UTVUnderground Presents UTV World Championship - OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com

UTVUnderground.com Presents The UTV World Championship February 19-21st Laughlin, NV
Best In The Desert to Sanction First Ever UTV World Championship – 2 Championship Races, 1 Weekend!

October 6th, 2014 San Diego, CA - UTVUnderground.com has teamed up with Mad Media and the Best in The Desert (BITD) Off-Road Racing Association to create the first ever UTV World Championship. The format will bring together desert racing, MX style short-course racing, and enthusiast rides, into one massive multi-day event on the edge of the Colorado River in Laughlin, NV. The event will also be a showcase for UTV manufacturers and after market manufacturing companies.

“The idea being the UTV World Championship was to create a single event that hosts both a championship UTV desert race and a championship UTV short-course race on one single weekend. The goal is to attract and showcase the best professional UTV racers and race teams from around the world and give them a chance to go head to head in front of a live crowd. All of the partners involved have been planning this event for several years now, and we are thrilled to be holding an event that showcases the best UTV racers on the planet, in multiple disciplines!†commented UTVUnderground.com CEO/Founder Joey “Joey D.†DiGiovanni

The four-day event format will feature one full day of racing, contingency and tech in downtown Laughlin, demo and enthusiast rides, and a business-to-business UTV industry summit. Tech and contingency will feature a manufacturers midway so enthusiasts can check out the newest stock and customized UTV models as well as the industries top aftermarket accessories. Enthusiasts and racers will be able to pre-run the actual racecourse in stock UTVs during the family fun pre-run. Classes will include a BITD Pro UTV Desert Points / Championship Race (Pro, Unlimited, Sportsman), AND Championship Pro UTV 1000cc Short Course / MX, Pro UTV 850cc Short Course / MX, and a Quads & Bikes desert race (BITD points). The course will consist of a 14.5 mile run for desert racing, and a 5-mile track for short-course / MX, with a custom moto-style (fan friendly) infield. By design, this will be the one event that brings all UTV racers from BITD, SCORE, GNCC, WORCS and the Lucas Oil Off-Road Regionals together to compete for two separate championships!

“We are super exited to launch The UTV World Championship. The UTV market is rapidly growing, and UTV’s are the ultimate gateway vehicle for off-road racing. Teaming up with Casey Folks and the Best in the Desert Off-Road Racing Association was an obvious choice. We have had a very successful partnership with Casey building The Mint 400 into the biggest off-road race on the planet. Laughlin, Nevada is the prefect setting for this new venture. It offers modern hotels, great restaurants, and lots of entertainment,†commented Mad Media CEO Matt Martelli.

About UTVUnderground.com
UTVUnderground.com is the worlds fastest growing all-inclusive UTV website, that features content and articles by both enthusiasts and manufacturers alike. In a mere six years, it has become the go-to site for all the latest news and entertainment surrounding the UTV industry. Thousands of monthly visitors from over 100 different countries around the world go to UTVUnderground.com for their daily dose of UTV news and information.

More:
www.UTVWorldChampionship.com
www.facebook.com/UTVWorldChampionship

Sponsorship Inquires:
Matt Martelli
[email protected]

SHARE THIS IMAGE ON INSTAGRAM!!

badassmav

Jun 11, 2013
Jamul
Is this event a scheduled BITD points event, and are the points part of the 2015 BITD season points championship? 14.5 miles is the lap mileage, or total race miles? Is there qualifying? How much are the entry fees? Is it run on the land just northwest of the Ramada Express like the Laughlin races in the past? C'mon Joey, more info!

staggs

Feb 20, 2011
so will there be qualifying? cause obviously your going to get a lot of entries so I am curious how it will be handled or will this be a invite event? :D this will be awesome good work to everyone involved who worked to make this possible

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Would time permit for one driver to be able to race both races? Also is there going to be a "Laughlin Leap" contest?????
Yes, time would allow for drivers to compete in BOTH races!

Not sure on the Laughlin Leap at this point. I REALLY WANT to do one but we are working on that.

Also working on Official Sand Drag Races, Muddacross Races and TERRACROSS RACING CLASS!!

dnf736

Retired - And Still UTVUNderground Approved!!!!
Jan 15, 2009
Alpine, CA
Would time permit for one driver to be able to race both races? Also is there going to be a "Laughlin Leap" contest?????

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aB4VrhhwJ44"]2011 Soboba Grand Prix UTV Long Jump Crash - YouTube[/ame]

dnf736

Retired - And Still UTVUNderground Approved!!!!
Jan 15, 2009
Alpine, CA
Yes, time would allow for drivers to compete in BOTH races!

Not sure on the Laughlin Leap at this point. I REALLY WANT to do one but we are working on that.

Also working on Official Sand Drag Races, Muddacross Races and TERRACROSS RACING CLASS!!

This is quite the under taking Joey, my advice, keep it simple & do it well.
We'll be there. ;)

450grl

The First Lady of SXS - UTVUnderground Approved
Mar 15, 2009
Will there be a place for sr1s?

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Will there be a place for sr1s?
I am going to say YES Cory!!

I threw this one around with the boys and here is what I had decided.

Obviously DSR1 are covered in the Unlimited class for BITD so they are good on the desert race.

I am going to list a class for the Short Course / MX race for Unlimited also. I may have missed that in the PR. However! While I did want the rules to allow for all LOORRS racers, the course is going to be a little longer and rougher than most LOORRS racers are used to. Think Soboba GP which is where much of the inspiration of this race came from.

So SR1s will have a place but I was hesitant to just label it as an SR1 class because I am not sure how many will truly want to run once we announced the length of the laps...

With that said, I am open to making the changes necessary on the classes if you guys think we could field an SR1 only class.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000