What are your UTV pet-peeves?

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
We know Frankie hates people calling build threads "build threads" when they should really be called "bolt on threads", and that thread he started made me think. Lets purge the crap that annoys us in our sport.. So here are a few of mine.. this is for fun, so lets not get all butt hurt.. lol

1. I hate when fans of one brand constantly find reasons to talk crap about another one. I mean, I am guilty of it, I hate Chevy, total Ford guy here, but even I can admit they have some decent stuff going on (very little) lol So if you are a Can-Am guy or a RZR guy and you see a thread pop up that says the other brand, you probably know you don't give a crap already before you even read it. If thats the case, read it with a grain a salt and if you don't have anything decent to say then save it for another time..

2. Please bead roll the edges of your aluminum! Whether your a shop or a dude in the garage, if you have the time and skill to do your own aluminum, at least make the edges fit to the dang tubing and make it look right!

3. Builders, please don't complain that someone else "stole" your design. It happens, but others also have the same creative ideas from time to time. There are only so many ways to skin a cat and reality is if you put the effort in to your own work, then the biters will constantly have to play catch up anyway. I am SUPER guilty of this as it pertained to UTVUG in the early years. Even when guys did totally copy our stuff, sometimes word for word, or steal our content I got PISSED and went at them with a vengeance. These days I am like whatever. Copy me and I know I am dominating!

4. Quit it with the whole social media #thatsayssomethingthatwillnevertrendforthesakeofnotjusttypingyourcreativeordescriptivecommentout. Again, I am guilty of this, but I am wayy better about it because its annoying to so many people and the whole point of a "#" is to generate a trend that other people follow!

5. Racers, quit making excuses! Just because you were "leading" on time in the first 30 miles of a 1000 mile race doesn't mean you were going to win if you didn't run out of gas, then get held up by a slower vehicle who wouldn't move and your impact battery was dead and then your co-rider got sick. Or that you were killing it in your short course race and were in the top 3 then you lost steering and rolled but then when you got back on all 4s with a lap down you were charging hard and got spun out by a guy WHO WAS ON THE LEAD LAP! You weren't WINNING anything, your excuse is not to explain why you didn't win, you lost.. its racing, you win, place or lose. Its simple. So just take your licking, prop out your team and sponsors, drop a line about the day and tell us how you are coming back next time to kick ass. Save the long drawn out story of excuses and make the story about the day and the experience. (I am not talking about anyone person so before you send me a hate message note I totally just made all of this up hypothetically)

6. STOP USING DUBSTEP IN YOUR DAMN VIDEOS!!! I have had this talk with my guys and there is a right time for the right song and DUBSTEP is not the right song for anything anymore. Not going to say one of my team may not edit to one, but I have made it a strong request not too. Its played out and lame. If I see one more video with some guy screaming SAIL into my ears I may just quit and disappear forever.. lol

7. If you are going to use a photo, that you did not pay for, from a professional photographer, or from a media site like this one, in your social post, or on your race pr, or on your website, then TAG us or them!! Some people shoot photos for fun, those guys usually don't care, but companies like us and photographers are spending good money to get those shots. At least show us some love by giving credit and or a tag.

8. Do you really need every accessory on your vehicle known to man?? Please have a sense of purpose when putting a product on your car! Of course to each his own and I get that what I like you may not, but it annoys me when I see some of the crap people use to booger up their machines.

9. Wear a damn helmet already! I am not trying to be Obama over here and tell you what to do with your life, and of course I get that you are all big boys and girls and can make your own decisions. But just like when I see a dude doing 80 on the fwy on a motorcycle in AZ with no helmet on, I cringe when I see dudes hauling butt in their UTVs without one. You hitting your head and going all tard on us or worse, like dying, does affect the rest of us and our freedoms. If you are cruising, doing some light trail riding, I get it, we don't need them and I don't always wear one when just rolling around, but if you are going to put a seat belt on, why not put a brain bucket on!!???

10. You are not Robby Gordon and the area around my camp is not your race course. You might think you are just owning the rest of the riding area with your insane driving skills. That we are all sitting at the camp watching you fly by saying "wow look at the dude with the tribal tattoo in the stock RZR doing like 65mph through flat ground by us!" But we aren't! What we are really saying is, if that guy gets any closer I am going to kick his ass.. We are also saying, hey babe, make sure the kids are over here so this jack ass with the gay tattoo isn't going to run them over! Oh and if you ride a Banshee and arrive in Glamis at 2am.. STFU and save the riding for the next day. When I say next day, I don't mean 7am either moron! I mean like 10am, then you can sit there and rev and warm up and then run through 3rd gear all you want over and over within a 1/4mile area.. dumb ass..

Anyway, there is my top 10... Sorry if I hurt any feelings, not my intent, just trying to make our UTV sport a better place...

#thanksobama

XPirate

Sep 9, 2011
Bakertucky
That is a seriously good top 10 Joey!!!!! Hard to pick a favorite, but #10 stands out... we might not all race or build, but we have camped next to that douche.... BRRRRAAAPPPP BRRRRAAAPPPP, it's 7am and I'm going riding on my track around your campsite :D

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
I hate when they call a UTV a bike. I see this all the time. How is 4 wheels & a steering wheel a bike? I notice its more people back east who say this. Even some of the aftermarket UTV company's back east call them bikes.

Reactions: 1 person

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
I hate when they call a UTV a bike. I see this all the time. How is 4 wheels & a steering wheel a bike? I notice its more people back east who say this. Even some of the aftermarket UTV company's back east call them bikes.
hahaah I think we are outnumbered on this one. I feel you, up till about a year ago even the people at the OEM level referred to them as bikes, and a lot still do. In Dubai they call them bikes also. Its funny and strange to me.. lol good one!

Kalop

XP900
May 3, 2013
Oh yea.. this could be fun. Good list Joey.

1. Yea, I hate build threads with bolt-ons & anodized billet cup holders.

2. Camp etiquette ... I hate all the a-holes (jeep, quad, sxs) who haul ass in front of my camp and douche my RV and every f-ing thing I own with Texas dust cloud. Azzholes, get a f-ing clue before I circle my perimeter with barb-wire.

3. Some park owners... most riding areas in TX are private, I hate the park owners who charge $45 PER PERSON and claim to be "family oriented" ... whereby guy with his wife and 3 kids who are too young to even drive ends up paying $225 per day, more than day at Disney and disney supplies the rides, if your truly want families, charge a reasonable family rate.

4. Golf cart comments. Go F-yourself in your geo metro. I'm not sure why but its gets under my skin.

5. Calling a SxS a Bike ... it's not a F-ing Bike.

I'm sure there's more. lol

EDIT: I see the bike comment above. I type slow.

sand shark

Mar 30, 2009
West Hills, CA
1. Top speed threads were you know someone is going to claim 85+ mph with 35" mud tires

2. Threads about somebody complaining about a warranty not covering something they broke trying to drive like Robby Gordon

3. Vendors fighting about who has the best -----(entertaining sometimes, but really makes them look childish)

madviking

Mar 15, 2014
One of my largest is some of the seat designs.... specifically, the lack of proper head and neck support, though there are likely more issues with these seats. The head rests are often to low and/or poorly supported. During crashes and rollovers, it allows the head to move in, well, bad ways. I'd hate to see the list of neck and back injuries from these.

DBlank72

RZR Junkie
Jun 27, 2014
Candler, NC
1. How big of tire can I fit stock?

2. What will it take to fit 28's on my 50" rzr.

3. I hate the pm for pricing threads. I know sometimes vendors can't post prices but damn reading through 6 pages of pm me, pm sent, pm me, pm sent to find an updated post erks me.

4. Dumb azzes on the trails, we were pulled over eating lunch and some da come drifting around the corner and busted 2 windshields and hit my buddies wife in the head with a rock.

KCCO

Tzenev

Jul 9, 2013
Everyone has a good list of pet-peeves. Here's a few that id like to add on.

1. When you pull up to a group of utv's and your in a different brand then everyone in the group and they snub you. Seriously people!?!? We are all out riding cause we love the machines, the sport, and the fun experience of riding. Don't be a dick.

2. I know the garbage one has already be said but don't leave your garbage on the trail or dunes. How would you like it if I throw the 1000 pieces of my blown belt or my candy bar wrapper and beer can in your drive way or living room floor?

3. When you are broke down on the trail and people just drive by. At least stop and see if they have help coming. That might be you one day...

I'm sure I will think of some more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DBlank72

RZR Junkie
Jun 27, 2014
Candler, NC
Everyone has a good list of pet-peeves. Here's a few that id like to add on.

1. When you pull up to a group of utv's and your in a different brand then everyone in the group and they snub you. Seriously people!?!? We are all out riding cause we love the machines, the sport, and the fun experience of riding. Don't be a dick.

2. I know the garbage one has already be said but don't leave your garbage on the trail or dunes. How would you like it if I throw the 1000 pieces of my blown belt or my candy bar wrapper and beer can in your drive way or living room floor?

3. When you are broke down on the trail and people just drive by. At least stop and see if they have help coming. That might be you one day...

I'm sure I will think of some more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really agree with #3 above. Good list.

KCCO

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
i HATE a-holes on forums who ask the same effing question that was just answered yesterday twelve-teen times!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SEARCH FIRST SUCKA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOVACHO

Nov 8, 2011
Riverssippi
Trevor, #3 is right on point !!

JoeyD, #10 as well.

I want to add to the list this little button called SEARCH !!! Search before you ask. Now I know I have not used it a few times but damn....

Rokitman

UTVUnderground La Familia
Mar 11, 2013
Nipomo, CA
Along with those mentioned, my first pet peeve is those idiots who post Youtube videos of doing something incredibly stupid and think he's cooooool. It really screws it up for the rest of us who are somewhat more responsible.

Next, it irks me that those with bigger machines love to underestimate the capabilities of the RZR 570. Just cause it don't have 100 hp doesn't make it a slug. But I do have fun laughing at the big rigs when I can scoot up a rocky trail they are struggling with. Big aint always better.

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
Note to self: "Tell Stumpy to stop using Dubstep in his vids" LOL

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000