Utah sxs race, any interest?

deviant_illusion

go to the UTVUnderground where there is cool SHIAT
Feb 4, 2009
WVC, UT
I have strongly been tossing around the idea if doing a sxs race next spring at delle.
My thoughts:
Less abusive then a traditional style desert course. (Stock friendly)

30ish mile track each driver takes two runs. Thinking either take the best of the 2 or average both time together.

5min spacing with the hope of some what eliminating dust

class rules to allow for competitive racing

30 driver max entry it will make for a full day of racing but allow this to be a day event so camping and hotels would not be needed.

still waiting on a few quotes for items like insurance and porta potty but I'm thinking I can keep entry fees under $200.

No cash payback but I have talked with a few companies that will help with prizes and if I get serious about this I will push hard for other sponsors.

At this point I am looking for interest. I will need to start working with blm within a month or so to geta permit but am not interested if no one is interested in a closer race in the format listed above.

Any feedback?

deviant_illusion

Feb 4, 2009
WVC, UT
I had a meeting with a few people from the BLM today. Delle is a no go due to several reasons 90% of them being it will cost a lot and I mean a lot of money to do a race there. Even then it would be on the north side so Delle is a bust.
BUT don’t lose hope. The field officer over the knolls area has no problems with a race in that area. I am going to redo all my applications and operation forms and start over. I need to gps a course any feedback on what type of terrain you guys would like? The Knolls has it all.
Mark your calendars boys and girls March 16th 2013
So feedback.
How do you feel about a knolls race? This would be a course set for sxs not dirt bikes.
Miles? Im still thinking 30ish mile loop with each machine running two heats. (can be different driver each heat) but im open on this
Stock machine friendly.
Any other suggestions or feedback welcome.

deviant_illusion

Feb 4, 2009
WVC, UT
Sponsor Proposal letter going out this week. Does anyone have any contacts they think may be interested in supporting SxS racing in Utah?

Tbbarber

Jul 20, 2012
Roy, Utah
A family member owns a computer shop and has been a sponsor in the Morgan mini moto. They said they may be interested. PM me more info please.

deviant_illusion

Feb 4, 2009
WVC, UT
In an effort to stay married I will be selling shirts to help cover part of the cost of this race. I am already into it a couple hundred bucks and haven't even done anything yet. lol

Watch for them for sale soon on our web site.

deviant_illusion

Feb 4, 2009
WVC, UT
Will be out at the knolls Saturday with the Teryx and can hand deliver any shirts if people want to meet up and make some promo video with me.

http://utahoffroadadventure.com/store.html
Had a fun day trip to the knolls Saturday and was able to meet Nogd in person. My boys had so much fun playing in that hole with his daughter I think I own her money for babysitting. Had a fun ride and the teryx 4.0 family wagon ran good and can even hit the whoops faster then before.

deviant_illusion

Feb 4, 2009
WVC, UT
Update time:

So far Utah Side by Side Group is the only sponsor we have that has committed. I ask every one interested to follow this link download the sponsor proposal letter and pass it along to your dealer, parts suppliers or any other contact you have that may be interested. I have contacted tons of places with little luck. With the huge popularity of UTV's right now these people are making money off of us don't be afraid to ask them to support us back. Me asking a dealer to support us is one thing but 5 or 10 of their customers asking is another.
http://www.utahoffroadadventure.com/race.html

I have shirts for sale on the site to help raise money to put on this race. I do realize $15 is a lot for a t-shirt but I am making $10 per shirt not counting my labor to make them. So far I have only had one shirt sold.

I honestly thought bringing a SxS race into Utah that would be set up for the average joe would not only be a blast but would allow us to get to know some of our supporting business in our areas and meet new people. Since I promised my wife I was no longer going to race I wanted to do this to stay involved. So far I have to admit I am surprised at the lack of support or interest in this event.
My next meeting with the BLM is October 26th. If I don't see a change in interest or sponsor support before then I am going to pull the plug on this race. I cant see continuing to spend the time and money to put on this event if I am the only one interested.

I really want to see this event happen but if Im going to do it it has to be more then people paying to run my timed loop. Sponsors Supporting us with prizes or money for the racers is really what I need.

Thanks, Jacob

deviant_illusion

Feb 4, 2009
WVC, UT
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nc9HCvgAQH8&feature=plcp"]Knolls SxS Assault - YouTube[/ame]
Sorry Everyone

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000