UTVUnderground Presents: RJ Anderson XP1K2

P

Petron

HOLY SMOKES!!!!! This is pure bad ass.

I've seen this video at least 100 times and I'm still seeing things I missed the previous time around.

RJ is a stud and lets not forget the incredible work done by Mad Media. These guys just brought us into RJ's world and made us live every nerve, anxiety, excitement, second guessing and thrill that he must have gone through.

It's productions like this and XP1K that'll make the industry step it up a notch.

Joey, thanks for bringing this to us.

I must point out, if it wasn't for the XP1K video and chatting with Joey D, I wouldn't have gone out and purchased me the RZR. These videos made me realize what I've been missing. I'm addicted to Trophy Trucks and I feel with some modifications in due time I will have what I call the next best thing to a Trophy Truck in my RZR.

PS: I'm thrilled this is my first post!

Attachments

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Huge Exposure taking place right now for XP1K2 and our sport.

Yesterday we were featured on Right This Minute, a nationally telivised program thats in 1.8 million homes! Thats huge!

Teton Gravity picked the story up and have almost 100,000 page views within a couple of hours: http://www.tetongravity.com/video/bike/insane-video-rzr-car-goes-mountain-biking

Motor Authority: http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1095305_rj-anderson-officially-loses-his-mind-in-xp1k2-video

Ammoland: http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1095305_rj-anderson-officially-loses-his-mind-in-xp1k2-video

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Its so funny. This is how lame our own sports media is.

Only a few outlets within our own sport have even covered XP1K2 as a story. Many other outlets within our own sport of UTV / ATV won't run it because its made by UTVUnderground and we are a "competitor" to them. lol Last I checked maybe 1 or 2 other people in our sport are out doing what we do in terms of creating original content like this but thats a different argument.

Remember that when you consider where you get your information from. This video is arguably the biggest thing to come out of our sport all year yet major outlets within our sport have no coverage on it. In the end it only hurts them but their biased also makes you wonder what else you aren't seeing for whatever reason. I will be the first to say, someone else puts a video like this out, I am posting it. People deserve to see it. In the end our sport grows. Sure, don't like a company or product, don't post it, but something like this thats helping propel our sport and bring new people to it to me is silly not to share.

I won't call these sites out because we are crushing the views without their support. I just wanted to vent that. I think its lame. You see all this sub-par content that a lot of these sites run everyday and then this thing gets handed to them via Polaris and they won't run it. What a joke. Thats why I believe we are the best UTV site on the web bar-none!

Rant over..

Goodtimes

Jan 17, 2009
Ramona
The Heck with them, I am going to watch it again ! They be missin out big time !

http://youtu.be/jxTvMaJBT3c

November 4, 2014, San Diego, CA-The most anticipated off-road viral video of 2014, “XP1K2†went live today at http://youtu.be/jxTvMaJBT3c. UTVUnderground.com and motorsports production powerhouse Mad Media hit the launch button this morning after debuting the new video to a crowd of thousands at Polaris Camp RZR West, in Glamis, California over the weekend.

“XP1K2†is a seven-minute onslaught of intense off-road road action, set in a massive 600-acre forest near Mt. Baker, Washington. The video stars Off-Road Racing Champion RJ Anderson, driving a custom Holz Racing built Polaris RZR XP 1000 Side-by-Side (SxS), complete with a Polaris ProStar® 1000 Muzzys Performance engine and custom Walker Evans racing shocks. The “XP1K2†crew, including Tony Vanillo and his team of dirt and ramp engineers at the Off-Road Management Group, transformed the remote wooded location into a stunning array of creative obstacles, which included more than 20 natural terrain and man-made works of (terrifying) art. Spoiler alert – RJ Anderson reclaims the world record for a distance jump in a SxS – and does so by clearing a death-defying 100-foot gap!

More than a year of planning went in to the development and execution of the “XP1K2†campaign. It took the build team of 10, more than a month to carve out the heart-stopping playground as multiple obstacles featured hand built “ladder trail†which required two to three days each to weld, cover in wood and secure safely. The Mad Media crew of 40 then spent 14 days on location battling wind, rain, mud and fog to capture each of their incredible imagined obstacles.

“We wanted every stunt in “XP1K2†to be sketchier and more gnarly than our first video. Bigger jumps, bigger gaps, crazier driving…it was all about showing the viewer that RJ is constantly on the edge of disaster,†said “XP1K2†Co-Director and Mad Media CEO Matt Martelli.

The setting for “XP1K2†was no accident. The die-hard SxS enthusiasts that frequent the forums on UTVUnderground.com have been begging for something relatable (like a full blown trail video), since XP1K went live last year.

“When we discussed the vehicles Polaris was launching in 2015, it was obvious they were putting some love and attention back into their trail riding customers, and we thought it would be fitting to give a nod to that,†said Joey DiGiovanni, CEO of UTVUnderground.com. “Of course this video showcases some extremely dangerous stunts and we don’t want anyone at home to try to replicate them! But we’re very proud of the fact that we captured that feeling of ripping up and down trails at full speed – RJ and the boys at Mad Media have once again reset the bar!â€

“XP1K2â€
Next up on the “XP1K2†calendar is a Director’s Cut, which will include loads of extra footage not used in the main clip – cut to an over-the-top soundtrack.

“There was so much great footage from this shoot it was gut-wrenching to leave out all the incredible angles we captured stunt to stunt,†said “XP1K2†Co-Director/Editor and Mad Media COO Joshua Martelli. “We wanted to keep this edit fast, loud and fluid, and not fall prey to the over-produced slo-mo reprise style that so many videos feature these days. The best compliment we’ve heard so far was from our executive producers nine year old who said it felt like a video game! Perfect.â€

An all GoPro clip and “Making Of†film are in the “XP1K2†postproduction pipeline as well.

For more information on “XP1K2â€, including a complete photo gallery and vehicle specs, visit “XP1K2â€.com

About UTVUnderground.com
UTVUnderground.com is the worlds fastest growing all-inclusive UTV website, that features content and articles by both enthusiasts and manufacturers alike. In a mere six years, it has become the go-to site for all the latest news and entertainment surrounding the UTV industry. Thousands of monthly visitors from over 100 different countries around the world go to UTVUnderground.com for their daily dose of UV news and information.

About Polaris Industries
Polaris is a recognized leader in the powersports industry with annual 2013 sales of $3.8 billion. Polaris designs, engineers, manufacturers and markets innovative, high quality off-road vehicles, including all-terrain vehicles (ATVs) and the Polaris RANGER® and RZR® side-by-side vehicles, snowmobiles, motorcycles and on-road electric/hybrid powered vehicles. Polaris is among the global sales leaders for both snowmobiled and off-road vehicles and has established a presence in the heavyweight cruiser and touring motorcycle market with the Victory and Indian Motorcycle brands. Additionally, Polaris continues to invest in the global on-road small electric/hybrid powered vehicle industry with Global Electric Motorcars (GEM), Goupil Industrie SA, Axiam Mega S.A.S., and internally developed vehicles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a complete line of Polaris engineered Parts, Accessories and Apparel, Klim branded apparel and ORV accessories under the Kolpin and Cycle Country brands. Polaris Industries Inc. trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “PIIâ€, and the Company is included in the S&P Mid-Cap 400 stock price index. Information about the complete line of Polaris products, apparel and vehicle accessories are available from authorized Polaris dealers or anytime at www.polaris.com.

P

Petron

As stated in my previous post: it's productions like this and XP1K that'll make the industry now step it up a notch.

This is now the new normal and anything less is truly standard. I gaurantee you right now your competition's jawz are hitting the ground and asking the all mighty question, how the f**k do we compete with this?

There's no doubt that a production like this costs a staggering amount of money - but I believe UTV Underground, Mad Media and all the other companies involved had a primary focus on making a quality product FIRST. When MONEY FIRST is the primary focus I believe products get sacrificed, but when your primary focus is to bring an extrodinary product to your audience then I think money will follow.

I think I'm a classic example of this as I watched XP1K, then went out and purchased the XP1000 RZR.

I think your "competition" is focused on money first and so when they see a production like this it gets them scrambling rather than promote the greater good of the industry.

Soonerjeeper

Nov 24, 2013
Its so funny. This is how lame our own sports media is.

Only a few outlets within our own sport have even covered XP1K2 as a story. Many other outlets within our own sport of UTV / ATV won't run it because its made by UTVUnderground and we are a "competitor" to them. lol Last I checked maybe 1 or 2 other people in our sport are out doing what we do in terms of creating original content like this but thats a different argument.

Remember that when you consider where you get your information from. This video is arguably the biggest thing to come out of our sport all year yet major outlets within our sport have no coverage on it. In the end it only hurts them but their biased also makes you wonder what else you aren't seeing for whatever reason. I will be the first to say, someone else puts a video like this out, I am posting it. People deserve to see it. In the end our sport grows. Sure, don't like a company or product, don't post it, but something like this thats helping propel our sport and bring new people to it to me is silly not to share.

I won't call these sites out because we are crushing the views without their support. I just wanted to vent that. I think its lame. You see all this sub-par content that a lot of these sites run everyday and then this thing gets handed to them via Polaris and they won't run it. What a joke. Thats why I believe we are the best UTV site on the web bar-none!

Rant over..

Man! You are preaching to the choir right now. I am...scratch that...was dealing with a certain guy - Let's call him Doug S. for now ;-). We have been back and forth on this very issue. In the end it comes down to his vendors and his money. So I've since left that their forum and given all my love to UTVunderground.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
There is a thread on RZR forums about the video. Sounds like most people there dig it but then there is a handful of people starting conspiracy theories on why it's to be continued.....

I will tell you with conviction, it is NOT because the RZR broke.

As a matter of fact here is a list of what broke during the entire shoot:
We bent a set of lower a-arms and lower rear radius rods on the log slide 50/50.
We broke one uniball during the thread the needle jump when RJ landed off camber into a rock. We then replaced the axle to be safe.
We cracked one fender also on thread the needle from hitting a tree. No big deal.

That's it... lol seriously. We didn't break anything on the world record jump. We always build 2 cars so we have a back up but both are 100% perfect. One was at camp RZR the other at SEMA.

RJ would practice each stunt a couple of times with a practice RZR before hitting it with a video car. Nick Nelson was on set during construction before and when RJ arrived to make sure the basics of each stunt were ready to go for RJ before he arrived to save time during filming. It took about 10 days t shoot the video but took months to construct course.

Someone can feel free to share this over there before the rumor mill gets too full of you know what.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000