USED MAV vs NEW RZR???

Cool_Racer_79

Sep 10, 2016
YXZ has a lot of potential I like new paddle shifter set up. Add a turbo and "holy crap" .... its on. Add a crawler gear and that is icing...

I bought my 2016 YXZ brand new last year and paid $13,500 OTD. Think about all the bad ass mods you can do with the $10,000 savings over a new X3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sand shark

Mar 30, 2009
West Hills, CA
I bought my 2016 YXZ brand new last year and paid $13,500 OTD. Think about all the bad ass mods you can do with the $10,000 savings over a new X3.

That is a crazy low price. I think people were spending that much for a Rhino in 2007/2008.

You can take your savings adding all the stuff Yamaha should of put on there to begin with - Like lower gear set, bigger tires, and a turbo. Might even have enough money to do some suspension work too.

Rynomx785

Jun 21, 2015
Wickenburg, AZ
That is a crazy low price. I think people were spending that much for a Rhino in 2007/2008.

You can take your savings adding all the stuff Yamaha should of put on there to begin with - Like lower gear set, bigger tires, and a turbo. Might even have enough money to do some suspension work too.
I would do the suspension on a YXZ before I worried about more power.

Reactions: JoeyD23

Cool_Racer_79

Sep 10, 2016

Well so far:

Crash Off Road Cage
Radiator Relocation
Water Temperature Gauge
PRP 5 Point Harnesses
Alba Racing Fly Wheel
Alba Racing ECU Reflash
Alba Racing Full Exhaust
Steering Rack Re-enforcement and Bushings
Fire extinguisher (to help RZRs in distress) lol

Next:
Dual springs for the rear suspension
Tires

Where I ride (Georgia) mostly Durhamtown, I don't need a Turbo.

So far I have 450 miles without any issues and I ride it hard.

I'm currently overseas till May. I can't wait to get back so I can ride!

Being Military I don't have a ton of cash so the price was the biggest decision factor for me. However, I've owned Yamaha's in the past and they have ALL been bullet proof so that also made me want a YXZ.

IMHO, Polaris are bad ass but cheaply made. Can-am are better quality but more expensive.

If money wasn't an issue I would have bought an X3 because they just look bad ass.

But looking back, I'm super happy with my YXZ and is definitely a great choice and I'm keeping it.

fizzz85

Oct 14, 2015
Pretty much what cool racer said is true. I've got an 1000xp that I race and literally everything in the suspension ends up needing changed if you plan on racing where as the yxz's are a lot stronger from the factory. That being said I ride the same place he does (Durhamtown) and if your just going to trail ride I think the yxz would be a nuisance on the trails compared to the Rzr and the Rzr will hold up fine on trails. If your more of a racer (short courses) save yourself the headache and go get a yxz, I would have if they were out when I bought mine and they're cheaper.

MJADAMS

Mar 18, 2017
I really appreciate all the input guys! I'm not really not sure I like the paddle shifters. So the yxz is not really a contender. I'm more about the pluses and minuses between the maverick and the XP.
Also, check this out. I went to my local dealer and they sell rzr and mav XDS. The mav is turbo. The Polaris is not. Both are the 2 seater and 2017 model. It's 20k out the door price for either.... What is the better deal?

Cool_Racer_79

Sep 10, 2016
I really appreciate all the input guys! I'm not really not sure I like the paddle shifters. So the yxz is not really a contender. I'm more about the pluses and minuses between the maverick and the XP.
Also, check this out. I went to my local dealer and they sell rzr and mav XDS. The mav is turbo. The Polaris is not. Both are the 2 seater and 2017 model. It's 20k out the door price for either.... What is the better deal?
$20K for either of those 2 is way too much. When I was looking to buy last year, I also considered a XP1000 and a Mav XDS. My local dealerships in GA and SC were willing to sell me either for about $18k OTD.

Cool_Racer_79

Sep 10, 2016
Pretty much what cool racer said is true. I've got an 1000xp that I race and literally everything in the suspension ends up needing changed if you plan on racing where as the yxz's are a lot stronger from the factory. That being said I ride the same place he does (Durhamtown) and if your just going to trail ride I think the yxz would be a nuisance on the trails compared to the Rzr and the Rzr will hold up fine on trails. If your more of a racer (short courses) save yourself the headache and go get a yxz, I would have if they were out when I bought mine and they're cheaper.
Fizzz, I love the YXZ in the trails. I keep it in 2nd or 3rd most of the time depending on the trail. I will agree that the YXZ is not the best choice for under 5mph driving while you hold a beer, lol. But since I'm not one of those guys, it works out fine. I'm in love with the exhaust sound, no need for audio system as it's music to my ears!!!

On a serious note. If you like trail riding in a group the YXZ is not the best choice unless you are always in the lead. I hate following behind people as you have to work the clutch more. I prefer riding solo so I don't have to wiry about any body's pace and distance! In the end is all about personal preference, riding style and how deep your purse is!!!

fizzz85

Oct 14, 2015
Fizzz, I love the YXZ in the trails. I keep it in 2nd or 3rd most of the time depending on the trail. I will agree that the YXZ is not the best choice for under 5mph driving while you hold a beer, lol. But since I'm not one of those guys, it works out fine. I'm in love with the exhaust sound, no need for audio system as it's music to my ears!!!

On a serious note. If you like trail riding in a group the YXZ is not the best choice unless you are always in the lead. I hate following behind people as you have to work the clutch more. I prefer riding solo so I don't have to wiry about any body's pace and distance! In the end is all about personal preference, riding style and how deep your purse is!!!

Haha ya the yxz takes the win on sound for sure

Reactions: Cool_Racer_79

MJADAMS

Mar 18, 2017
Where do you guys find deals like these? Out here in California everyone wants an arm and a leg for their stuff. New and uses.
$20K for either of those 2 is way too much. When I was looking to buy last year, I also considered a XP1000 and a Mav XDS. My local dealerships in GA and SC were willing to sell me either for about $18k OTD.

Cool_Racer_79

Sep 10, 2016
Where do you guys find deals like these? Out here in California everyone wants an arm and a leg for their stuff. New and uses.

Funny you asked Bro! I did mentioned Georgia (GA) and South Carolina (SC).

MJADAMS

Mar 18, 2017
Funny you asked Bro! I did mentioned Georgia (GA) and South Carolina (SC).

I know. What I meant was where on the west coast can I find deals like these? Shipping from Georgia would be about the same as the savings I would get in buying out of state. I was wondering too what time of year people were finding these deals? Maybe that has something to do with it.
PS.
After going to the deal today I'm pretty hot to trot on getting one. Still not sure between the two. Prices are similar. I wish there was an easy answer! The turbo is pretty cool! Lol. And I really like the fit and finish of the mav. But all the videos I see comparing the two rzr always seems to have an eaiser go of things. Plus I like the bed on the rzr. Also, I got a chance to look at the X3. Totally bad ass! Didn't drive it but the stats are out of this world!

MJADAMS

Mar 18, 2017
I have friends with the Maverick. One of them sold his. I have not been overly impressed with the long term durability of the Maverick. The stock clutching is nothing wonder and be belt eaters. They are a pain in the ass to work on as your have to remove the plastic panels around the engine. In my opinion they do not handle that well compared to the XP1000. Not much aftermarket support for the Maverick compared to the XP1000.

Used I would look at getting the XP1000. Lots of great deals

I would not waist the money on the 2015 Turbo Maverick. The clutch set up needs some help, the suspension in stock from needs work and the rear suspension set up is just odd. Another thing to consider is the Maverick is a pain in the ass to work on. You have to remove the engine cover to get to the motor that sits between you and your passenger. Maintenance on the Maverick is more time consuming. They do not give you great access. Also if you do a lot of technical trail riding you will not like the 4wd set up.

Aftermarket support for the Maverick is just okay. You can pretty much go to any popular riding area and be able to find parts for the XP.

You already drove your friends XP, so you know how it drives.

If you are considering a Can Am, I would only be looking at the X-3.

If you do not have get a SXS right now, then I would wait until you see the new Wildcat XX in person and see what Polaris may release this summer. The pricing on the X-3 is coming down as well.

If you really want the turbo Maverick there are several dealers just sitting on 2016 models and offering huge discounts. Once the X-3 came out nobody was interested in the turbo Maverick.
Thanks for mentioning dealerships! That was a good call. I saw a few good deals there today!

Cool_Racer_79

Sep 10, 2016
My bad Bro, I couldn't resist on being a smart ass.

If I had to pick between the Polaris RZR and the Maverick XDS, I would've picked the XDS. Better fit and finish and you get more for your money.

Now, call me Bias, but I will stand my ground on the YXZ being better than both. If $ is not an issue, get the X3 hands down.

MJADAMS

Mar 18, 2017
It's all good! It's better to be a smart ass than a dumb ass! Lol. And money is always an issue! That's just life. Just ask my wife. Ha ha. I don't think an X3 is in my future.

Reactions: Cool_Racer_79

MJADAMS

Mar 18, 2017
So here is an update. I found a plc route here that sells the rzr 1000 XP for 18k. That's out the door price! And they do it all day long! I'm. Thinking that's my calling! Lol. Almost everyone on here seems to like the rzr XP 1000better than the XDS turbo it seems. You all are the experts. Thanks!

Cool_Racer_79

Sep 10, 2016
So here is an update. I found a plc route here that sells the rzr 1000 XP for 18k. That's out the door price! And they do it all day long! I'm. Thinking that's my calling! Lol. Almost everyone on here seems to like the rzr XP 1000better than the XDS turbo it seems. You all are the experts. Thanks!
I'm glad you found a good deal that works for you. Enjoy riding!!! Post some pictures here when you get it.

Reactions: MJADAMS

sand shark

Mar 30, 2009
West Hills, CA
That is a great price OTD.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000