Wells, NV UTV Jamboree for 2015

bwfox

Oct 16, 2011
Wells, NV
The City of Wells, NV has asked me to put together a UTV Jamboree for 2015. They want to go with Father's Day weekend which is June 18-21.
We have 1000s of miles of old 2 track dirt roads. The city and county are very tolerant of UTVs and you will be allowed to run around and come and go from rides w/o having to trailer your machines. We are on the crossroads of US93 and I 80 in the NE corner of NV. We are on the CA Trail, near the Pony Express Route, and have tons of history with the railroads, gold mining routes, ranching, silver mining, and modern gold mining, along with the 1920s airmail beacon sites. I could provide GPS tracks as well as show day routes on maps. You could pick from 35 mile rides to 250 mile ride options and everything in between. We have plenty of motel options, RV parks and NFS campsites within 8 miles from town and the ability to get around in your UTVs. We have scenic +8,000' elevations, we have lots of historic sites, and small town hospitality. I'm looking for feedback and interest in trying to put something together?
Thanks!
Bert Fox
Wells, NV

Ozzdog

Sep 8, 2014
I am interested. The date I think is good as summer is just getting started.

bwfox

Oct 16, 2011
Wells, NV
Dune,
The weather does shut us out of most areas, but not usually until Dec or sometimes Jan. That's when I come down there to ride a Caliente loop! We can usually ride until Thanksgiving, but the temps can be down in to the 20s by then. I ride with electric jacket and gloves then.

bwfox

Oct 16, 2011
Wells, NV
Re: Wells, NV UTV Jamboree for 2015/Update

I just came from a meeting with the city and chamber.
Our official date is June 25-28th, 2015.
There will be trail rides available Thurs-Sat with a Sunday departure.
There will be group rides, gps tracks for self-guided rides, and map routes available. There will be some group meals and some on your own. There will be an event Tshirt either included or listed as an option. The entry fee will be figured out on a per person rate, to be determined as I figure out how much to offer and what the cost is.
I may try and keep it to a pre-determined limit as I learn the ropes of dealing with a larger number than I do with motorcycle events.
As I firm up details, I will open registration after the first of the year. Once I find out the depth and experience of volunteers, I will know whether I will limit the number of sign ups.
Remember, this part of NV will have ride distances that may be unfamiliar to some of you. We have lots of two tracks that cover vast distances. I will have scenic routes with high elevations. I will have shorter local routes. There will be some slow technical stuff, but we don't have a lot of rock crawling or sand.
Wells is a small town with limited motel beds, maybe 100 rooms. There will be tent camping available as wells as several RV campgrounds and NFS CGs.
Wells is at 5700'. Good sleeping weather and 9,000 elevations during many of the rides. Bring gas cans for your rides. You may want to have a 200 mile range.

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

BLR

Dec 15, 2010
Florence, Oregon
Sounds like fun...looks like a 12+ hour trek for us...kinda sketchy weather wise for us that time of year...but it sounds like a fun time...Thanks always looking for new adventure

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000