confirmed... the potential is killed again I guess... the Wildcat only has one 50mm throttle body on the bridged cross-over again.... look at Joey's pics on page 1, you can see in one shot, the intake bridge. A few guys that were at the unveiling saw the same thing and one asked an engineer about it, he confirmed, only one TB.

Kind of deceptive when the release says Throttle Bodies instead of throttle body.....

One of the best things they could do to make this a faster engine is to have 2... that 1 50mm just isn't enough air and fuel....

Bajaxp

SXS Racer Extraordinaire - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 21, 2010
OC
What do I win Matt??? Hey did you get my P.M. I sent??
Jeff you win a broken Wild Cat rear shock bolt. And if you don't want that, dig into my ice chest and grab a beer the next time we see each other. The mountains are always blue on my beers!

No I didn't get your PM. Resend.

okieraptor

Apr 25, 2011

Just got it confirmed... the potential is killed again I guess... the Wildcat only has one 50mm throttle body on the bridged cross-over again.... look at Joey's pics on page 1, you can see in one shot, the intake bridge. A few guys that were at the unveiling saw the same thing and one asked an engineer about it, he confirmed, only one TB.

Kind of deceptive when the release says Throttle Bodies instead of throttle body.....

One of the best things they could do to make this a faster engine is to have 2... that 1 50mm just isn't enough air and fuel....

i saw that too. how big are the two you run on yours? i think there is just enough room to put two tb's under there.

Darryl89

Oct 8, 2009
Farmington, NM

i saw that too. how big are the two you run on yours? i think there is just enough room to put two tb's under there.
I have two OEM throttle bodies from XTZ 1000's. They measure out at 45mm at the butterfly. Run two throttle cables from the pedal to contol the tb's.
To mount, you rotate the intake manifold stub on each cylinder 180 degrees. You'll have to fab up a connection from the tb to the intake stub, then use pvc tubing to build runners to your air cleaner.

okieraptor

Apr 25, 2011
Sounds easy enough. If there's room sounds like one of the top upgrades. How does the Harley pdf work with it?

Darryl89

Oct 8, 2009
Farmington, NM
Sounds easy enough. If there's room sounds like one of the top upgrades. How does the Harley pdf work with it?
You need to run the Auto Tune with it, install some base perimeters and let it learn and tune from there. Seems to work okay.

Next step I'm trying is running the injectors from a GSX650 (M109r injectors). They have a flow rate of 43-45lbs per hour while the stockers only flow 33-35lbs per hour....

okieraptor

Apr 25, 2011
How built is your motor? Would doin the twin bodies be to much for the stocker with a exhaust?

Darryl89

Oct 8, 2009
Farmington, NM
How built is your motor? Would doin the twin bodies be to much for the stocker with a exhaust?
Mine is pretty mild internally.
Raising the compression to 10 to 1 is a good idea too.
Messing with cams can help, but the Cat uses counter rotating cams which confuses some....

ATVist

UTVist
Apr 7, 2011
Trier/ Germany
www.utvmagazin.de
Question about WC suspension

I was there in THF at the roll-in. I asked one of the guys (some AC media guy) abound the rebound. He said the WE has a rebound. In real I could see the compression "screw" but not the rebound one. Is there one?

Steff

Last edited:

WERACE

Walker Evans Racing - Official UTVUnderground Spon
Feb 23, 2011
Redlands
www.walkerevansent.com
Question about WC suspension

I was there in THF at the roll-in. I asked one of the guys (some AC media guy) abound the rebound. He said the WE has a rebound. In real I could see the compression "srew" but not the rebound one. Is there one?

Steff
The shocks that we are currently building for Artic Cat do not have externally adjustable rebound, only internal. As seen in the pictures they do have the 16 way compression clicker like all of out UTV shocks. I have recieved some phone calls wilth questions whether the shocks are less featured versions or overseas built. These shocks use the same quality parts that we manafacture here in Riverside that go into all of our racing shocks. Its a nice feature, pay a little more up front and get components that should outlast the vehicle itself.

ATVist

UTVist
Apr 7, 2011
Trier/ Germany
www.utvmagazin.de
Thanks WeRace for the answer.

For what terrain is the rebound set. Lots of whoops after one another or more deep whoops? Would you be satisfied at a MX Track with hugh jumps?
So, for racing (personal settings) the WC shocks for the side of the rebound have to be set before the race at a dealers shop or at home (if someone has the tools are required). Are there WER shocks that have the rebound ajustable fitting the Wildcat?

WERACE

Walker Evans Racing - Official UTVUnderground Spon
Feb 23, 2011
Redlands
www.walkerevansent.com
Thanks WeRace for the answer.

For what terrain is the rebound set. Lots of whoops after one another or more deep whoops? Would you be satisfied at a MX Track with hugh jumps?
So, for racing (personal settings) the WC shocks for the side of the rebound have to be set before the race at a dealers shop or at home (if someone has the tools are required). Are there WER shocks that have the rebound ajustable fitting the Wildcat?
The shocks are valved to work well in all types of terrain for the wide range of customers who are going to purchase them. Due to the wheel base and suspension travel the Wild Cat is going to be very forgiving. If the customer wants to make any changes to the rebound the shocks will need to be torn down and revalved, which can be done through us or any authorized shop. The only special tools needed are shims and a nitrogen bottle, which most racers are familiar with. At this time we have no plan to offer an externally adjustable rebound shock for the Wild Cat, and I feel that it probably won't be money well spent in this application.

450grl

The First Lady of SXS - UTVUnderground Approved
Mar 15, 2009
I just want to say that I'm super impressed that AC went with Walker Evans Racing shocks......I have run WERs forever, and they have been amazing to work with. Excellent components, excellent feel......kudos to AC for providing these to their consumers on this machine! :)

Beach Leo

Way-Good
Mar 6, 2011
Mt Shasta & Mt Diablo
Time to jump ship...Not that my old po-po is a pos...its been a very dependable rig with over 6000 trouble free miles...would get another one cause of that, but wont cause of the fact that po-po fired a bunch of our fellow american workers...to move some of there stuff to Mexico...If they are not going to support our fellow american workers...I so no need whats so ever to support them any-more...If po-po was loyal to America and its fellow Americans...Than we would be loyal to them...Its that simple...Any-way can't wait to get my wild-cat:)

Reactions: 1 person

Beach Leo

Way-Good
Mar 6, 2011
Mt Shasta & Mt Diablo
LEO CANT WaIT TO SEE YOU IN THE WILD CAT THE SPECS ARE AWSOME..
AND HELL EVEN YAMAHA IS BEING BUILT AN THE GOOD OLD USA NOW...
Right on Larry....Yep those specs are un-real:)...Ya I heard that yamaha is being built here...but its still not an American Company owned by Americans....Buy American...Be American...United We Stand:)

Bajaxp

SXS Racer Extraordinaire - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 21, 2010
OC
You are incorrect sir! Polaris hired more than 700 people in the US in 2010 and has hired even more this year. In addition, Polaris decided to keep engine production in Osceola and not shut the engine plant down. There is a new plant in Mexico, but Polaris sells a lot more stuff internationally than it did 10 years ago and if you are sell a bunch of product into Mexico, South America, China, etc it makes sense to build the product closer to the end user. :)

Time to jump ship...Not that my old po-po is a pos...its been a very dependable rig with over 6000 trouble free miles...would get another one cause of that, but wont cause of the fact that po-po fired a bunch of our fellow american workers...to move some of there stuff to Mexico...If they are not going to support our fellow american workers...I so no need whats so ever to support them any-more...If po-po was loyal to America and its fellow Americans...Than we would be loyal to them...Its that simple...Any-way can't wait to get my wild-cat:)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000