UTV driver on Ford's Octane Academy Season2

JCCBURT

Dec 7, 2012
Los Angeles
Just

thought I would pass on the info... I got lucky and was one of the 24 finalists picked for Ford's Octane Academy Season 2...

I am a UTV racer and a UTVUG junkie... just thought ya'll might like to see where we stack up against the competition... don't worry I will continue the quest for UTVs on earning respect from others outside of the UTV world as real drivers and real machines...

Airs June 17th on NBC sports and NBC after that...

JCCBURT

Dec 7, 2012
Los Angeles
it is! and all I can say was last yr was a little bit of a joke as they did the castings from online submission videos in which you couldn't show yourself driving... so a bunch of blow hards got picked...

This yr they had tryouts around the country... and some decent talent showed up... driving instructor, ARCA driver, karters, drifters... etc etc.

won't be anything like last yr... no gimmick challenges that have nothing to do with driving... thank god!

JCCBURT

Dec 7, 2012
Los Angeles
Thank you! It airs tomorrow night on NBC sports for anyone interested...

<IFRAME height=315 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/joX4a6uFn-s" frameBorder=0 width=560 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

TTSH

Aug 23, 2011
Nothing like jumping someone else's Ford Raptor!!!! Deegans a bad a$$ too, you got lucky with that one.

JCCBURT

Dec 7, 2012
Los Angeles
thanks a lot man... was so damn stressful, I wish I could have enjoyed it... just wanted to win bad, I need this one...

I keep trying to envision my strategy going into the final, whether I should immerse myself in the thoughts and get used to the stress of how much this means to me... or whether I should just stay away from the thoughts and keep my mind clear and see what happens on that day...

I cant help but feel that even that is an important decision...

right now I am leaning towards keep my head clear and letting the chips fall on that day...

to be honest I just want this to be over... the wait is very difficult...

JCCBURT

Dec 7, 2012
Los Angeles
Ya, I agree... decided that's my game plan and I'm sticking to it...

For those of you that missed the episode... here it is...

<IFRAME height=315 src="//www.youtube.com/embed/_Idl5wuTu9c?list=PLOafCd8Cya4zD7jztM2eFCZZo_QH-9IRP" frameBorder=0 width=560 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

JCCBURT

Dec 7, 2012
Los Angeles
Ya TTSH, I tore the wheel wells out of mine, though going through the last turn in the final that I broke it...

told the people at Ford and the production company.... "you know we are going to total these trucks right? the way the course is setup and what you are asking means its whoever destroys the truck but gets it across finish line who wins.............. So you guys are ok with that? (more silence)....... oooooooooooooook!"

the noises the roof was making through the whoops and table tops was painful to listen to...

the engineers said that in all the promotional days and all the events they have done since the Raptor has come out they have never seen the wheel wells tore out of one...

It was fun ;-P

TTSH

Aug 23, 2011
Ya TTSH, I tore the wheel wells out of mine, though going through the last turn in the final that I broke it...

told the people at Ford and the production company.... "you know we are going to total these trucks right? the way the course is setup and what you are asking means its whoever destroys the truck but gets it across finish line who wins.............. So you guys are ok with that? (more silence)....... oooooooooooooook!"

the noises the roof was making through the whoops and table tops was painful to listen to...

the engineers said that in all the promotional days and all the events they have done since the Raptor has come out they have never seen the wheel wells tore out of one...

It was fun ;-P
Classic!

LORENZ

Lorenz Industries - UTVUnderground Approved
Feb 11, 2009
I didn't have the time to skim through 40 minutes of film, but what did they have you guys doing in the Raptor that let you put a beating on them so hard hat you ripped the wheel wells out of the truck.

JCCBURT

Dec 7, 2012
Los Angeles
what did they have you guys doing in the Raptor that let you put a beating on them so hard hat you ripped the wheel wells out of the truck.

LOORRS SC track in stock trucks... whoops and everything...

for those of you that missed the finals...

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/6N3640RFSKM?list=PLrChGrFAeXRRa0l3sTjtOXBPld79uWcnV" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000