UTVUnderground // PCI Race Radios WILDCAT Radio / Intercom INSTALLATION!

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Well we completed our PCI Race Radio install today in our 2012 Arctic Cat Wildcat. PCI sent us their new Wildcat KIT that consists of the following:

Installation was a breeze and the system came complete as promised. I did my best to take some images to give you an idea of the installation but forgot my good camera so just used my iPhone.

PCI provides everything you need to make this installation easy. It did not come with instructions but it was very simple to figure out. The mounting bracket was cut perfectly and all holes lined up as they should.

Instead of cutting the console and instead of losing my access to the 12v accessory plug I did the next best thing. After removing all of the torq head screws I was able to reach behind and loosen the lock nut holding the 12v plug in place. I decided to remove it and use the hole as my access port for all my wiring. I would then drill a hole in the passenger side kick panel (console side) and re-locate the plug so that we could still use it to charge a phone or whatever we needed it for. It worked out perfectly! Do note, the main wiring harness runs inside of that panel so be careful when drilling. I just about ruined the harness! lol

This is what it will look like when complete. I used a Uni-Bit to drill it to the perfect size! I re-installed the wiring and lock nut and it was DONE!

The center console was easy to get unbolted so that you could move it around some. Be carful when taking the rubber boot off around the shifter as I did something that doesn't allow it to go back on as neatly as it did before. I will need to tackle this another day. Not a huge deal at all. The battery box is in between the driver and passenger in case you didn't know that. I didn't realize that until I pulled out the owners manual! All of the wiring ran from the 12v accessory hole all the way along the main harness to the battery. Super simple!!!

Before I tackled the install of the system I went ahead and prepped it all on the bench. You will have some access cables that need to be tied up . There is enough room between the radios and console to stash these wires.

Since I don't have a roof I decided to mount the antenna to the factory whip tab located on the Wildcat chassis just above the passenger. This was a perfect fit for the antenna base to mount too! I ran the cable down the roll bar and then tucked it behind the plastic behind the passenger seat. I ran the cable from there down and into the center console and up to the 12v accessory access hole. Again, SUPER easy!

I installed the driver push to talk (PTT) on the steering wheel using the supplied velcro mount. For the passenger I decided to drill a hole into the blank switch location in front of the shifter. This worked out perfect! Be careful and take your time as to not ruin the blank plate.

After a couple of zip ties on the cables running through the console I wire the radio and intercom to the battery and then put all the bolts back into the console except for the 2 that you use to mount the PCI bracket too. Once I tucked all the cables behind I was able to line up the holes and mount it into place. I did this all by myself with minimal tools!

The system looks and works great. We tested everything and its clear as could be!

Can't wait to try it in the desert!!

Thank you to PCI Race Radios for the awesome deal on the system! Arctic Cat for the amazing machine and Magnum Offroad for letting us use the shop to install!!

More info on the kit can be found here: Wildcat Ultimate 2 Kit Complete with Wild Cat Bracket Detail Page

Kronos

Circus Bear
Jul 11, 2014
Spring Valley
looks great. ill be doing this very soon. have to ask tho. what holds the 2 way in place in the bracket? i know its been a couple years. if you remember thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000