What Artic Cat model will Robby Gordon race at KOH?

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
what will fail power steering/front end or power plant?
I think RG is going to have a bit of a learning curve coming into UTV from a TT. UTV's wont take the punishment a TT takes. We'll see, if he already learned to back in way down he may be hard to beat in the desert.

///Airdam Clutches

Nov 14, 2014
he would have HAD to learn to back it down otherwise those things will fall apart under him. he has had to have beefed up the axle stubs and hubs otherwise i see him losing a wheel in the first few corners he pitches it into a hard banked turn. i would feel certain he got that kinda stuff lined out. i cant believe they wont do something with the clutches. they take the covers off all of them rather than fix the clutch to make it run cooler. i can make the wildcats insanely fast and strong and impossible to blow a belt. but the wildcat setup i have is one of my least selling setups even though with it, the wildcat X will hand an XP1000 its ace in a drag strip and short course. dunno why nobody wants to do anything to the clutch in them they have so much potential sitting stored up they just need a clutch to let it out.

crazywatson

#13 - UTVUnderground Approved
Jul 30, 2009
Redwood City
To me it seems like the race at KOH the race for people is often lost in in the desert section but never won. It's all about getting through the rock sections without breaking the car in a good amount of time and not getting stuck in traffic. Although you do need a flawless run in the desert to not get caught in traffic.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Team Green

Reid Nordin - UTVUnderground Approved
Jun 30, 2009
Riverside, CA
www.WalkerEvansEnt.com
Cartotracks.com has the pit map and the bike course up on their site right now. The rest will get loaded as the week rolls on. You must load these maps before you loose cell service on the lake or they won't work.

rocnrob

Feb 1, 2015
the course map comes out tomorrow form ultra 4 , always friday before race week.
dave cole said the first rock section is at mile 71 which is boulderdash and last rock section is aftershock.
he also said that no desert racer has ever finish KOH. utvs or the 4400 cars

dmcmark

Apr 20, 2012
I saw 2015 Moto course not 2016. I don't think they let the Moto guys have the map until the day of the race. I feel for them, that's brutal.

fortune46x

Aug 1, 2013
Iowa
he would have HAD to learn to back it down otherwise those things will fall apart under him. he has had to have beefed up the axle stubs and hubs otherwise i see him losing a wheel in the first few corners he pitches it into a hard banked turn. i would feel certain he got that kinda stuff lined out. i cant believe they wont do something with the clutches. they take the covers off all of them rather than fix the clutch to make it run cooler. i can make the wildcats insanely fast and strong and impossible to blow a belt. but the wildcat setup i have is one of my least selling setups even though with it, the wildcat X will hand an XP1000 its ace in a drag strip and short course. dunno why nobody wants to do anything to the clutch in them they have so much potential sitting stored up they just need a clutch to let it out.
Pick up your phone and you'd sell plenty. No one will try buying from you if they cant get ahold of you. I was interested in your setup when you had announced it but I wont send my money to someone I cant get in touch with after the sale if I have questions or need setup help beyond what I capable of. Id love to try one of your setups to see what its like compared to mine with my motor especially if on a stock X it will hand a xp1k its ass on the short course.

Speedwerx Clutched mine and it was a drastic change from where we started at, still not good enough to make the 496 belt last the constant on/off throttle of our races with the cover on. The biggest problem is ambient air temps in that hot box with the cover on and not enough flow to let it out even with a secondary inlet blower setup (not an inline), the inlet is pulling in hot air into the belt compartment then the exhaust ducting is too long , Remove the exhaust duct alone and its a substantial improvement. remove the intake ducting and again huge improvement. If you shut the motor down and feel the cover that attaches to the motor (not that covers the clutches but the one behind the primary/secondary) its hot as hell. Thankfully this will all be changed in the next gen wildcat.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000