UTVUnderground 2014 Can-Am Maverick Max BUILD Thread

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
With suspension pretty much done we have moved onto the cage.

I want a low, flat top, old school inspired desert style cage. This way I could opt in the future for a roof rack if I wanted one.

Weight is always a concern of mine so Tom is doing just what is necessary for now.

We will work on a seat drop next.

badassmav

Jun 11, 2013
Jamul
With suspension pretty much done we have moved onto the cage.

I want a low, flat top, old school inspired desert style cage. This way I could opt in the future for a roof rack if I wanted one.

Weight is always a concern of mine so Tom is doing just what is necessary for now.

We will work on a seat drop next.

Next to the cage on the Monster Mav, yours is the lowest cage I've seen. Let me offer to you Joey two valuable points. First, the height of the roof line looks at least as low as ours. Because our cage is so low (although it looks cool), the motor is too large to be removed through the side window. If you add door bars, be sure to incorporate tube clamps in the passenger side, OR ELSE you will be stuck with removing the motor out through the front window area. This means that above pulling the driveshafts, which means you have to first slide the front and rear diffs back, which includes splitting the ball joints and pulling off the brake calipers so the axles can be yanked out, then un-bolting and sliding back the diffs. Now, to get the motor to squeeze through the windshield opening, the the glove box, grab bar, side kicker panels (passenger side motor shroud), floorboard raiser and passenger seat need to come out of the way.

Now, the passenger side bodywork that makes up the hood is still in the way and on our brilliant car (and I'm being sarcastic here), the center console, which is the heart of our cars wiring center has to come out. An easy days worth of work to effectively navigate through all of that wiring. Better be sure to install tubing clamps on any vertical windshield bars that you add, because they will be coming out too! Oh, the hood assembly means that you are pulling out the headlights, and 6 pieces of plastic that are so ignorantly interlocked by the BRP engineers, that you will create a whole new variety off cuss words in removing them.

Suffice it to say that you DO NOT want to eliminate the passenger side door areas a means of egress for the motor. As you can see, I finally modified our door bars to accept tubing clamps. The second "red flag" I see is that the driver seat can not go down much lower than it already is, due to the CVT cover bulging out underneath it. The concern for larger fellows like Marc and yourself is now head clearance, since you are probably replacing the stock seat with aftermarket racing style ones that take up more room.

Wait a minute. I'm an idiot! I just realized that you are building a Max with the rear- mounted motor placement. (I can imagine all of the "anti-Reids" out there right now murmuring to themselves about my ignorance!)

Well, like Rosanna Rosanna-danna would say...........never mind! Since I took the time to type it, by god, I'm sending it.

Attachments

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Next to the cage on the Monster Mav, yours is the lowest cage I've seen. Let me offer to you Joey two valuable points. First, the height of the roof line looks at least as low as ours. Because our cage is so low (although it looks cool), the motor is too large to be removed through the side window. If you add door bars, be sure to incorporate tube clamps in the passenger side, OR ELSE you will be stuck with removing the motor out through the front window area. This means that above pulling the driveshafts, which means you have to first slide the front and rear diffs back, which includes splitting the ball joints and pulling off the brake calipers so the axles can be yanked out, then un-bolting and sliding back the diffs. Now, to get the motor to squeeze through the windshield opening, the the glove box, grab bar, side kicker panels (passenger side motor shroud), floorboard raiser and passenger seat need to come out of the way.

Now, the passenger side bodywork that makes up the hood is still in the way and on our brilliant car (and I'm being sarcastic here), the center console, which is the heart of our cars wiring center has to come out. An easy days worth of work to effectively navigate through all of that wiring. Better be sure to install tubing clamps on any vertical windshield bars that you add, because they will be coming out too! Oh, the hood assembly means that you are pulling out the headlights, and 6 pieces of plastic that are so ignorantly interlocked by the BRP engineers, that you will create a whole new variety off cuss words in removing them.

Suffice it to say that you DO NOT want to eliminate the passenger side door areas a means of egress for the motor. As you can see, I finally modified our door bars to accept tubing clamps. The second "red flag" I see is that the driver seat can not go down much lower than it already is, due to the CVT cover bulging out underneath it. The concern for larger fellows like Marc and yourself is now head clearance, since you are probably replacing the stock seat with aftermarket racing style ones that take up more room.

Wait a minute. I'm an idiot! I just realized that you are building a Max with the rear- mounted motor placement. (I can imagine all of the "anti-Reids" out there right now murmuring to themselves about my ignorance!)

Well, like Rosanna Rosanna-danna would say...........never mind! Since I took the time to type it, by god, I'm sending it.
You're a special kind of nuts... i like it.. lol

Not to make your head hurt worse, but if came down to it, we could always just unbolt the cage lol

M@VR!CK

Apr 10, 2013
I grew up in Danville, I currently live in SoCal tho.

Hi Grant,

I have two homes one in Concord and the other up in Mccloud

Both are at the base of the Mountain

One at the Base of Mt Diablo

The other at the base of Mt-Shasta

We split our time between both:)

You here in the Bay-Area?

badassmav

Jun 11, 2013
Jamul
Un-Bolt the Cage

Now that is Funny...LMAO

Thats to easy to un-bolt the Cage

Guess Reid thought you had Cage welded to frame...

Like There's...Like That!
I did assume that. I seem to have a habit of making assumptions. In looking at looking at things, I think I sometimes create problems, just so I can solve them, in the most complex way possible:confused:. I know the neurons in my brain are misfiring. It is so aggravating always being tugged on by myself.

Not wanting to hurt my brain. Now there's a funny one! There is a never ending battle that is going on inside of my head, and it drives me nuts:eek:! It's really loud in there. It sucks because you cant just walk away and go talk to someone else, it follows me everywhere I go! No, I don't think you can add much more hurt to this brain!!

Beach Leo

Way-Good
Mar 6, 2011
Mt Shasta & Mt Diablo
I did assume that. I seem to have a habit of making assumptions. In looking at looking at things, I think I sometimes create problems, just so I can solve them, in the most complex way possible:confused:. I know the neurons in my brain are misfiring. It is so aggravating always being tugged on by myself.

Not wanting to hurt my brain. Now there's a funny one! There is a never ending battle that is going on inside of my head, and it drives me nuts:eek:! It's really loud in there. It sucks because you cant just walk away and go talk to someone else, it follows me everywhere I go! No, I don't think you can add much more hurt to this brain!!
Reid I really Love the way you explain and see things

You Bring a lotta life and Info to this board

I believe we all have that never ending battle going on inside our heads

Thinking is about the hardest thing one can do

Thinking is the hardest part of any-job for that matter

On the average we have somewhere around

twenty five thousand thoughts going on during the day and night

With that amount we all can be assured of the great head battle always happening:eek:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000