Veteran's weekend , Los Padres Adopt A Trail clean up

dunerat

Jun 16, 2012
Simi Valley, CA
We will be coming up Saturday night or Sunday morning. What time are you going to be heading out to the trails? I want to make sure we are there on time. Can't wait to see everyone again and hopefully meet some new people. :D

onerich

The Carpenter - UTVUnderground's La familia
Jan 29, 2011
Elmonte, SOCAL
We will be coming up Saturday night or Sunday morning. What time are you going to be heading out to the trails? I want to make sure we are there on time. Can't wait to see everyone again and hopefully meet some new people. :D
That great that you can make it, As far as trail time we still have some planing to do , but 9-10 I would guess if you need something to go by .

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
Lol that's true. Just anxious to go out with the group to ride and do some cleaning :D

We'll probably do a couple fun rides. The north Yellow jacket is a hoot. Maybe a Miller Jeep run too. Probably plan some things as we go. Hoping to have our AAT signs by then to install on the trails with some great photos of the group. Just some ideas

Rzrcsi

La Familia
Jun 18, 2012
Central Cal.
I 'm hoping to make at least some of this....

Did we ever find out if we can use the campground behind the Ranger station and what is involved ??

I know she said we could use it but never got the rest of the story....

onerich

Jan 29, 2011
Elmonte, SOCAL
I 'm hoping to make at least some of this....

Did we ever find out if we can use the campground behind the Ranger station and what is involved ??

I know she said we could use it but never got the rest of the story....
I know Dave was looking in to it , but my thinking is that the only way you can get to the trail is thru a locked gate and then drive on the paved road which might cause problems with johnny law and Get the rangers in trouble which we don't want . If there was a back trail that would be great .

Rzrcsi

La Familia
Jun 18, 2012
Central Cal.
I know Dave was looking in to it , but my thinking is that the only way you can get to the trail is thru a locked gate and then drive on the paved road which might cause problems with johnny law and Get the rangers in trouble which we don't want . If there was a back trail that would be great .
OK, hopefully Dave can get the info, thanks.

And for what it is worth, I thought I heard her say you are able to get to the trail from the campground, but not sure how.

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
Im still waiting for some clarification on some of these things. Susan did send me a brief email today, stating she got our recent hours logged in, updated roster, and also said "your UTV group is AWESOME"!! Way to go everyone!!

onerich

Jan 29, 2011
Elmonte, SOCAL
Ok , ''Just fishing here'' . If we could get a first / CPR instructor out on this weekend to give the class at camp or maybe the Ranger station for a price per person or group rate would any one be interested ?

I have my first aid / CPR card but a refresher class never hurts. The reason I'm bring this up is if some one got hurt, we would be better off with more then 1 or 2 in the crew with the training and another reason would be that most of the group would be in the same place to get it done all at once .

We would be real ''lucky'' to make this happen, but if we could I think this would be a good time to do it .

Plez give your input on this good or bad .

Or we could just use are smart phones with this link . :D

http://www.redcross.org//mobile-apps/first-aid-app

XPirate

Sep 9, 2011
Bakertucky
Hey rich, I have my 1st arid/CPR card and bloodbourne patheogens as well. The guy that comes out to our work might be able to do something for a group, think he is fairly reasonable, but it's not a short class.....refresher is short, but not an initial....

onerich

Jan 29, 2011
Elmonte, SOCAL
Hey rich, I have my 1st arid/CPR card and bloodbourne patheogens as well. The guy that comes out to our work might be able to do something for a group, think he is fairly reasonable, but it's not a short class.....refresher is short, but not an initial....
Man I totally forgot both of them tougher is a 8 hr class 4hr each will maybe just first aid and we can make it shorter by skipping choking and sprains (just kidding ) But still fishing :D

And on another note doe's some one have a post hole digging tool ?

Slacker

La Familia
Apr 1, 2012
Bakersfield
Ok , ''Just fishing here'' . If we could get a first / CPR instructor out on this weekend to give the class at camp or maybe the Ranger station for a price per person or group rate would any one be interested ?

I have my first aid / CPR card but a refresher class never hurts. The reason I'm bring this up is if some one got hurt, we would be better off with more then 1 or 2 in the crew with the training and another reason would be that most of the group would be in the same place to get it done all at once .

We would be real ''lucky'' to make this happen, but if we could I think this would be a good time to do it .

Plez give your input on this good or bad .

Or we could just use are smart phones with this link . :D

http://www.redcross.org//mobile-apps/first-aid-app
Not to be Mr. Little Black Rain Cloud but I'd sit this class out myself. I don't have a post digger anymore either, now I'm wondering where it is :confused: I do have couple sacks of quikrete that need a home though, I'll bring them along.

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
UPDATE:

The rangers expect the staging area to be completed within the next couple weeks, so we should be able to camp in the staging area for this trip. I have some trail signs in the works and a potential long term financial sponsor for our two trails.

onerich

Jan 29, 2011
Elmonte, SOCAL
Not to be Mr. Little Black Rain Cloud but I'd sit this class out myself. I don't have a post digger anymore either, now I'm wondering where it is :confused: I do have couple sacks of quikrete that need a home though, I'll bring them along.
Mr. little black cloud , that funny . :D

onerich

Jan 29, 2011
Elmonte, SOCAL
TRAIL WORK LIST
1. John Berry (always )
2. Dave (Camping)
3. Rich (Camping)
4. Mike (Camping)
5. Slacker (camping)
6. Grumpy (camping