Polaris W/E needle conversion on xp

sully427

Red Rider - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 23, 2009
whats up with this conversion, I heard you can send your stock xp shocks to walker and they do a needle conversion and new springs and its a whole new ride for a fraction of the price of all new shocks , anyone do this around here, let us know how it performs

HOLZ

HOLZ Racing - Official UTVUnderground Sponsor
Jan 30, 2009
www.holzracingproducts.com
The factory set up needs lots of help.

The fact that you can upgrade to needle shocks for not much more money then just doing a revalve and springs is a no brainer.

crazywatson

#13 - UTVUnderground Approved
Jul 30, 2009
Redwood City
I have 2 sets of these shocks I want to send in anyone know how much there charging for a set to be converted with springs?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

sully427

Jan 23, 2009
I have 2 sets of these shocks I want to send in anyone know how much there charging for a set to be converted with springs?

do you have 4 seat setup if so im ready to go , let me knoe I heard its 1200 for the revalve

crazywatson

#13 - UTVUnderground Approved
Jul 30, 2009
Redwood City
I have a xp4 and a Apex xp I'm building. I bought a set of xp4 shocks dam near new for $800 from the Stripping Shop. There both the same shock WER 2.5" rear 2.0 front

COGNITO

Cognito Motorsports - Official UTVUnderground Spon
Apr 30, 2009
I have a set of walker evans 2.5 rear 2.0 front for sale. Took them off the car with no miles on it. $1000

sully427

Jan 23, 2009
I have a xp4 and a Apex xp I'm building. I bought a set of xp4 shocks dam near new for $800 from the Stripping Shop. There both the same shock WER 2.5" rear 2.0 front

oh shit sorry I thought you had shocks with the conversion done already, im thinkn im gonna send mine in pretty soon

Dec 14, 2011
Temecula
We have this conversion done to three different cars its like getting off an old no suspension go cart and in to a trophy truck yes its absolutley worth the money and you wont be sorry you did this after you drive the car the first time!!!!

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
Contact Walker Evans directly in Riverside. They are the only ones who can do the Needle Conversion. Other shops can do re-valves or add duel rate springs, but do to machine work & exclusive parts only Walker can do the Needle part of the conversion.

On a side note be very detailed on where you ride. What you have done as far as accessories. Be honest about you & your passenger weight. Print out a few pictures of the car for reference. What I did is I 4 corner scaled our XP4. This gave them a better detailed weights, but was not nessiearly.

Most guys I previously spoke to said they got 300 over 350 springs, front & back. I did 325 over 350 and have been very happy.

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
Best thing to do is call them, confirm when parts are in and schedule with them a date to send them in. I did this and had them back in under 10 business days. They said they hate having customer shocks just sitting around waiting for parts.

Two biggest issues for them is the upper rear spring as Eibach makes that spring custom for them. And the other is the machined parts for the Needle Valve. They said they only have one machine in-house that can make those parts and depending on what other production parts that machine is doing deturmans how quickly they can start making more needle parts. They have to make parts in volume. It's not cost effective to only make a few items at a time. So sometimes this is why they say they won't have parts for a week or two.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000