UTVUnderground.com Celebrates 6 Year Anniversary

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Well, I didn't realize it until people started congratulating me on LinkedIn (I still don't know how that site works) that the other day was the 6th year anniversary of the launch of UTVUnderground.com.

We have come a long way since the day we popped this site off, but we are still very much the same guys, still doing the same stuff we were doing back in 2009.

I say WE because it wasn't just me who launched this site. Yes, I was the driving force, the face, etc but there was a team, a group of guys who helped me make this site into what it was. 2 guys really were there with me and that was Rusty of course and Dan from Magnum offroad. Without those 2 guys there is no way this site would have happened. We would have lunch multiple times a week discussing the latest drama on RhinoForums or whatever, and then brainstorm on how if I had my own site we could take over the world.. lol

Not much has changed. We don't get to all enjoy lunch as much anymore together, but when we are in conversation we are usually talking about the same subjects. UTVs, industry stuff and how to take over the world. A couple years ago we added the Mad Media bunch to these discussions... oh man, its like North Korea up in these meetings now! lol We are out for total world DOMINATION now hahahahah

In all seriousness, this site would not have happened if it wasn't for you guys, the members. Many members have come and gone, a few have hung in here since day 1 and for that I am forever grateful. Our site has morphed from being just a forum and has turned into a full tilt industry brand, a portal for all things UTV related. We are industry shakers and shapers, we are influential and we are the premier cultural site for our sport. I truly believe that. We have our fair share of haters too who love to knock us any chance they get. They love to discredit us or find ways to devalue what we have become. And thats ok.. thats cause we are killing it!

So thank you all for making these past 6 years the most amazing 6 years of my life. I can honestly say, no bullshit, there is nothing else I would rather be doing then this right now. Its 10:30pm. My family is sleeping, I am tired but I am hungry for work. I love this job, I love this industry and sport and love this site. I built it on these long days and nights. I won't let you guys down...

Here's to another 6 years and more!

Joey D.

Reactions: 1 person

suicidejockey

LooseCannonUTV - UTVUnderground Approved
Mar 13, 2009
Heber City, UT
Congrats Joey! I've been one that has been here maybe not from day 1, maybe day 10, but it's been great to see this site and community unfold. I remember all the drama and how we went from rhino forums to rhino talk to here. This is the one that has stayed and had the influence to gain ground every year. This is the one that has changed the UTV industry and made an impact. And its all from your hard work and dedication. If I said I wasn't jealous I'd be lying. This industry is my passion and Ive loved it since I had a slow ass Polaris ranger in 2005, and working at DFR in 08 just made it stronger. It was my self appointed job to get on the forums everyday twice a day and try to change people's opinions of DFR. I took a lot of heat from everyone at first, butthat's how I've got to know most of you on here and all the other forums. So congrats again and here's to many more years!

Reactions: 1 person

Rokitman

UTVUnderground La Familia
Mar 11, 2013
Nipomo, CA
Congrats Joey and gang. Thanks for letting us La Familia folks do our thing on this forum. We appreciate it and support you all the way!:)

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
Some photos from our first event we photographed.

OG UTVUG supporter Robert VanBeekum pulled a mega hole shot at the 2009 Soboba GP.

Who can name the driver of this Rhino from 2009 Soboba GP?

GOLF CART DORK.

Cisco Kid

Puro Corazon - UTVUnderground La Famila
Apr 17, 2009
Congrats to UTV-U and having "La Familia" be part of it ;-)

Thank You ;-)

dkiewicz

Space Cadet - UTVUnderground's La Familia
Nov 28, 2009
Hesperia Ca
Some photos from our first event we photographed.

OG UTVUG supporter Robert VanBeekum pulled a mega hole shot at the 2009 Soboba GP.

Who can name the driver of this Rhino from 2009 Soboba GP?

GOLF CART DORK.
I don't know Rusty, but I see me standing on that hill back there playing Track Marshall!! This was a fun weekend.

dkiewicz

Space Cadet - UTVUnderground's La Familia
Nov 28, 2009
Hesperia Ca
Joey, we've had it all, drama, sadness, exuberation etc... and yet we have all prevailed. You've worked hard and so has everyone else in making this what it has become.

I appreciate you providing a place for us to explore and stretch our wings and share our love of off-road. You've burned the midnight oil for your passion and I applaud you. This site definitely set the bar for others to copy and it keeps on moving that bar up.

This is truly a unique experience and definitely has been fun. Keep it up!:D

rockstarcustomz

RoCkStAr CuStOm MoToRsPoRtS - UTVUnderground Appro
Sep 16, 2009
Lake Havasu City, AZ
Eric and I have been here all along too. It is seriously crazy how BIG the UTV industry has become. I do miss the old Rhino racing days. Not so much competition!!! haha Cheers to another 6 years Joey!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000