we got 1st overall utv in wendover

noceros

Jan 22, 2011
Folsom Ca.
The race started at 10 sat morning, we took off at about 10:30 2nd in line for utv's. There were 4 pro class & 6 sportsman, it was a very fun track. Only 3 utvs made it, the rest broke down (1 with 3 broken axles, 1 cracked block, 1 locked up engine) that's what I know for sure, not sure what dnf'ed the others. We lost our fuel pump 8 miles into the 1st lap (switch to 2nd pump). The washes were nasty & rocky, the silt beds were rough & deep (we almost flipped in the silt bed on lap 3 - hooked hard left). There were some fast sections (a lot of fun). Had carb problems on lap 2 & picked up a vibration at 45 mph.(kept lap 3 speed at just under 45 mph - except in the silt beds - carb problems). 11hr ride home & Found 2 damaged cv joints & rf wheel bearing a couple of big dents in the bash plate an eldebrock carb that doesn't work in the dust. That was the roughest Wendover race we've raced. Tom & I thought it was rougher than the mint. BOR put on a 1st class race, the best marked track - too much fun. Rich

deviant_illusion

go to the UTVUnderground where there is cool SHIAT
Feb 4, 2009
WVC, UT
Congrats on the win! When Kyle and I marked the north loop we actually started pulling lath back because I told him we may as well give out rally car notes. But man some of those washes, wow.

What do you think next year less washes? I want to see more UTV's and I want to see more finish. Whats your thoughts?

NYCEGUY01

Jul 9, 2012
The DNF's weren't really related to the track.
The track was awesome.

Lots of 60 MPH runs in between tight technical stuff.

The CV's on the 900's just suck...lol, Ive seen a ton of them die the same way in the dunes.

The other 800 took a rock to the unprotected bottom of his motor.

The VLS car ( Awesome car ) plugged his air filters in the silt and kept going.
It looked like a bunch of dirt went past the clogged foam filters. His motor got hot and started knocking badly.
When they opened up the air box and removed the filter you could see a bunch of dust in the left intake to the motor.

My DNF was just to having the wrong air filter. I learned that a K&N and Silt don't mix. My filter clogged up so bad it collapsed. Thankfully no motor damage but I couldn't really keep going as I didn't have a spare filter.

I lost a little time on the 1st lap but a nice fellow racer helped push me back on my wheels...
I believe high speed coupled with low ability may have been a factor there...

Even with the DNF and my pretty machine getting scarred up I had an absolute blast...

Id be perfectly happy to run the same track again.
If you guys mark the next one half as good as the one we ran Saturday Ill run anything you guys come up with....

Congrats to Rich.
That thing is fast and it looks good too.
The 4 barrel Edelbrock carb on the R1 was pretty awesome to see.

JR545

Jun 9, 2013
The DNF's weren't really related to the track.
The track was awesome.

Lots of 60 MPH runs in between tight technical stuff.

The CV's on the 900's just suck...lol, Ive seen a ton of them die the same way in the dunes.

The other 800 took a rock to the unprotected bottom of his motor.

The VLS car ( Awesome car ) plugged his air filters in the silt and kept going.
It looked like a bunch of dirt went past the clogged foam filters. His motor got hot and started knocking badly.
When they opened up the air box and removed the filter you could see a bunch of dust in the left intake to the motor.

My DNF was just to having the wrong air filter. I learned that a K&N and Silt don't mix. My filter clogged up so bad it collapsed. Thankfully no motor damage but I couldn't really keep going as I didn't have a spare filter.

I lost a little time on the 1st lap but a nice fellow racer helped push me back on my wheels...
I believe high speed coupled with low ability may have been a factor there...

Even with the DNF and my pretty machine getting scarred up I had an absolute blast...

Id be perfectly happy to run the same track again.
If you guys mark the next one half as good as the one we ran Saturday Ill run anything you guys come up with....

Congrats to Rich.
That thing is fast and it looks good too.
The 4 barrel Edelbrock carb on the R1 was pretty awesome to see.
It was a rather large rock to the oil pan that ended the day for the VLS car...the silt was the icing on the cake.
We'll be back, wiser and better prepared.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000