UTVUnderground's 2011 Polaris RZR4 **EXCLUSIVE**

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
So while this wasnt the first time I have driven a RZR4 in the desert this was the first time I had the 2011 RZR4 in the desert since we tool posesion of it over a month ago. It did not dissapoint! I wanted to drive it for a while with stock shock settings and tire pressures.

I drove it with 2 people by itself, 2 adults in front & 2 kids in back, and then with 4 adults in the car. With 2 people it felt great, although tires still felt low sitting at under 10lbs of pressure. With 2 adults in front & 2 kids it felt just about the same, and with 4 adults I did bottom the passenger rear out one time while charging a large whoop section at speed.

It didnt take long to realize that although the ride was smooth that we had maybe a too little tire pressure and too soft a shock setting. So after a good run I came back to camp and fired up my VIAIR On Board Air System on the UTVUnderground Chase Truck and put 15lbs of tire pressure in all of the MAXXIS Big Horn tires. I then backed out all the compression adjustment on the Fox Piggy Back RZR4 Shocks. I realized they were at about 10 clicks in the rear and about 7 clicks in the front. I then bumped the rears up to 15 clicks and the fronts up to 10.

After that was done I took it back out and noticed the difference right away. It was definitley a positive move. The car felt much more stable at speed through the bumps and cornering with more tire pressure and stiffer compression allowed for more wheel spin and a smoother ride when sliding the corners.

Overall the RZR4 is full of win. This machine has the best out of th ebox suspension of any UTV ont he market and with its adjustable shocks you have the ability to tune the ride to yoru terrain and style.

FOX Shox has sent us some aftermarket compression adjustment valves to play with so for fun we will add them in and see how it effects the overall performance of the shock. I will keep you all posted!!!

As for the CBR Oil Cooler we installed, we didnt have the ability to track engine temp as the stock RZR4 cluster only has a digital water temp read out which hovered right around 200 deg F while under hard riding. We will be installing the 2nd phase of our Stage 2 CBR cooling system soon so we should see those temps drop with addition of th enew radiator and spal fan.

The STEALTH LED Bar by Baja Designs was awesome. The one knock I have on the stock RZR4 is the stock head lights. THEY ARE WEEEEEEAAAAKKKK! But witht his light bar I was able to travel at speed all night long and see plenty!!! Installationw as a breeze, its sleek and low profile appearance is awesome and the light output is great considering its size. Overall I was pumped with the new light bar!!!

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com

Well we have had our 2011 RZR4 out a few times now. 1 good trip to Ocotillo Wells and a full weekend at the Soboba Grand Prix. This machine never ceases to amaze and is still the ultimate performer as was shown by Beau Baron who won the Soboba UTV race in a bone stock 2011 RZR4 just like ours.

The RZR4 has had some modification now in terms of bolt on's. Just to review we have done a BEARD bimini top, Baja Designs 30" STEALTH LED light bar, Speed Industries Steering Wheel & Shift Knob, BEARD FUEL Seats, and BEARD Harnesses, Pro Armor Doors, as well as a CBR Oil Cooler and filter relocation kit.

The review on the bolt on products are like this:

The BEARD Bimini top is awesome, it keeps the sun out and I think it makes the car look pretty cool. It has no fade thus far and does not whip with the wind as far as I can tell.

The Speed Industries Steering Wheel is very nice quality but it is slightly smaller than stock. I prefer a bigger wheel especially in high speed driving but overall I enjoy it.

The Baja Designs Light Bar is fantastic. It works really well and is super bright. While I haven't done a ton of night riding with it I did enough in Ocotillo to really put it to use and thought it performed perfect for what it is. I would say it is about equivalent to 3 7" 35w HID lights which says a lot considering how small the lightbar is.

The Pro Armor doors are AWESOME! They work perfectly and they look great. There is no denying that these are the best and most popular doors on the market and having them on my 2011 unit I know exactly why! I have no complaints here.

The BEARD Fuel Seats are super comfy. Everyone likes how they look and feel. My only problem this far is the seat bases on the RZR 4 either don't work well with these seats or are not put together 100% perfect. While pre running the week before the race the passenger seat base broke, the driver seat base never feels like its locked in fully, and the rear seats have some wobble as well. I will be pulling them out to do a once over and see if we can correct the problem. Once we dial that in these seats will be amazing all the way round. Like I said they are super comfy and give you a solid secure feel.

The BEARD harnesses are some of the best I have ever owned. The sternum strap is awesome, the buckles work flawlessly, and they are easy to adjust. I really like them. Only problem is the RZR4 provides no way to secure a submarine belt too.

The RZR4 does not have an oil temp gauge so there is really no way for me to see how hot the car gets and if the oil cooler has done a lot but it looks cool....hahahha I am sure it is doing its job and due to the filter now being under the hood changing the oil on this bad boy should be a breeze.

As the picture above shows I was really able to put the wood down on this bad boy during our runs at Soboba. I drove the RZR4 to its limit at times and wanted to see how it would perform under race simulated situations. While I did not do a to adjust the shocks this time I did stiffen the compression up some while in Ocotillo to compensate for the 2 adults I had riding in the back on a couple of rides. While I did use all of the wheel travel I never really felt the car bottom out super hard, at times the back end was much higher than the front when going over the peaky Soboba jumps. IN hard corners you can get the inside rear tire to lift pretty easily but overall the RZR4 feels very stable at both low and high speeds. The increased wheel base gives you a feel of confidence when traveling at wide open. You never get the feeling of too much over steer the car always feels in control which I really like.

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8NeOkExfJ4U&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8NeOkExfJ4U&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

The 2011 RZR4 feels like it is a bit slower than our 2010 unit was? Which is weird? I also drove Pro Armors 2010 and it too felt like it had a little more. The 2011 feels like its got more restriction in the intake or something? I really felt the power difference on the uphills. While the 2010 and 2011 was pretty much dead even on the flat stuff once we hit a hill the 2010 units could easily get on my bumper which was odd to me. I am wondering if it just because this unit is just not quite broke in yet?

In all I still love everything about this machine. It is smooth, looks good, and continues to impress. It has a fun factor rating that is off the charts and best part is I can always throw a few friends or family members to partake in the fun!!!! Next stop, KING OF THE HAMMERS!!!!​

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Well its time for another update on our Project 2011 UTVUnderground Polaris RZR4. One of our first upgrades we did on our RZR4 courtesy of BEARD was a full set of BEARD Fuel seats. I liked just about everything with these seats including the high back and side support. They had a fantastic removable cushion seat and the material and craftsmanship are second to none. My only dislike with the Fuel seats in our RZR4 was the fitment of them in the RZR. They seemed to put a lot of leverage on the stock seat bases and caused them to break upon hard off road riding conditions. This may be due to the fact these seats were the first installed in the RZR4 and the production versions may have a slightly improved mounting set up? Either way the seats were great minus the mounting set up. While the high back look was awesome for the front seats, because of the RZR4's stadium type set up in the rear the seats were a little to big looking and really knocked out a lot of rear visibility. I will say however the appearance may be that the rear seats were too big for the RZR4 but in fact the seating and comfort in the back seat was as good if not better that stock. You really had plenty of room for adults, even taller adults fit well. The seats had a great feel to them and were extremly comfortable. You could race in these seats and they are designed to fit in most UTV's.

So with that said, I really enjoyed the Fuel seats but wanted to mix it up a little and try the new PRP RZR4 set up with front buckets and a rear bench. Having 3 small children the idea of a rear bench that would sit 3 was something I was very into. So we dropped the RZR4 off at PRP and picked it up with a fantastic set of new seats.

PRP also developed a way that you can upgrade the rear bench while still retaining the stock seat belts which for me in the rear is a plus. I prefer to use the stock seat belts for locking in the kids car seats. PRP created an extension that allows for the stock rear belt latches to come up through the seat.

Sitting in the driver seat I could tell right away that I liked the seating position a lot. It is much lower than the Fuel seats and PRP put a nice seating angle increasing leg room for driver and passenger while giving you a lower center of gravity feeling when behind the wheel. With the bench seats low headrests it also brought the car back into proportion making the RZR4 look awesome as well. Topping it all off was the matching black and red material used on the seats tying the cars whole color scheme together.

Tomorrow we install a PPF front grill and CBR radiator into the RZR4 and we also will perform a full maintenance. All of this will be done at 747Ink (CompanyName.com - Super Slogan) shop in Valley Center, CA in which I will document the install and process of these goodies as well. Then we head to Glamis this weekend for a good run with all the new products! Stay tuned!!!

Sponsors of the build thus far:

Pro Armor www.ProArmor.com
Beard Seats RedArt, Inc.
PRP Seats PRP Seats - Custom Off Road Racing Seats
CBR Performance www.CBR-Performance.com
747Ink CompanyName.com - Super Slogan
Baja Designs bajadesigns.com - The leader in Off-Road Motorcycle, Truck, and Buggy lighting and performance accessories.

Last edited:

DUNE DUMMY 29

OG Sticker Man - UTVUnderground La Familia
Feb 28, 2009
EL CENTRO
www.planetsidexside.com
SUPER CLEAN WITH JUST THE RIGHT AMOUNT OF EXTRAS. THE COLORS MATCH PERFECT ON THE SEATS & DOORS. DOES IT HAVE THE RUGGED RACE RADIOS SETUP YET? AWESOME JOB. MY FAVORITE RZR 4. ( I DO LIKE MISS VICKY'S COLOR BETTER)

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Sorry Pro Armor bi dropped the ball there you guys are the best and I love the doors.

Today we are installing the new CBR Performance radiator and new PPF grill. 747Ink is doing an amazing job and also performing a full service. This is the go to place for UTV service and performance work.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Well we got the new CBR Performance Radiator installed today on the RZR4. This thing went in with ease. CBR did a fantastic job of mocking this up as a drop in part, it dropped right in with no finagling whatsoever! It is a great looking part and installs within minutes! I will be running the Polaris RZR4 hard this weekend in glamis so I will let you guys know how it performs. My temps get as high as 220 degrees at times with the stock radiator so I am looking to see if this will keep the temps lower with the new over sized CBR unit.

We also installed the new front grill from PPF UTV Custom Fabrication | Powell Performance & Fabrication out of Minnesota. PPF also did a front bumper for me for my F250 last year that protects my Rigid Industries 20" LED bar. PPF has a really cool lineup of parts and accesories for UTV's. I think the grill looks awesome and it too installed really easy once the front headlight clip was removed from the hood.

Here are some pics for you guys to chew on. BIG BIG BIG shout out to Trevor and AJ at 747Ink CompanyName.com - Super Slogan for installing the new parts as well as servicing the RZR4. Trevor is probably one of the most UTV knowledgeable guys in this industry. Having built many performance minded UTV's, Trevor knows his way around any Rhino, Teryx, or RZR. I will make a dedicated post to 747Ink showing off some of the stuff I saw at the shop today and will give you guys some insight as to how Trevor and AJ can help you dial in your UTV!!!!

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
This past weekend I was able to spend some time behind the wheel of the UTVUG RZR4. This vehicle is amazing right out of the box. This one has has some mods to make it look really nice and even perform better. Here is some pictures I took of the new PRP seats and RZRWrap.

I also made this video. My oldest son and I took the RZR4 to a Toys For Tots Poker Run in Barstow Ca.

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/23120009?title=0&byline=0&portrait=0" width="800" frameborder="0" height="450"></iframe>Slash X Poker Run from William Baptist on Vimeo.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000