UTV WINTER NATIONALS Parker “250” Presented By Polaris

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
So it looks as if GMZ is a title sponsor of the whole Parker 250 event, with Polaris, Magnum Off Road, Assault & KMC sponsoring different UTV classes and races.

The kids race & short course part of this even is very much like the UTVWC. I'm guessing this was Casey idea? Or atleast he is supporting and running the event. I wonder if his plan is to do this format at multiple (maybe 3 races) through out the year? Making it a mini BITD series of its own? Casey could use this to support some other Bike races or part of the old Bluewater / New Tonaph race in October. The multiple dates make me think they could add this UTV format the day before the big race.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
What did GMZ do that's the same? I thought this was the BITD Parker 250 mile race, unlike the UTVWC which is a two day short, multi lap race.

Is it because it looks like they added a stock production class? Could this have been a BITD decision? I would assume the stock class would just race in the "Python" as Casey likes to call it?
The desert race is still the Parker 250 yes. But they came to BITD to sponsor the race and essentially create their own UTVWC race by adding production and youth races.

Last edited:

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
Joey take it as a compliment I guess. It happened with my Best of the Best Shootout that I promoted and used MDR as my series to run my race at. Later a few other classes did the same thing with other promoters, minus the big payouts and contingency I was able to put together. I was totally fine with it, as mine was a one & done race.

I'm sure without GMZ putting up the title sponsor cash, this extra event on top of the 250 would not be happening, and I don't think anyone expects it to be as showy as the UTVWC. But like you said it's Caseys series and he probably sees it as a win /win for him. One BLM permit for that week, and there is not really going to be any extra effort or expense as far as course prep or equipment needed. And the extra cash flow for Casey is a huge draw. Then it looks like Casey was able to sell sponsorships to other UTV companies in exchange for giving them class & race titles. Again more revinue for BITD.

I could also see Casey adding this format to a few more races through out the year if this works for him. It's a double edge sward when you bring a new idea or format to a big established series. It worked great for you guys as Casey has the contacts, and ability to run the actual race program, and you had the concept and funding to get it going. The down side is If it works and the promoter can make money at it, why not do it some more and why need the creator as you have to tools to do it alone.

GMZRP

Oct 3, 2012
The only thing we at GMZ are trying to do is help grow the sport of UTV racing as much as possible. We are just trying to give people another fun, somewhat affordable event to be able to race in with as many prizes, and as much event payout as possible to the racers. We have even given all our competitors and all media outlets a chance to be involved in this great event as well. The UTV Winter Nationals will be fun for the whole family with three Polaris vehicles up for grabs with one of those Polaris RZR's being raffled off to anyone who purchases the winning ticket with the proceeds going to the Warfighter Made charity. I can't wait to see some action packed racing and hope to see everyone there!! Cheers

george.felix

George
Jan 11, 2015
Houston, Texas
Utvwc was a great format and a lot of fun and still the #1 Utv only race imo. I think to try and adopt some of the same format is a credit to how great an event utvwc is.

Now about Robby.....how many racers are going to be able to tell their kids and grandkids they raced with and beat Robby Gordon....:)

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
The only thing we at GMZ are trying to do is help grow the sport of UTV racing as much as possible. We are just trying to give people another fun, somewhat affordable event to be able to race in with as many prizes, and as much event payout as possible to the racers. We have even given all our competitors and all media outlets a chance to be involved in this great event as well. The UTV Winter Nationals will be fun for the whole family with three Polaris vehicles up for grabs with one of those Polaris RZR's being raffled off to anyone who purchases the winning ticket with the proceeds going to the Warfighter Made charity. I can't wait to see some action packed racing and hope to see everyone there!! Cheers
I'm probably wrong for overthinking the concept or the format of the UTVWC ever came up in your planning, schedule, marketing, etc. Coincidence I suppose. Whatever, it is what it is. Hope you guys have a great event.

Reactions: george.felix

GMZRP

Oct 3, 2012
I'm probably wrong for overthinking the concept or the format of the UTVWC ever came up in your planning, schedule, marketing, etc. Coincidence I suppose. Whatever, it is what it is. Hope you guys have a great event.
Ya we can't wait should be fun. We believe you have a great event as well so we will be there supporting the sport and all of our racers.

Reactions: george.felix

kmb760

Mar 28, 2013
Noticed Marc Burnett is listed as racing a Polaris, not Can Am. Robby Gordon is listed in Pro Turbo (Let the whining continue) Lots of Can Am's in the Pro Turbo (assuming most will be X3's)

What's the difference between the #900 Pro Turbo & #4500 Production Turbo classes?
Kinda weird that Marc is still listed as driving a Polaris unless his X3 is not race ready yet and is just going in as a privateer. Can you switch manufactures and vehicles in the middle of a season?

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
Kinda weird that Marc is still listed as driving a Polaris unless his X3 is not race ready yet and is just going in as a privateer. Can you switch manufactures and vehicles in the middle of a season?
Sure you could race a different vehicle or with a different team in each race and it would not effect the points as it's based on the Driver of Record. Not the team or car. Now if Marc signed with Can Am to race their product for the full 2016 season, then he might have a contractual issue with Can Am. But only Marc knows his contract, maybe his racing commitment does not actually start after the Parker race? I know Marc is smart enough to not breach his contract by driving another brand while under contract.

cocojoe

May 14, 2012
last season is last season, everyone seems to agree, so why are they doing what they are doing, I'm sure someone thinks it's a good idea, guess they can come one here and explain why it is a good idea

GMZRP

Oct 3, 2012
So Polaris had offered up a Rzr, which class or race is that for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The winner of the 170 class wins a rzr and the overall fastest race time between the Production short corse classes wins the other one. The third one will be a giveaway car to help raise money for Warfighter Made charity.

Reactions: SimsMotorsports

george.felix

George
Jan 11, 2015
Houston, Texas
  •  All participants must wear SFI fire suits.

•  Vehicles must be equipped with 3” wide 5 point racing harnesses.

•  A Snell approved helmet must be worn with eye protection.

•  Factory and aftermarket roll cages are permitted but must have fully enclosed doors. Doors must be

secured so they cannot open during the race. ie... Hose clamp or zip ties.

•  Roll cages must have a 6 point mounting system to the chassis.

•  Roll cages must have a roof panel.

•  Vehicles must be equipped with a driver side window net.

•  Aftermarket ECU’s are not permitted.

•  All race vehicles brands must retain the corresponding engine brand.

•  Race vehicles must have and easily accessible fire extinguisher or fire suppression system installed.

•  All race vehicles must retain stock location suspension mounting locations.

•  1-hour timed race

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
I like the pit stop competition!!

Score used to do these. My team made lots of money winning these. We practiced and trained for these competitions. It was great as you were on the stop watch, but for show you were racing another team. Many times we got paired up with class 10 or class 1 teams. We would smoke them every time with a 5/1600. Once we got paired up with the Lofton/Julson Jimco class 1 that we helped pit and shared some Baja pits with. We smoked them and got first in overall time. Lofton looked at Mike Julson and said they've been sand bagging us!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000