warlock's XP1000 Consumer Buyer Watchdog Thread

Darryl89

Killer Kitty - UTVUnderground Approved
Oct 8, 2009
Farmington, NM
Still less wheelbase (5 inches less) and suspension travel (1 inch less up front) than a WC... but tons better than a Mav...

I still have faith in the WC, and they are improving every time around....

Stir, stir, stir... :D

But you are right, every brand has good and bad... gotta give lots of respect to Polaris for building the RZR..

BrArmor

Scranton Boys Racing OG
Oct 5, 2011
Lake Elsinore, Ca
www.imgms.com
As much as we love the travel on our Wildcat, come out and try to keep up with any XP900 on a short course style track. Very difficult with the body roll. Once they deal with the body roll and the stub axles shearing off, then it will be an almost perfect car... IMO. For now we decided to take our chances, more than halfway through the race season and try a new unit...! Just makes it more exciting for us! lol We love new shit...

Darryl89

Oct 8, 2009
Farmington, NM
As much as we love the travel on our Wildcat, come out and try to keep up with any XP900 on a short course style track. Very difficult with the body roll. Once they deal with the body roll and the stub axles shearing off, then it will be an almost perfect car... IMO. For now we decided to take our chances, more than halfway through the race season and try a new unit...! Just makes it more exciting for us! lol We love new shit...
I run regional races on MX tracks. Have yet to be beat by a RZR...and that was with a stock Wildcat. Never broke anything, even jumping an uphill 65ft double jump (the RZRs wouldn't jump it till after I did). By the same token, in those same races, I've seen plenty of RZRs sitting on the side of the track, broken.

Alot of driving is on the driver, alot of keeping the car together, is on the driver...just look at Mitch G and his KOH wins in near stock cars...
I'm sure you are a great driver, I've seen some of your races, but don't discount the WC yet...

Plumber

Ridin' Dirty
Jun 26, 2012
Apple Valley
I went by the local dealer a couple weeks ago, they were recieving their first shipment drove by today and its in the service bay. Hmmm......

BrArmor

Scranton Boys Racing OG
Oct 5, 2011
Lake Elsinore, Ca
www.imgms.com
I run regional races on MX tracks. Have yet to be beat by a RZR...and that was with a stock Wildcat. Never broke anything, even jumping an uphill 65ft double jump (the RZRs wouldn't jump it till after I did). By the same token, in those same races, I've seen plenty of RZRs sitting on the side of the track, broken.

Alot of driving is on the driver, alot of keeping the car together, is on the driver...just look at Mitch G and his KOH wins in near stock cars...
I'm sure you are a great driver, I've seen some of your races, but don't discount the WC yet...
Yeah we are just tired of making almost a payment or more on parts to have the Wildcat ready, when there is a new XP1000 out and we love innovation. Plus we could do this in any UTV... lol, our first race was in 2006 Lake Elsinore... Superstock Rhinos... we just want a strong, fast car and to race as much as posisble.

What race series do you race in? I would love to see what style racing you are doing, the track type, and even the drivers you are competing against. We do not lose to just any RZRs... we get beat by some of the BEST drivers and in XP's, not standard RZRs or RZRSs... and if we are lucky and good in the same day we get some wins/podiums this year too... but to be the best or compete with the best, you are better off using the BEST. Not saying Polaris is the best but we will soon find out if we made a good decision. We race in Honey Lake Milford this weekend...

Darryl89

Oct 8, 2009
Farmington, NM
I can understand your thoughts Bruce. I gave up on my old car after dumping over $60G in it. As for experience, I started my off road career in 1967... From motocross, to 2 wheeled desert, to BITD in it's infancy. I used to teach MX for a living. I haven't been able to race for the past year much, been too busy building race cars for others and teaching them to race.
I like watching you shortcourse guys, I run a regional series short course and have dabbled in Dirt Riot. I ran KOH in 2012, but broke 3 axles in the first several miles when I ran over a boulder while trying to chase down Casey Currie. I'll be back at KOH this year, and since my main driver died just over a month ago, I guess I'll be back on the track. I now race more for the fun of it, seeing as I'm 53, but still like showing what I can do.
I would like to say I spent more years on 4 wheels, but only made the switch about 7 years ago (even though I did run a 1600/2 car in the 80's).
I'll be starting my new KOH build in the coming week...

BrArmor

Scranton Boys Racing OG
Oct 5, 2011
Lake Elsinore, Ca
www.imgms.com
Aeosme for your new build, but VERY sorry to hear about your loss... I do feel you. This year has been very rough for me in the same area...

Best of luck to you....

Don't forget to follow our builds, new products, and racing on Instagram @Scranton_Boys

warlock

Wanna Go Fast? - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 23, 2009
az
The rear drive shaft has a tooth in the splines so that the front prop shaft can only go on one way.
To rotate the prop shaft 90 degrees (6 splines) the dealer grinds down the tooth and marks the shaft 6 splines over.
Without the bump in the splines the prop shaft can be installed in any orientation, so if you have the tooth removed and you ever take out the prop shaft in the future, make sure you mark the shafts and put them back in the same way they came out.

crazywatson

#13 - UTVUnderground Approved
Jul 30, 2009
Redwood City
The rear drive shaft has a tooth in the splines so that the front prop shaft can only go on one way.
To rotate the prop shaft 90 degrees (6 splines) the dealer grinds down the tooth and marks the shaft 6 splines over.
Without the bump in the splines the prop shaft can be installed in any orientation, so if you have the tooth removed and you ever take out the prop shaft in the future, make sure you mark the shafts and put them back in the same way they came out.
That is lame they should make a new shaft. Thats a half ass fix if you ask me. I would not do that if it was mine I would fix it right. Cut the end off and reweld it then balance it. It would be way better then stock with no balancing.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

warlock

Wanna Go Fast? - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 23, 2009
az
That is lame they should make a new shaft. Thats a half ass fix if you ask me. I would not do that if it was mine I would fix it right. Cut the end off and reweld it then balance it. It would be way better then stock with no balancing.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Yeah no kidding kinda what we thought to. Plus the Monkeys that they hire to do work on these things under warranty is Scary as hell. I don't know if there qualified to put tires on let alone grind and reposition a drive shaft properly. LOL

Glamisfan

Oct 26, 2009
imperial valley
I checked the xp out yesterday. Those rear shocks are HUGE!!! The frame looks much better than previous rzr's. love the 29" tires. The only bad thing I saw was the seats. They are very comfortable, but the seat back looks to be made completely out of plastic. I sat in it and moved my back around, and the seat would lean back till it hit the rear firewall, and would also move side to side a few inches each way! Completely unacceptable for an off road machine. But, overall I thought it was an awesome machine!

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
I checked one out yesterday too. The first thing that caught my eye was how freeking huge the rear shocks are. Love the 29" tires. Its just a beast, in a good way. Hope popo gets the kinks worked out this year. The UTV market is just getting better and better with all kinds of choices now, and that means, its likely at least one of the models that is out there will work best for each individual. Let the good times roll... :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000