UPDATED! NEW 2012 Arctic Cat Widcat **UTVUnderground Exclusive**

SXS Machine

Importer, wholesaler,
So which aftermarket dealer has enough of them booked to take deposits and ship to Australia? :confused:

And be head of a sponsor conglomerate to fully fund my team and promotional films to get all your money back!! :D:D

Nah, thats it, no tag line, no jokes.... send me free race built Wild Cats!! :rolleyes:

Beach Leo

Way-Good
Mar 6, 2011
Mt Shasta & Mt Diablo
You are incorrect sir! Polaris hired more than 700 people in the US in 2010 and has hired even more this year. In addition, Polaris decided to keep engine production in Osceola and not shut the engine plant down. There is a new plant in Mexico, but Polaris sells a lot more stuff internationally than it did 10 years ago and if you are sell a bunch of product into Mexico, South America, China, etc it makes sense to build the product closer to the end user. :)
With respect It seems you did not read this sir or I could not find where they re-nigged >>>In about 18 months, roughly a thousand workers will be out of a job at the Polaris plant in Osceola, Wisconsin. In that timeframe Polaris plans to close the Osceola plant, and move its production south of the border to Mexico. The move comes about as Polaris looks to increase production efficiency (i.e. lower production costs with cheaper labor), which will then allow the company to be more competitive with its products’ positions in their respective marketplaces.
Polaris will continue to produce snowmobiles at its Roseau, Minnesota plant, and motorcycles at its Spirit Lake, Iowa plant, however some operations from both of these plants will be relocated to Mexico as well.

As far as them selling stuff overseas thats good for there profits like firing american is. I get it always the bottom line. How-ever we just dislike when they fire American worker like polaris is stating they are doing. I just dont by there propaganda BS like some do.

Bajaxp

SXS Racer Extraordinaire - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 21, 2010
OC
No information is better than mis-information. Polaris sold Osceola plant to Kapco and nearly all of the '515' person workforce will be hired by Kapco when they resume production. The only thing that will change in Osceola is the sign on the building. Osceola never had 1000 workers anyway. Osceola doesn't make vehicles...they do stampings, made seats and made exhausts. There is a second building that assembles engines and this will be kept under Polaris not Kapco. Kapco will become a supplier to Polaris. These are basic 'make versus buy' decisions that companies make every day. Polaris decided that they will now buy more stampings and seats instead of doing this in house.
Polaris sells part of Osceola operations | StarTribune.com The information about engine production staying in Osceola is right on the Polaris website.

The Mexico facility really had nothing do to with Osceola. Monterey is a final assembly plant and will give Polaris more capacity which will help expand internationally. Polaris will continue to make Snowmobiles, ATV's and UTV's in Roseau and Spirit Lake will likely make stuff for the street such as Victory and Indian motorcycles plus the GEM and Breeze electric vehicles. US production for Polaris is at a nearly all time high, and the US workforce is also at an all time high. Polaris is not cutting jobs, they are hiring all over the world. Polaris is truely an American success story.

With respect It seems you did not read this sir or I could not find where they re-nigged >>>In about 18 months, roughly a thousand workers will be out of a job at the Polaris plant in Osceola, Wisconsin. In that timeframe Polaris plans to close the Osceola plant, and move its production south of the border to Mexico. The move comes about as Polaris looks to increase production efficiency (i.e. lower production costs with cheaper labor), which will then allow the company to be more competitive with its products’ positions in their respective marketplaces.
Polaris will continue to produce snowmobiles at its Roseau, Minnesota plant, and motorcycles at its Spirit Lake, Iowa plant, however some operations from both of these plants will be relocated to Mexico as well.

As far as them selling stuff overseas thats good for there profits like firing american is. I get it always the bottom line. How-ever we just dislike when they fire American worker like polaris is stating they are doing. I just dont by there propaganda BS like some do.

Reactions: 1 person

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Great post Matt! Rep Points...

At the end of the day the whole "Buy American" thing is a good thing for us all to live by but reality is if you really want to practice what you preach then you better be able to give up a lot! Such as your computer, your cell phone, your TV, your fans, your clocks, your etc etc etc etc etc..... it is impossible to live a normal life while still buying ONLY products made or produced in America. So while I am one who does always like that made in america tag at the same time reality is I need things that Americans just aren't producing.

Beach Leo

Way-Good
Mar 6, 2011
Mt Shasta & Mt Diablo
O.K. I will bit. I dont know who has more credibility? The CEO of po-po or you?>>>The CEO did say this>>>"Polaris CEO Scott Wine says the company is closing the Osceola Wis. plant and opening a facility in Mexico to get closer to key customers and to cut labor costs.
The company expects the move will help it eventually save $30 million a year, with much of the savings coming from lower wages. Officials didn't detail how much lower the wages would be in Mexico, though.

Is this conjecture the ceo of polaris is saying or facts?

Darryl89

Killer Kitty - UTVUnderground Approved
Oct 8, 2009
Farmington, NM
Gotta admit, I did a google search for articles and info on this. Found lots of info that backs up what Leo is saying, nothing of what Matt says. But Matt is a sponsored racer, I'm sure he has info for such.

Matt, can you post the links to info. It would be great to have the right info out there.

staggs

Feb 20, 2011
I will be interested to see the MSRP as I may have the itch on one when they come out:)

Bajaxp

Jan 21, 2010
OC
A lot has happened since the original press release went out a year and half ago...which is what you are quoting. They were going to close Osceola but ended up selling it to Kapco. And Kapco is going to now be a supplier to Polaris. They were going to move all engine production out of Osceola, but decided to keep the majority of it there. A good thing right?
Yes the original press release said that they were closing Osceola and opening up Monterey. But the two are nearly mutually exclusive events. Osceola is a piece part plant...eg they make parts and do ZERO final assembly. Monterey was opened because Roseau and Spirit were operating virtually 24 hours a day and this is why they added around 700 employees at the US plants last year...to add second and third shifts. This is a good thing right? Monterey, like SL and Roseau are final assembly plants. Very different from Osceola. And you can't have a 4th shift at the two US plants because there are only 24 hours in a day.
So what you have is a company (Polaris) that is adding US employees, sold a plant to a company that is now going to supply Polaris and has hired back nearly all of the original employees in Osceola and finally they decided to keep US engine production in Osceola. Again this is a good thing.
The link to the Star Tribune article is underlined in one of my earlier posts. The other article is on the Polaris website under news.
I understand the confusion, and trust me I have had to explain this many times over the last year and a half.
BTW...I am not a Polaris sponsored racer.

Beach Leo

Way-Good
Mar 6, 2011
Mt Shasta & Mt Diablo
So did they open plant in Mexico? Did they hire Americans to Work in Mexico plant? Did Kapco hire the Americans that polaris fired? if so are they union or non union? Why would polaris sell any part of there business? Does polaris just what to outsource all of there manufacturing? Thats what they did with this sale apparently. I know all these questions can-not be answered correctly. Since you have nothing to do with polaris. Oh one more than I am done. Is it true there winches are now made in China?

Bajaxp

Jan 21, 2010
OC
I honestly don't know why you are trashing Polaris. Is it true that Harley buys it's shocks, forks and throttle bodies in Japan? Oh my! Is it true that GM makes Suburbans in Mexico? Is it true that Apples make the I-phone in China? Is it true that Can Ams are made in Mexico? The answer is yes to the above.

Yes Polaris opened a plant in Mexico due to capacity issues and proximity issues. Some Americans work at the plant, but obviously the majority of workers are Mexicans. But again...for the 3x Polaris has more AMERICANS working today than in 2009. A lot more. Not many companies can say that. Again for the 3x Kapco bought half of the plant from Polaris. Polaris decided to keep the engine production in Osceola (the other half of the plant) and Kapco has hired back a lot of the original workers and probably some new ones too. As I said before, they are 'make vs buy' decisions. You would be amazed how much of a car, truck, dishwasher is made outside of the final assembly plant. Sometimes at a company owned plant and sometimes at a supplier. Polaris decided that moving a lot of the stampings to Roseau and Spirit Lake (closer to prodution) and buying the rest made more sense. So what? Have you ever been to a final assembly plant?
I just read that Polaris just opened up a European head quarters for it's international business. Probably some non-Americans working there. Ford is one of the most popular cars in Europe...yet none of the cars are made in the US, because they want different types of vehicles and shipping is inefficient.
Polaris sells Warn winches and their own Pure Polaris branded winches. No clue where either one is made. Let's be done with this.

So did they open plant in Mexico? Did they hire Americans to Work in Mexico plant? Did Kapco hire the Americans that polaris fired? if so are they union or non union? Why would polaris sell any part of there business? Does polaris just what to outsource all of there manufacturing? Thats what they did with this sale apparently. I know all these questions can-not be answered correctly. Since you have nothing to do with polaris. Oh one more than I am done. Is it true there winches are now made in China?

ATVist

UTVist
Apr 7, 2011
Trier/ Germany
www.utvmagazin.de
The pictures of the Wildcat 1000 H.O. used in the beginning of this thread, do you have a contact whom I could ask to use them in our next issue. I only have ones with a lot of people around the Wildcats :rolleyes:

Thanks guys again for your help.

RZRluvr

La Familia Baby!
Feb 21, 2011
Anaheim,CA
I really like it but what the hell were they thinking when they designed the rear lower shock mount? Really??? Were supposed to believe that those plastic guards are gonna protect the shock when they slam down on a rock? Hopefully this is one of the first things that the aftermarket companies will fix for us:D

Bruce

UNION YES
Apr 15, 2011
I like my popo too. When I go to buy another I will look for where it shipped from. If it came from mexico ...no way. I only buy local and keep my taxes here also. I understand things I use everyday come from all around the world. But major purchases are going to come from the United States. I cannot justify not trying to buy American because I am mad at who won the election. Folks that inject so much hate hurt their causes more than help. I like and employ Union workers.:D

I want to see the new arctic cat to....sorry for the hijack

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000