Yamaha What is the best EXAUHST SYSTEM OUT THERE

FernandezRacing

Off Road Swap Meet - UTVUnderground Approved Spons
Jan 15, 2009
ARE THE MOUNTS SOLID ON THE EXHAUST SYSTEM not rubber like the stock exhaust???? Sounds like RON WOODS is the best pipe to go with.
When re-jetting what size jett is needed for ocotillo,glamis,and pismo? Any feed back is helpful?????

THANKS DOGGS
This is for a stock carb , and after market air filter,06 rhino 660.

shonuff

"Kiss My Converse" - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
murrieta
this is the intake you need for that exhaust to maximize air flow

an aftermarket stock replacement air filter isnt good enough for a 175 main jet.

Reactions: 1 person

FernandezRacing

Jan 15, 2009

an aftermarket stock replacement air filter isnt good enough for a 175 main jet.
Its a pro curcuit foam filter,so are you saying it wont work ? or what jett will be needed??? thanks bro

K&N SUCKS SAND but give more air flow.I will save the motor..

shonuff

Jan 15, 2009
murrieta
the stock replacement filter you have will work, but not with a 175 main jet. to get the max power out of that exhaust you need to upgrade your whole intake system from the stocker to either a K&N highflow or the AFE highflow as turbo stated. the K&N will not suck sand if oiled properly and used with an outerwear.

Reactions: 1 person

Karl

McKrawlin - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Glendale, AZ
Its a pro curcuit foam filter,so are you saying it wont work ? or what jett will be needed??? thanks bro

K&N SUCKS SAND but give more air flow.I will save the motor..
I run the K&N Dan... I just have to maintenance it more often... almost after every dune trip, and def after every trail ride because of the dust around heeerrrr! lol

FernandezRacing

Jan 15, 2009

good input i just heard k&n sucks sand like crazy. "Example" put both filters up to the light the k&n filter you will see more light .

shonuff

Jan 15, 2009
murrieta
good input i just heard k&n sucks sand like crazy. "Example" put both filters up to the light the k&n filter you will see more light .
sometimes thats a good thing,,,, the more air the better!!!

i have had zero problems with the K&N sucking sand, ive been running it for 4 seasons now.

07fj

Rainman - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 19, 2009
Tonopah, Az
sometimes thats a good thing,,,, the more air the better!!!

i have had zero problems with the K&N sucking sand, ive been running it for 4 seasons now.

Same here, I run that exact filter setup, and BTW it is aluminum.

I just cleaned and reoiled this last weekend and absolutely nothing was in the intake tract, I have ran mine for 1400 miles at glamis and Ocotillo, no issues.

Rainman

TURBO

I Fly Rhino's For a Living - UTVUnderground Approv
Jan 16, 2009
Solvang CA...30MIN FROM PISMO
I chose the AFE because it has the same cfm as the k&n but this is the selling point kit runs 200.00 just like the k&n but you get 2 intake filters one oil less and one oil filter a outerwear prefilter and replacement air scoop that is really good looking for the center console ..it also has a better way of mounting the unit and it alls has a deflection box to keep most sand out and its quieter than a k&n less intake noise

FernandezRacing

Jan 15, 2009
good info

Should I run with the lid on or off, When I re-jet it and put a new pipe on it , like the quads???

TURBO

I Fly Rhino's For a Living - UTVUnderground Approv
Jan 16, 2009
Solvang CA...30MIN FROM PISMO
Should I run with the lid on or off, When I re-jet it and put a new pipe on it , like the quads???
if you run the foam replacement filter yes no lid but also cut some of the box off
all engines are the same SUCK- BANG-BLOW..so you can do every thing and if it cant suck every thing you have done sucks..lol

shonuff

Jan 15, 2009
murrieta
you will need to scrap the whole stock intake and air filter housing system if you go with the K&N intake.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000