UTV racing at Crandon?

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
WORCS / ISA style rules, GNCC adapted, prize purses, THE BIG HOUSE, CRANDON! ITS ON!!

Can we get some of this Mad Media love???
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwuE9tlyG2A"]The Big House: Monster Energy Off-Road Team takes on Crandon - YouTube[/ame]

Poopy

May 16, 2013
Wow that'd be cool, it might be the only way a lot of us could ever race that epic event!

c&c rhino

UTVUnderground SXS Tech - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 18, 2009
lake elsinore, ca
i would love to go back to crandon and race my sr1. if you can afford to go, do it. even if its just to watch. best track hands down.

mc93yj

Mar 29, 2010
hobart indiana
I woukd depending on when,how much it would cost,and what kind of rules we would be following.I live in Northwest Indiana so its only a few hrs away

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
I think we got to have a Production 1000 stand alone class - SR1 - and a combined 700/850 Class. Depending on class size would depend on if each class would run separately in their own race or combined.

From what I understand, Crandon's track is massive so it could be ran all at once with SR1 being sent off first, 1000 2nd row then 800/750 3rd row.

c&c rhino

UTVUnderground SXS Tech - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 18, 2009
lake elsinore, ca
its way bigger than anything we have joey. sr1's will be flying. first turn who knows what gear. trucks come it at just over a hundred.

dnf736

Retired - And Still UTVUNderground Approved!!!!
Jan 15, 2009
Alpine, CA
What classes do you think we should allow?
My .02, Since there is no Production Rule when it comes to building UTV's like there is motocross bikes you need to cater to the majority.
Lucas Regional Rules.

Stock XP, by far the most popular UTV out there and would give you the biggest class turn out.

Open, for those who are built, or a brand other than Polaris.

850. Second biggest class out there.

Problem with SR1 is there are only about 8-10 drivers that should be going Crandon fast, I would be worried about someone getting seriously injured as the SR1's can go Prolite speeds but not everyone has the skill to drive at that level, heck not everyone in Prolite has the skill to drive at that level for that matter. Just because you can doesn't mean you should, know what I mean?

Edit, Plus, two of the biggest competitors in SR1 most likely would not be able to participate due to conflict of interest. Corry and Jason.

Last edited:

Kilgore23

Dec 12, 2012
From one of the guys who doesn't have the skill for SR1 speed, I'd be ALL ABOUT IT!!! Crandon = Epic!!

dnf736

Retired - And Still UTVUNderground Approved!!!!
Jan 15, 2009
Alpine, CA
From one of the guys who doesn't have the skill for SR1 speed, I'd be ALL ABOUT IT!!! Crandon = Epic!!
Be careful what you wish for.

Sorry to be captain buzzkill, A gentle reminder for those who either have forgotten or didnt know. Last I heard he still doesnt have full use of his left arm.

If they do open it up to UTV please be careful.

2/12/2011

Mark Turner Injured at the ASCC Season Opener

After racing in the infamous King of the Hammers UTV race on Thursday, Mark “Iron Man†Turner was back in the driver seat Saturday morning for the season opener of the Arizona regional Lucas Oil Series. Unfortunately, an incident during practice resulted in Turner being injured. Speculation on exactly what happened and the extent of Turner’s injuries has been rampant since the disastrous practice session; hopefully this communication will help dispel the rumors.
Though it is unknown whether the accident started as the result of a mechanical failure or something else, what is known is that Turner’s UTV started sliding sideways on the front straight of the Speedworld track about four laps into his practice session. The conditions were very muddy, making it difficult to correct the slide. Just when he needed a break, however, the car caught a rut, causing the car to begin rolling over sideways. At some point during the roll, Turner’s window net failed, which allowed his left arm to be outside the car. Based on his subsequent injuries, it is assumed that his arm was briefly pinned between the rollcage and the ground during one of the three rotations. His helmet also became dislodged during the event, but thankfully no serious head or neck injury took place.
Aside from some fairly significant bruising and a few cuts, Turner suffered a fractured left arm and a broken collarbone. Though still hospitalized, Turner is expected to make a full recovery following surgery to repair some damage sustained to his arm. The Turner Racing Team expects Mark to be back behind the wheel in no time, and probably well before his doctors give him the full green light to do so. Mark is in good spirits and thanks everyone for their thoughts, prayers, and support.
Original thread

Bajaxp

SXS Racer Extraordinaire - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 21, 2010
OC
UTV's + Crandon = AWESOME!!!!
I agree that it would be awesome. But when making classes, I would ask what killed the Pro Class at Lucas. IMHO, it was allowing unlimited engine mods. This caused a an engine war between Polaris and Kawasaki and there was a ton of money spent and a lot of motors 'hand grenaded.' This caused the class to eventually shrink. Soooo...I would recommend some sort of engine restriction in order to keep cost down, eg claimer rule, or sealed motors, bolt on only parts, or ??? Anyway my $.02 pesos and it would be AWESOME (particularly if it got TV time).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000