UTVUnderground.com Can-AM MAVERICK 1000R

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Can-Am just contacted us to let us know that our new 2013 Can-AM Maverick 1000R is being shipped out! Looks like we will have another machine to play with this season. Our first call was to the boys at FOX to get our shocks lined up. They will be sending us a set of Kashima Coated 2.5" coil overs. From there, we are up in the air on what we want to do...

Got any ideas?? What would you like to see us do this machine???

desertwheeler

Extra Crispy
Oct 25, 2011
Barstow
Other than a comparison to the rzr and wildcat. Love to see a sweet cage and bumpers with a nice light setup.... Well that's what's I wanna do anyways lol.

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
First give it to Chris at benchmark to get rid of the drive by wire issues.

Then

Magnum style the rear end, custom cage with no effin radius. Nice hard lines on doors and cage. Then slap some badass seats in it.

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
Before you start modifying & bolting on aftermarket stuff I would like to see real world comparisons to the other comparable SXS. Maybe run it for awhile in stock form and see how it holds up after 500 miles on it. Find out where is it's weaknesses and strengths are.

Once all that is done then start adding improvements and see how much improvement you can make and then compare dollar for dollar the mods to this UTV vs. other UTV's.

justinsrex

Nov 8, 2009
Imperial Valley
Don't forget, this machine is going to be used to make money so don't expect it to stay stock. None of them do.

It would be nice to see it stay stock rather than run it to a site sponsor for immediate upgrades. Compare it to the other vehicles that you have been given by other manufactures, offer site members an opportunity to see/ride in it during the comparison and get multiple opinions of how it truly does off the showroom floor.

ALBANATE

Feb 13, 2012
How about some baseline dyno pulls on our dyno to compare to all the other machines. Lets see how all that hp looks at the ground...

Nate
Alba Racing

crazywatson

#13 - UTVUnderground Approved
Jul 30, 2009
Redwood City
Drive the crap out of it. Put some accessories on it but nothing that will keep it off the trail to long or make it unreliable. I like Nate's idea too.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Bajaxp

SXS Racer Extraordinaire - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 21, 2010
OC
Yes...some dyno pulls with 'Premium Unleaded' then with 87 octane. A guy who is affiliated with Canned Ham told me there is a BIG drop off in performance. But only the dyno can tell...:)

steino411

American Pride
Jan 3, 2011
San Diego
Before you start modifying & bolting on aftermarket stuff I would like to see real world comparisons to the other comparable SXS. Maybe run it for awhile in stock form and see how it holds up after 500 miles on it. Find out where is it's weaknesses and strengths are.

Once all that is done then start adding improvements and see how much improvement you can make and then compare dollar for dollar the mods to this UTV vs. other UTV's.
X2, lets see what it does stock before "fixing" it.

justinsrex

Nov 8, 2009
Imperial Valley
Do you have to pay for these machines from the factory JoeyD??
I seriously doubt it. Maybe $1 so that they can legally hand it over. And all the upgrades, I doubt those too. It's called "sponsorship". Do you see how many vehicles are in the "stable"? No way all that is paid for by one person.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000