Warranty Work - Wife RZR4

Cisco Kid

Puro Corazon - UTVUnderground La Famila
Apr 17, 2009
Let me know if i am wrong here good or bad ;-)

So I sent and e-mail to NCY re: my Wife RZR4 =
My wife RZR4 has some rear inner CV problem other than the boot broke open I don't know if axle is broken or any other part is bad.
<O:p</O:p
Another item that I notice was that it look like it was in a turf mode rear travel type of engagement.
Look like one tire has more traction then the other one ?
Don't know if this is normal.
I want to bring it in, just need to know if this is all covered under my warranty and at NO cost to me ?

And this is the e-mail I get back =
I am responding to your e-mail sent to (name here) in our parts dept.
Your Rzr 4 would need to come in for an inspection prior to any warranty authorizations.</O:p>
Im sorry you did not get my e-mail last week I sent. Inspections are not covered by warranty, we would need .5 off an hour to inspect @ 85.00 per hour.
If it is damage that can be covered under the warranty umbrella then at that time there would be no cost to you.
Give us a call for an apt. we are usually scheduled out 4 days at this time.

And this is the e-mail I set back =
Just got (name here) e-mail on the RZR4 and it is a bit shocking, so it look like he need 5 hours at $85.00 = $425.00 just to look at it and then see if it covered under The umbrella warranty (how about my extended warranty), if it is not covered I will be out $425.00 and still not fix + my travel time.

Man life is tuff, it just seems that I just need to fix it myself.

OK guys go for it, let me have it ;-)

DUNE DUMMY 29

OG Sticker Man - UTVUnderground La Familia
Feb 28, 2009
EL CENTRO
www.planetsidexside.com
Let me know if i am wrong here good or bad ;-)

So I sent and e-mail to NCY re: my Wife RZR4 =
My wife RZR4 has some rear inner CV problem other than the boot broke open I don't know if axle is broken or any other part is bad.
Another item that I notice was that it look like it was in a turf mode rear travel type of engagement.
Look like one tire has more traction then the other one ?
Don't know if this is normal.
I want to bring it in, just need to know if this is all covered under my warranty and at NO cost to me ?

And this is the e-mail I get back =
I am responding to your e-mail sent to (name here) in our parts dept.
Your Rzr 4 would need to come in for an inspection prior to any warranty authorizations.</O:p>
Im sorry you did not get my e-mail last week I sent. Inspections are not covered by warranty, we would need .5 off an hour to inspect @ 85.00 per hour.
If it is damage that can be covered under the warranty umbrella then at that time there would be no cost to you.
Give us a call for an apt. we are usually scheduled out 4 days at this time.

And this is the e-mail I set back =
Just got (name here) e-mail on the RZR4 and it is a bit shocking, so it look like he need 5 hours at $85.00 = $425.00 just to look at it and then see if it covered under The umbrella warranty (how about my extended warranty), if it is not covered I will be out $425.00 and still not fix + my travel time.

Man life is tuff, it just seems that I just need to fix it myself.

OK guys go for it, let me have it ;-)

CISCO IT LOOKS LIKE IT SAYS .5 OR 1/2 HOUR. I THINK THAT IS NORMAL. IF THE ITEMS ARE COVERED I THINK YOU GET THAT MONEY BACK.

Cisco Kid

Apr 17, 2009
CISCO IT LOOKS LIKE IT SAYS .5 OR 1/2 HOUR. I THINK THAT IS NORMAL. IF THE ITEMS ARE COVERED I THINK YOU GET THAT MONEY BACK.
WOW it look like your right, Man I am so sorry it look like I may need better glasses ;-)

Cisco Kid

Apr 17, 2009
If it is covered, which I see no reason it wouldn't be, then you don't pay anything;) They, like all others, are just covering their a$$es! The whole story is pretty much on track as normal operating procedure engaged or NOPE so when they say nope that is what they mean:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: I think your good to go my friend!

Thanks PB, after see DD point out the .5 not 5 it make a thinks a lot better, sorry boys ;-)

dkiewicz

Space Cadet - UTVUnderground's La Familia
Nov 28, 2009
Hesperia Ca
Yep, Chaparral did it to me that way. 1/2 hour at $85 to tell me it wasn't covered. I thought shocks should last more than 1 season for seals, but turns out they're not covered. I am with everyone else, if it's broken, the shaft/CV is covered and you'll owe nothing. GL!!!!:)

07fj

Rainman - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 19, 2009
Tonopah, Az
if the boot broke open, and then dirt caused the cv to break, it may not be covered :(

when turning on your lawn, one tire will def make more marks than the other, this will be normal.

Rog

Cisco Kid

Apr 17, 2009
Droping it off on Saturday, will let you know the outcome ;-)

450grl

The First Lady of SXS - UTVUnderground Approved
Mar 15, 2009
Yep.....keep us posted. If you think the boot tore due to internal failure, it would be a good idea to point that out when you drop off the vehicle. If it's torn due to "normal wear and tear" and the CV was damaged because dirt got in because of that, it's a slight possibility they may not cover it, because if the boot tore due to regular use or outside influence (catching on a rock/root/branch), that's not the OEM's fault. There are "normal wear items" that are not covered, and boots might be one of those items. (I have been a warranty administrator for years). Depends on the OEM and how much they want to please their customers. Remember, the dealer is just a go-between, but it pays to be polite/nice to them - they will be much more willing to go to bat for you if they like you. :)

Cisco Kid

Apr 17, 2009
Yep.....keep us posted. If you think the boot tore due to internal failure, it would be a good idea to point that out when you drop off the vehicle. If it's torn due to "normal wear and tear" and the CV was damaged because dirt got in because of that, it's a slight possibility they may not cover it, because if the boot tore due to regular use or outside influence (catching on a rock/root/branch), that's not the OEM's fault. There are "normal wear items" that are not covered, and boots might be one of those items. (I have been a warranty administrator for years). Depends on the OEM and how much they want to please their customers. Remember, the dealer is just a go-between, but it pays to be polite/nice to them - they will be much more willing to go to bat for you if they like you. :)
Thank you for the info, it is a new 2011 RZR4 ;-)

450grl

The First Lady of SXS - UTVUnderground Approved
Mar 15, 2009
If it's like that brand new off the floor, then I can't imagine they won't warranty the crap out of it! :)

dkiewicz

Space Cadet - UTVUnderground's La Familia
Nov 28, 2009
Hesperia Ca
Hey Corry, why don't you and Jason come join La Familia on the 30th of July in Miller Canyon? We don't travel as fast as you guys on the track, but you'll have a great time, do a little rock climbing, and meet some great people!

Just thinking out loud.... Not trying to hijack your thread brother Cisco... Mi Amigo!!!:)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000